WIVT's new mall studio

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

i just noticed the other day while i was in the oakdale mall that newschannel 34 will be getting a mall studio soon. i wonder why there dong that. it seems like a really cool idea. its a chance to get seen on tv.

Guest Guest

Chamber of Commerce:

Ribbon Cutting at WIVT-TV New Television Studio

Monday, Apr 28, 2008 @ 05:00 PM

Greater Binghamton Chamber of Commerce to celebrate the opening of Channel 34's new television studio at the Oakdale Mall (located near Macy's) with a ribbon cutting on Monday, April 28th at 5:00 p.m. Join us for the festivities.

-----

I've been out of town for a while. Has anyone seen what it looks like, what store it's in?

Guest Guest-Facts Are Better-*
Awesome...

Any idea how many store spots the studio will take up and when it will open?!

Thanks!

From what I saw, it is only part of the old Anderson-Little then Sneakee Feet location... where the marine/boat showroom is now.

Guest Guest

i think it is a lot of glass so you can look in and watch it while it happens. kind of a neat idea. its like today on nbc down in new york city.

@

Guest Guest
Chamber of Commerce:

Ribbon Cutting at WIVT-TV New Television Studio

Monday, Apr 28, 2008 @ 05:00 PM

Greater Binghamton Chamber of Commerce to celebrate the opening of Channel 34's new television studio at the Oakdale Mall (located near Macy's) with a ribbon cutting on Monday, April 28th at 5:00 p.m. Join us for the festivities.

WHY IS THE RIBBON CUTTING AT 5PM, WHEN THEIR NEWS DOESN'T START UNTIL 5:30?

Guest Guest
i just noticed the other day while i was in the oakdale mall that newschannel 34 will be getting a mall studio soon. i wonder why there dong that. it seems like a really cool idea. its a chance to get seen on tv.

By whom??? The two people who watch that pathetic excuse for "news" show?

Sorry, but six minutes of Polish dancing at the mall is NOT newsworthy.

Guest Guest

I doubt Justin is switching over. On another thread, his contract is up; he's heading out of Binghamton.

I wish 34 would update their graphics and music to what Channel 9 in Syracuse uses. If they concentrated a bit more on the news and less on soccar balls and planting tips, they'd give wbng some competition.

Guest Guest

Oh boy the bush league, goof troop news is getting a mall studio. Big deal! They will always be second bananas to WBNG. There news is a day old and website is a joke. Don't get excited over the amateurs "mall news." They are desperate for viewers and that is why they set up shop at the crap bonanza known as the oakdale mall.

Guest Guest

With this thread and the other about Justin Moss, are you suggesting that Steve Craig is taking Justin's weekend anchor gig across town, and Justin will take Steve's spot? I doubt that very much. I could be wrong, but with no-compete clauses in contracts, Justin's reel still online on MediaLine, their bios both online and making that much of a change right in the midst of May sweeps, I'll believe it when I see it, and I have a feeling we won't see anything Monday, other than the new studio, which I'm excited to see.

Guest Guest

hey maybe it will be like nbctoday. maybe people will be stairng in to look whats going. but usually when they do the news down at the mall i have noticed by watching that not too many people come down to watch. now that they are near macy's. when they were near jcpenney's it was busier. even then not too many people came down. only time will tell how well it goes. i think its a cool idea. i went by it the other day and it looks really cool inside. i don't think that you will be able to look inside during the news because they usually have that area blocked off for the cameras and stuff.

Guest guest

Cudos to NewsChannel 34 for doing this. it think its really interesting. i do think though that it should be more centered around the news and not other segments. i mean its a news station. i think they should maybe do a sports segment at the mall as well. i do like the music segments at the end of the newscast.

Guest guest
I hope they put video from tonight online. I really hope that station can make a turnaround.

@

i think that they will put the video from tonight online. they usually do put all the video they have and all the stories they have on during the 5:30 through 6:30 on their website. it will be interesting to see how it turns out. by the way who is news director over there on 34? i thought a lady was at one point.

Guest guest

i wonder if they will do a 10 year anniversary story of the tornado that hit the station in May of 1998? i think they did one for the 5 year.

Archived