Binghamton at a crossroads

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Yesterday we had a comment from one of Matthew T. Ryan's extended commune members from Pennsylvania.

Of course that person could not offer one positive thing or accomplishmnet Ryan had done.

That is usally the case with Ryan supporters, they live someplace else and when asked what Ryan has really done they have no clue and can offer no examples.

On the other hand, Mr. Guley here offered more specifics. The failures of Ryan abound and everybody can cite those.

I see to accompany the letter the Press & Sun-Bulletin found a photo of Mayor Ryan actually in his office. That must have taken some doing since usually he is out in a parade, raising a flag, picketing against Time Warner, protesting with students, opening dress shops and doing almost everything else except looking after the the real business of the city and a Mayor

Binghamton is at a crossroad and Ryan has been standing in the intersection for two years.

I like it.

I'll use it.

With a little luck a big truck called reality will come barrrelling through the intersection soon...

I like the title the PSB gave the letter below, "Ryan should keep promise of economic plan".

How about the promise of a First Ward Health Clinic?

How about the promise of North side Grovery?

How about the promise of a Southside Commons?

How about the promise bipartisanship?

How about the promise of transparency? (How much is The Regncy losing every day?)

How about that promise of cheap prescription drugs for seniors.How about the lower taxes he promised?

How about showing the world Binghamton is open for business?

How about "advanced training for police and fire, putting police on foot and bike patrols, and recruiting police officers from city neighborhoods"?

How about, "his ability to negotiate a deal. "Part of my job is about negotiating to make sure my clients do better things in life," We sure saw tha in action last week when he yelled at Binghamotn Plaza owners who were kid enouhg to show up a t a Neighborhood Assembly. He gained a lot fo trust and goodwill there!

Is there one promise Matthew T. Ryan has kept?

Wednesday April 23, 2008

Viewpoint

Letters to the Editor

Ryan should keep promise of economic plan

In Mayor Matthew T. Ryan's election campaign, he stated in this newspaper that he would have an economic plan for the City of Binghamton in his first six months in office. It is now 27 months into his term and he now says he finally has a plan to begin planning.

He inherited many fiscal problems from the previous city administration. However, he has added to the problems with the creation of new positions, substantial raises for six appointees, and acceptance of a lower bid for the Regency Hotel -- which the city still has not received. Finally, using the Iraq War as the main excuse for the lack of funds shows questionable leadership.

Now we face a 42 percent increase in water rates on top of the 24 percent increase we just "swallowed" last year. Where do we go from here?

"Binghamton is at a crossroads," Ryan wrote recently. To us out here, it looks like he has been standing in the intersection for two years.

Frederick T. Guley Jr.

Binghamton

http://www.pressconnects.com/apps/pbcs.dll...11/1005/OPINION

Guest Guest
Yeah stay there you &%$&%^( fool. I'll run over you with my patrol car!

Yes, there is one promise Mayor Ryan has kept.

He promised his extreme left liberal friends, Tarik, Luke Day and Tom Costello, that he would hire them.

Can't wait for the next election to get this complete moron and his band of misfits (that would be unemployed without him) our of there!!!

Guest Guest

Love that letter from Mr Guley and i bow to him! Ryan has been a deer in the headlights since the beginning and never was a leader in his life! Its time we cut our losses and have him removed before there isnt any credability left!

Between him and Fiala we are DOOMED!

I can understand how we can sit by and not gather in masses to have him removed!! Hes a loose cannon.

Guest Guest

Don't know about you but I had to search a bit to find that letter and when I try to open it on Pressconnects.com it tells me it can't be opened due to some error????

Guest guest

Ryan has a citgy council that's totally democrats and he still can't get a damn thing done. he's hired a bunch of misfits and do nothings while the good people have all but left city hall. thank god theres only 20 months left of this!

@

Guest Guest
Ryan has a citgy council that's totally democrats and he still can't get a damn thing done. he's hired a bunch of misfits and do nothings while the good people have all but left city hall. thank god theres only 20 months left of this!

@

Yes, but it will take ten years to dig ourselves of the hole he will leave.

Guest Guest

all those promises...

so few accomplishments

Yesterday we had a comment from one of Matthew T. Ryan's extended commune members from Pennsylvania.

Of course that person could not offer one positive thing or accomplishmnet Ryan had done.

That is usally the case with Ryan supporters, they live someplace else and when asked what Ryan has really done they have no clue and can offer no examples.

On the other hand, Mr. Guley here offered more specifics. The failures of Ryan abound and everybody can cite those.

I see to accompany the letter the Press & Sun-Bulletin found a photo of Mayor Ryan actually in his office. That must have taken some doing since usually he is out in a parade, raising a flag, picketing against Time Warner, protesting with students, opening dress shops and doing almost everything else except looking after the the real business of the city and a Mayor

Binghamton is at a crossroad and Ryan has been standing in the intersection for two years.

I like it.

I'll use it.

With a little luck a big truck called reality will come barrrelling through the intersection soon...

I like the title the PSB gave the letter below, "Ryan should keep promise of economic plan".

How about the promise of a First Ward Health Clinic?

How about the promise of North side Grovery?

How about the promise of a Southside Commons?

How about the promise bipartisanship?

How about the promise of transparency? (How much is The Regncy losing every day?)

How about that promise of cheap prescription drugs for seniors.How about the lower taxes he promised?

How about showing the world Binghamton is open for business?

How about "advanced training for police and fire, putting police on foot and bike patrols, and recruiting police officers from city neighborhoods"?

How about, "his ability to negotiate a deal. "Part of my job is about negotiating to make sure my clients do better things in life," We sure saw tha in action last week when he yelled at Binghamotn Plaza owners who were kid enouhg to show up a t a Neighborhood Assembly. He gained a lot fo trust and goodwill there!

Is there one promise Matthew T. Ryan has kept?

Wednesday April 23, 2008

Viewpoint

Letters to the Editor

Ryan should keep promise of economic plan

In Mayor Matthew T. Ryan's election campaign, he stated in this newspaper that he would have an economic plan for the City of Binghamton in his first six months in office. It is now 27 months into his term and he now says he finally has a plan to begin planning.

He inherited many fiscal problems from the previous city administration. However, he has added to the problems with the creation of new positions, substantial raises for six appointees, and acceptance of a lower bid for the Regency Hotel -- which the city still has not received. Finally, using the Iraq War as the main excuse for the lack of funds shows questionable leadership.

Now we face a 42 percent increase in water rates on top of the 24 percent increase we just "swallowed" last year. Where do we go from here?

"Binghamton is at a crossroads," Ryan wrote recently. To us out here, it looks like he has been standing in the intersection for two years.

Frederick T. Guley Jr.

Binghamton

http://www.pressconnects.com/apps/pbcs.dll...11/1005/OPINION

I will support anyone running against RYAN or Fiala

@

A gerbil could beat Ryan at this point.

Mrs. Fiala will be a formidable incumbent. Do not think otherwise. She is well liked and has not really alienated anyone. While you may not agree with everything she has done, she has not committed any flagrant fouls.

Archived