Skateboarding Question

Guest Budweiser

Guest Budweiser

Now that you can use a skateboard on public sidewalks and roadways in Binghamton for transportation - Can I go out drinking and get totally bombed then use my skateboard to get home???

Guest Guest

I don't believe people complain about kids skateboarding. They're kids, that's who skateboards are made for. Everything in this damned state is illegal or too expensive anymore, hell going to work is too expensive. Let the kids have some fun. It used to be you could have dirtbikes and gas wasn't super expensive and the cops would leave you alone if you were in dirt trails in the woods. Now a days you can't even go to the woods and ride a dirtbike or a 4wheeler or anything. Now people are complaining about skateboards what the hell. What do you think kids should do then? Just go to school come home do homework and chores and go to bed? That's ADULTHOOD! We adults do enough fretting, let the kids have some fun while they can, because when they grow up gas will be $10 a gallon and theyll have a lot more to deal with than we do.

I don't believe people complain about kids skateboarding. They're kids, that's who skateboards are made for. Everything in this damned state is illegal or too expensive anymore, hell going to work is too expensive. Let the kids have some fun. It used to be you could have dirtbikes and gas wasn't super expensive and the cops would leave you alone if you were in dirt trails in the woods. Now a days you can't even go to the woods and ride a dirtbike or a 4wheeler or anything. Now people are complaining about skateboards what the hell. What do you think kids should do then? Just go to school come home do homework and chores and go to bed? That's ADULTHOOD! We adults do enough fretting, let the kids have some fun while they can, because when they grow up gas will be $10 a gallon and theyll have a lot more to deal with than we do.

I don't think it's the skateboards that people are complaining about. It's the few that do not show respect to people walking on the sidewalks and either get hit by the rider or out of the way fast enough.

I did say a few that give the sport a bad name. Sidewalks were made to walk on, not ride bikes or skateboards. As an example, I was coming out of Fashion Bug over in the Binghamton Plaza Sunday about 1:30pm. 3 Kids were skateboarding down the sidewalk. 2 of them stopped and the 3rd ran right into me telling me it was "MY" fault for not getting out of the way. Okay, like yep, I going to go into the leaps and bounds to get out of the way when I have 3 big bags of clothes I am carrying. The 2 told me that the 3rd was just rude and did not care about anything but himself. So, with this attitude of the City Council of allowing skateboarders on sidewalks, it's like handing the murder'r a loaded gun.

Don't get me wrong, like I said, it's a few that cause the problem, otherwise I would be all for it. Oh, and there are some bike riders that are the same way.

Just my 2 cents

Guest Skateboards if...
I don't think it's the skateboards that people are complaining about. It's the few that do not show respect to people walking on the sidewalks and either get hit by the rider or out of the way fast enough.

I did say a few that give the sport a bad name. Sidewalks were made to walk on, not ride bikes or skateboards. As an example, I was coming out of Fashion Bug over in the Binghamton Plaza Sunday about 1:30pm. 3 Kids were skateboarding down the sidewalk. 2 of them stopped and the 3rd ran right into me telling me it was "MY" fault for not getting out of the way. Okay, like yep, I going to go into the leaps and bounds to get out of the way when I have 3 big bags of clothes I am carrying. The 2 told me that the 3rd was just rude and did not care about anything but himself. So, with this attitude of the City Council of allowing skateboarders on sidewalks, it's like handing the murder'r a loaded gun.

Don't get me wrong, like I said, it's a few that cause the problem, otherwise I would be all for it. Oh, and there are some bike riders that are the same way.

Just my 2 cents

New law, you can run punk DELETED over with your car if they get in your way(that includes jaywalkers, skateboarders, bikers, etc...). I'm all for skateboards in the city if this law were to take place!

Guest Guest

I don\'t mind skaters. My cousins & nephews & family friends all skate. But I can\'t stand the \"skate & destroy\" attitude skaters. I got some attitude from some puke in the CVS parking lot on Robinson Street a few years back. He was skating right where cars park and an elderly man accidentally ran over the kid\'s board. The kid was just being the rudest mouthiest jerk and the elderly man was scared. I told the kid to knock it off & that he shouldn\'t skate where there are moving cars. So he starts giving me the attitude. At this point I got in his face and then ended up knocking him on his DELETED . He was pretty surprised and I don\'t think he expected it. That\'s really the only time I\'ve had problems with skaters, most of the time they\'re OK.

Guest Guest

The big question is ... Who will the Court Street Challenge?

Who will emerge victorious when one of our dauntless skateboarders meet one of our swift new environmentally friendly, passenger free buses, head to head?

@

Archived