Anybody Now About 2012?

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

I hear some are predicting a major catastrophe will destroy the earth in the year 2012. Like the earth being hit by a large asteroid.

BUT: With our calendar being up to 50 yeras off - who knows when this will be??

Also others thought the world would end in the year 2000. Perhaps the year 2000 has not really arrived??

Guest Reddi Killowatt

I'm not buying the whole 2012 thing...even if anything happened, the US has enough ammo to shoot anything out of the sky.

@

People have been talking about this nonsense for a long time. And I mean a LONG time and it hasn't happened yet. Until I see something coming, I will continue to live my life as I always have. If it ever does come down to anarchy in the streets, I will be the last man standing and you can count on that.

I have seen this on the History Channel. It wasn't their best piece of work. They did admit that other doomsday dates have come and gone and become conveniently forgotten.

The next date is supposed to be December 21, 2012. It has to do with the Mayan Calendar. When it's 4000 year cycle closes, Armageddon will come upon us.

For the whole truth, I would log onto bcvoice on that day to get the details the other media is afraid to tell us.

It has to do with the mayan calendar and what is supposed to happen has something to do with the magnetic rotation of the earth which coud cause all kinds of catastrophe's from flooding to earthquakes, fire and such. The Mayan calendar has predicted quite a number of things from the fall of the roman empire to world wars and such. Their calendar is supposed to be incredibly accurate but for unexplained reasons it ends at the date that matches our December 21st 2012. It will be interesting to see.

Guest Guest-fred-*

I went through this alarmizm about a year ago. I did more than the average amount of research, and concluded that it is yet another of those bogey man stories that we can't help but be attracted to. The Mayan explanation says a new calander begins then. But don't take my word for it. Do your own damn research. The history channel special was weak. Suppossedly Nostradamus pointed to 2012 as a year of "great change." It could mean something good is going to happen.

By the way, did you know that before the bogey man goes to bed, he checks his closet to make sure Chuck Norris isn't hiding in there?

@

Archived