Double Standard

Guest Crash & Burn

Guest Crash & Burn

City policy for vehicular accidents is drug testing and accident reports. Last week Commissioner Costello had an accident in the vicinity of Front & Main. Radio transmissions to City dispatch from Commissioner Costello stating he was involved in an accident at Front & Main and wanted to know what proper procedure was. He was told by dispatch that procedure is to dispatch a Police officer to take an accident report. An employee stated on the radio that a trip to 33 Mitchell Ave for drug testing is also required. Apparently these procedures do not apply to Commissioner Castello, because there were no accident reports or visit to Mitchell Ave. Does Commissioner Castello have something to hide? :rolleyes:

Guest Guest
City policy for vehicular accidents is drug testing and accident reports. Last week Commissioner Costello had an accident in the vicinity of Front & Main. Radio transmissions to City dispatch from Commissioner Costello stating he was involved in an accident at Front & Main and wanted to know what proper procedure was. He was told by dispatch that procedure is to dispatch a Police officer to take an accident report. An employee stated on the radio that a trip to 33 Mitchell Ave for drug testing is also required. Apparently these procedures do not apply to Commissioner Castello, because there were no accident reports or visit to Mitchell Ave. Does Commissioner Castello have something to hide? :rolleyes:

I wonder if he took a pre employment drug test. :unsure:

Guest tony stewart

i think you need a drug test. the only time the police can test you is after you have failed a field test and there is reasonable cause to believe you are impaired. if it is a minor accident and the police have no reason to suspect impairment, they can't and don't test you. if 60 beer cans fall out of your car, you will probably get tested. if you look and act sober while answering questions, you get a ticket.

@

Guest Guest
i think you need a drug test. the only time the police can test you is after you have failed a field test and there is reasonable cause to believe you are impaired. if it is a minor accident and the police have no reason to suspect impairment, they can't and don't test you. if 60 beer cans fall out of your car, you will probably get tested. if you look and act sober while answering questions, you get a ticket.

@

We are talking about CITY POLICY.

It is standard operating procedure after an accident in a City Vehicle to be tested.

Costello did not follow standard procedure he was not tested.

Guest Guest
We are talking about CITY POLICY.

It is standard operating procedure after an accident in a City Vehicle to be tested.

Costello did not follow standard procedure he was not tested.

Do you know this for a fact or are you just starting trouble ? What proof do you have other than hearing the scanner ?

@

Guest Guest
Do you know this for a fact or are you just starting trouble ? What proof do you have other than hearing the scanner ?

@

Tarik, How bout it did Castello go to Mitchell Ave for testing?

This is an interesting story.

I heard it firsthand.

I wonder if our local news media will look into it or if it will go under Calvin Stovall's big rug?

It would be nice if the BPD released a few documents.

Maybe they will show up in an envelope with a suggestion to ratify a long overdue contract.

If I were a Binghamton Police Officer screwed over by Mayor Matthew T. Ryan and Tarik Abdleazim for two years at least, I would nail Costello.

This is an interesting story.

I heard it firsthand.

----- What is firsthand ?

I wonder if our local news media will look into it or if it will go under Calvin Stovall's big rug?

----- If the officer felt alcohol or drugs were a contributing factor to the accident , he may of charged Tony with something .

If the local news media catered to everyone of your moans and groans , they would need another section for the comics .

It would be nice if the BPD released a few documents.

----- Did you request them ? Try doing a FOIL ... Or are you you just pouring gas on a fire that hasn't been started .

Maybe they will show up in an envelope with a suggestion to ratify a long overdue contract.

----- Maybe the Ferry God Mother will drop them off to you at the puppet center .

If I were a Binghamton Police Officer screwed over by Mayor Matthew T. Ryan and Tarik Abdleazim for two years at least, I would nail Costello.

----- Your not a Binghamton Police Officer - your a nobody . Also this statement suggests and shows just how spiteful you really are . To make this statement , is very childish and seems to claim , if tested , drugs would be foung .. What would you nail him for ? He called dispatch and asked the procedures . If he had something to hide , I think he wouldn't of took the same approach.

Are you worried that Tony could win a seat on City Counsel ?

I know him personally and am very sure he doesn't do drugs .

Guest Guest

Confidential medical records. 33 Mitchell ave. If you google maps it is clearly the number 1 substance abuse hospital in this area if the police officer had drugs in his system it would have been revealed at the hospital when he did the BAC. Why are you trying to start more trouble. It could have been anyone of us. We all like to say no I always have a DD but they're has been that occational morning wondering why the hell did I drive? I mean I was just buzzed but it was still DWI...too many glasses of wine with dinner but what the hell I had something to eat right? or I only had 5 or 6 beers all afternoon is enough for a DWI...Have you thought of that? I guess he didn't, now he'll pay do we really need to bash him with false accusations on BCVoice?

Confidential medical records. 33 Mitchell ave. If you google maps it is clearly the number 1 substance abuse hospital in this area if the police officer had drugs in his system it would have been revealed at the hospital when he did the BAC. Why are you trying to start more trouble. It could have been anyone of us. We all like to say no I always have a DD but they're has been that occational morning wondering why the hell did I drive? I mean I was just buzzed but it was still DWI...too many glasses of wine with dinner but what the hell I had something to eat right? or I only had 5 or 6 beers all afternoon is enough for a DWI...Have you thought of that? I guess he didn't, now he'll pay do we really need to bash him with false accusations on BCVoice?

Are you drunk now ? You failed the writing , reading and comprehensive tests . Please re-read the topic and try again :(

Guest Guest
----- Your not a Binghamton Police Officer - your a nobody . Also this statement suggests and shows just how spiteful you really are . To make this statement , is very childish and seems to claim , if tested , drugs would be foung .. What would you nail him for ? He called dispatch and asked the procedures . If he had something to hide , I think he wouldn't of took the same approach.

Are you worried that Tony could win a seat on City Counsel ?

I know him personally and am very sure he doesn't do drugs .

Costello a city employee (not a cop) did call dispatch. He was told to go to OccMed (Ocupational Medicine) for drug testing.

He did not go.

No police report for the accident was written up.

Tapes of the initial call are recorded at Broome County Sheriff's Office.

If he did go and there was a report let's see it.

Costello a city employee (not a cop) did call dispatch. He was told to go to OccMed (Ocupational Medicine) for drug testing.

He did not go.

If your saying he did not go --- your speculating ...

Have your attempted to gain access to a police report ?

You can get the tapes -- if you do a foil .....

If he did go , you are proved to be a jerk . But , don't worry , any medical reports are protected under the HEPA act , and you will be denied access to them ......

Guest Guest
Are you drunk now ? You failed the writing , reading and comprehensive tests . Please re-read the topic and try again :(

How do we know there was no police report (press got a hold of it somehow) or drug test this is just a message board. Doesn't the insurance company need an accident report. and he got a DWI. If he didn't take the drug test...was he on duty when this happened. I was always told to separate work ans personal life. This officer should be setting a good exaple...BTW what was his BAC? and no I'm NOT DRUNK! I am not sticking up for drunk drivers just want to know the facts too...

How do we know there was no police report (press got a hold of it somehow) or drug test this is just a message board. Doesn't the insurance company need an accident report. and he got a DWI. If he didn't take the drug test...was he on duty when this happened. I was always told to separate work ans personal life. This officer should be setting a good exaple...BTW what was his BAC? and no I'm NOT DRUNK! I am not sticking up for drunk drivers just want to know the facts too...

WTF ....... are you on ??? :unsure:

Guest Guest

He did not go.

Here is the topic of this thread.

Someposter here sesm cross-threaded and with a few loose screws...........

Guest Guest

@

Some people have to learn how to understand what they read. The OP was attempting to enlighten the public of the double standard that seems to be in place for administrative workers. If City policy is drug testing and accident reports then that means all accidents no matter how minor and for all City employees. Oh and if there was field testing a police report would have been filed. Maybe Local 693 will get to the bottom of this. And if there was no testing 693 should demand he have a hair follicle test done to determine if any illegal drugs were in the Commissioners system that day.

@

Archived