CV vs. Windsor

Guest Softball

Guest Softball

Tomorrow the top 2 ranked Class B teams, Chenango Valley and Windsor, meet for their first match of the season.. who will take the victory?

Guest Softball Guest
CV should have no problem. Their line-up is strong 1 through 9.

I love your confidence but Windsor is also strong 1 through 9. I'm a CV fan but whenever you have two very good teams playing, either can win. The "CV should have no problem" quote is obviously from someone who:

1. Does not understand the game

2. Does not play (any sport)

3. Has too much time on their hands

Should be a heck of a game.

Guest SEC4 Fan
CV should have no problem. Their line-up is strong 1 through 9.

Two very strong teams. Both know they have to get through the other to get out of the section. Will be the first of 3 or 4 great games between these two teams!

Guest Guesto1
Two very strong teams. Both know they have to get through the other to get out of the section. Will be the first of 3 or 4 great games between these two teams!

Who won? Any info on how the game went?

Guest Windsor wins
Who won? Any info on how the game went?

CHENANGO BRIDGE — Abby Hanrahan hit a two-run homer and Meghan Tucker struck out six to help Windsor beat Chenango Valley 2-0 in a Southern Tier Athletic Conference softball game on Thursday.

Windsor, the No. 2 ranked Class B team in the state, improves to 10-0 overall and 6-0 in STAC. The top-ranked Warriors drop to 6-1, 4-1.

Hanrahan’s third homer of the season rolled all the way to the fence in right-center field and scored Kelly Costello in the fifth inning. Before the home run, Chenango Valley pitcher Siera Sheehan hadn’t given up a run in four starts this season.

“It was a fastball a little outside,” Hanrahan said. “But you take what you get. I thought it was something I could hit.”

Chenango Valley had a chance to score in the bottom of the seventh inning with runners on first and second and two out, but leadoff Dani Koltz popped out to the shortstop down the third-base line to end the game.

Guest Guest

For all of you folks that do not have a clue - - this was one heck of a game. Well played on both sides. Both teams had some opportunities and it came down to one hit. This is playoff level stuff and both teams will be better for it. Looking forward to probably 3 more meetings between these teams.

Guest Guest
For all of you folks that do not have a clue - - this was one heck of a game. Well played on both sides. Both teams had some opportunities and it came down to one hit. This is playoff level stuff and both teams will be better for it. Looking forward to probably 3 more meetings between these teams.

I was there and yes it was a great game. I really have never seen a more well played game before. The girl who hit the home run was the MVP of the game and i hope she has many more great games to come.

Archived