Different Drug Problem

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

The other day, someone at a store in our town read that a Methamphetamine lab had been found in an old farmhouse in the adjoining county and he asked me a rhetorical question, "Why didn't we have a drug problem when you and I were growing up?"

I replied, I had a drug problem when I was young: I was drug to church on Sunday morning. I was drug to church for weddings and funerals. I was drug to family reunions and community socials no matter the weather.

I was drug by my ears when I was disrespectful to adults. I was also drug to the woodshed when I disobeyed my parents, told a lie, brought home a bad report card, did not speak with respect, spoke ill of the teacher or the preacher, or if I didn't put forth my best effort in everything that was asked of me.

I was drug to the kitchen sink to have my mouth washed out with soap if I uttered a profanity. I was drug out to pull weeds in mom's garden and flower beds and cockled burs out of dad's fields. I was drug to the homes of family, friends and neighbors to help out some poor soul who had no one to mow the yard, repair the clothesline, or chop some firewood, and, if my mother had ever known that I took a single dime as a tip for this kindness, she would have drug me back to the woodshed.

Those drugs are still in my veins and they affect my behavior in everything I do, say, or think. They are stronger than cocaine, crack or heroin; and, if today's children had this kind of drug problem, America would be a better place.

GOD BLESS PARENTS WHO DRUGGED US.

I take of my hat and give a bow to you!!!!!!

Best statement I have heard, in my whole life!

Thank you my sister gave it to me and I thought I would share it.

@

Guest Guest

I'll tell you what.

I hit convenience stores in Bing, JC and Endicott probably 3 times a day.

There are some SCARY looking people around this area. And there's more of them every month.

I mean SCARY.

Yep,you guessed it,you can thank the Democrats for that too-

The lawmakers in Massachusetts are currently debating a proposal to ban the spanking of children by their parents. This is the second time Mass. lawmakers have considered this issue. A previous proposal was thrown out in 2005 -- and the betting is it will fail on this occasion too. In January this year, a similar proposal brought before the California state legislature by Assemblywoman Sally Lieber (D-Mountain View) also failed. So if Mass. does throw the bill out again, will it be game over? Hardly.

Liberals see this issue as offering an unprecedented opportunity to advance their authoritarian ideology into the heart of the institution most resistant to social engineering: the family. In the bid to control how your children are brought up, Massachusetts is, for liberals, just an early skirmish in a long war.

Prior to the state review in California, a CBS/Survey USA poll found little public support for a spanking ban. While 57% of those polled were against a ban a mere 23% were for it. Yet within weeks of the legislature's snub Sally Lieber was back with essentially the same proposal - this time 'disguised' as an anti-abuse bill. On May 31 that proposal too died in committee.

Kathleen Wolf, the Arlington nurse who brought the current Massachusetts bill, claims, "Spanking isn't abuse. Spanking isn't the main issue. It's about using physical force against children for punishment." Only a postmodern mind could devise such an obscure distinction. State legislator Jay Kaufman (D-Lexington), who submitted the bill at the request of Wolf, wants to ban "the wilful infliction of physical pain or injurious or humiliating treatment." Well that sure covers spanking in my book.

Another defeat in Massachusetts may prove a set back, but it won't stop the Left's campaign to usurp the moral authority of parents -- as an increasing attempt to suck in Christian support by playing the 'God card' reveals. Take Fox News' Bill O'Reilly's set-to with child psychologist and liberal activist Dr Theresa Whitehurst, author of 'How Would Jesus Raise Your Child?' on the run up to the Massachusetts hearing.

Now forgive me, I had never heard of the good doctor before this interview. Nor had I read her book. But she was there to assert her theory that spanking was not only an abuse of children's rights but also anti-Christian. Well, I have to tell you, as a long-time teacher on matters biblical, I almost choked on my Wheaties (O'Reilly's is a morning show on Fox in the UK).

This is no place for a sermon. But as liberals choose to play the God card I wish to set the record straight. First, "spare the rod and spoil the child" is unequivocal and comes straight from the Psalms. A little later, Proverbs teaches: "foolishness is bound up in the heart of a child" and that the "rod of correction will drive it from him". The Bible recognizes that this is the nature of newborns, and to allow them to continue thus just stores up trouble for the future. Let's face real world facts. All of us are born grasping, selfish and, often, quite vindictive. And we can be stubborn too about parental correctives of nay kind, especially if the ultimate sanction of force is taken off the communal table. The truth is God is just plain not on the liberal policy 'team' when it comes to outlawing the parental right to swat to make a point.

As liberals are bound to keep having a crack at this particular nut, state legislatures should know that even the inexorably liberalizing Mother of Parliaments balked at a moral 'home invasion' of this magnitude. In 2004 British lawmakers voted by a massive 424 to 75 against an outright ban on child spanking, citing enormous public opinion against it. But then liberals tend to care little for democratic ideals or public opinion. After all, why bother treading the path of winning the intellectual and moral argument, when pushing through legal precedents can circumvent it entirely?

So as parents across the land wait to hear whether Mass. will be the first state to breach the national dam of parental rights, it may be instructive to wonder just how liberals become liberals in the first place. A lack of parental discipline perhaps? And maybe a good early slap would have saved us all a whole lotta trouble?

Guest Guest

And the ones now pushing for these LAWS are the same one who rebeled when they were growing up and being treated like the first post in this tread!

They can kiss my DELETED and I don't care. If a kid does wrong, the only way to correct it is a swift smack on the DELETED !

I found out our son was stealing a few years back, and located each and every item he made up a story about. It took me over a month to get the stores involved out of him, but then we went on a little trip. Each store, each manager, was given the items back, plus I made him pay for it out of the money he was working mowing grass, shoveling sidewalks and the such fo, for his summer vacation trip he had planned with a couple of other kids. Needless to say, he did not go, and I talked one manager into put a scare into him by having the police come and do a fake arrest. All prearranged. It worked perfectly!

The boy grew up, went on to college and got his degree in computer science. Best move I ever made.

Guest Parent

I really liked the OP and think that it was a great read and one that I will share with my friends as an e-mail forward and my students. It is very true. There have always been drug/alcohol problems but not to the extreme of today. We are exposed to more due to 24 hour news and a constant need to fill time.

Middle schools are a great place to observe the downward spiral of respect towards teachers and adults.

How is this the democrats fault though? Do the democrats raise your child? That is a false statement just as false as the statement regarding Bush being respons. for the gas prices.

It is not the democrats, it is the parents.

@

Bravo to the OP! Respect or lack of it has serious consequences for all of us. Most kids aren't taught respect for parents, teachers, other adults or themselves. What are their parents thinking? At dinner last Saturday there was a group of college kids dining and they were loud and disruptive bothering everyone. Loud profanities were flying. They were very amused with themselves. I don't think the elderly couple closest to them cared to hear f*** this and f*** that while eating. I wanted to ask for their mothers' phone numbers and let them know how their kids were behaving. God help us all when these kids take over. Know there are great young adultls out there. Can only hope they outnumber the others.

Guest galvatron's fan club
Yep,you guessed it,you can thank the Democrats for that too-

The lawmakers in Massachusetts are currently debating a proposal to ban the spanking of children by their parents. This is the second time Mass. lawmakers have considered this issue. A previous proposal was thrown out in 2005 -- and the betting is it will fail on this occasion too. In January this year, a similar proposal brought before the California state legislature by Assemblywoman Sally Lieber (D-Mountain View) also failed. So if Mass. does throw the bill out again, will it be game over? Hardly.

Liberals see this issue as offering an unprecedented opportunity to advance their authoritarian ideology into the heart of the institution most resistant to social engineering: the family. In the bid to control how your children are brought up, Massachusetts is, for liberals, just an early skirmish in a long war.

Prior to the state review in California, a CBS/Survey USA poll found little public support for a spanking ban. While 57% of those polled were against a ban a mere 23% were for it. Yet within weeks of the legislature's snub Sally Lieber was back with essentially the same proposal - this time 'disguised' as an anti-abuse bill. On May 31 that proposal too died in committee.

Kathleen Wolf, the Arlington nurse who brought the current Massachusetts bill, claims, "Spanking isn't abuse. Spanking isn't the main issue. It's about using physical force against children for punishment." Only a postmodern mind could devise such an obscure distinction. State legislator Jay Kaufman (D-Lexington), who submitted the bill at the request of Wolf, wants to ban "the wilful infliction of physical pain or injurious or humiliating treatment." Well that sure covers spanking in my book.

Another defeat in Massachusetts may prove a set back, but it won't stop the Left's campaign to usurp the moral authority of parents -- as an increasing attempt to suck in Christian support by playing the 'God card' reveals. Take Fox News' Bill O'Reilly's set-to with child psychologist and liberal activist Dr Theresa Whitehurst, author of 'How Would Jesus Raise Your Child?' on the run up to the Massachusetts hearing.

Now forgive me, I had never heard of the good doctor before this interview. Nor had I read her book. But she was there to assert her theory that spanking was not only an abuse of children's rights but also anti-Christian. Well, I have to tell you, as a long-time teacher on matters biblical, I almost choked on my Wheaties (O'Reilly's is a morning show on Fox in the UK).

This is no place for a sermon. But as liberals choose to play the God card I wish to set the record straight. First, "spare the rod and spoil the child" is unequivocal and comes straight from the Psalms. A little later, Proverbs teaches: "foolishness is bound up in the heart of a child" and that the "rod of correction will drive it from him". The Bible recognizes that this is the nature of newborns, and to allow them to continue thus just stores up trouble for the future. Let's face real world facts. All of us are born grasping, selfish and, often, quite vindictive. And we can be stubborn too about parental correctives of nay kind, especially if the ultimate sanction of force is taken off the communal table. The truth is God is just plain not on the liberal policy 'team' when it comes to outlawing the parental right to swat to make a point.

As liberals are bound to keep having a crack at this particular nut, state legislatures should know that even the inexorably liberalizing Mother of Parliaments balked at a moral 'home invasion' of this magnitude. In 2004 British lawmakers voted by a massive 424 to 75 against an outright ban on child spanking, citing enormous public opinion against it. But then liberals tend to care little for democratic ideals or public opinion. After all, why bother treading the path of winning the intellectual and moral argument, when pushing through legal precedents can circumvent it entirely?

So as parents across the land wait to hear whether Mass. will be the first state to breach the national dam of parental rights, it may be instructive to wonder just how liberals become liberals in the first place. A lack of parental discipline perhaps? And maybe a good early slap would have saved us all a whole lotta trouble?

my retarded idol has struck gold again. it's democrats fault kids are growing up to be monsters. it's a political issue not an individual parenting issue. it's called paranoia. look into it. by the way, you know who was governor in 2005 in Mass. mitt romney. pretty sure he's not a democrat. he also brought socialized health care to Mass. once again you are so stupid you don't even have a clue what you are talking. yeah galvatron!!!!!! another moronic rant with no logic. he's the best.

Guest michael landon
The other day, someone at a store in our town read that a Methamphetamine lab had been found in an old farmhouse in the adjoining county and he asked me a rhetorical question, "Why didn't we have a drug problem when you and I were growing up?"

I replied, I had a drug problem when I was young: I was drug to church on Sunday morning. I was drug to church for weddings and funerals. I was drug to family reunions and community socials no matter the weather.

I was drug by my ears when I was disrespectful to adults. I was also drug to the woodshed when I disobeyed my parents, told a lie, brought home a bad report card, did not speak with respect, spoke ill of the teacher or the preacher, or if I didn't put forth my best effort in everything that was asked of me.

I was drug to the kitchen sink to have my mouth washed out with soap if I uttered a profanity. I was drug out to pull weeds in mom's garden and flower beds and cockled burs out of dad's fields. I was drug to the homes of family, friends and neighbors to help out some poor soul who had no one to mow the yard, repair the clothesline, or chop some firewood, and, if my mother had ever known that I took a single dime as a tip for this kindness, she would have drug me back to the woodshed.

Those drugs are still in my veins and they affect my behavior in everything I do, say, or think. They are stronger than cocaine, crack or heroin; and, if today's children had this kind of drug problem, America would be a better place.

what are you, 400 yrs. old? i saw you on little house on the praire. you and your parents should be put for sainthood. we did the same thing in our house except we don't brag about and make it sound heroic. it's just what you do. great piece of fiction, though.

Guest Guest
what are you, 400 yrs. old? i saw you on little house on the praire. you and your parents should be put for sainthood. we did the same thing in our house except we don't brag about and make it sound heroic. it's just what you do. great piece of fiction, though.

Was she Half-pint or Mary?

Guest Guest
my retarded idol has struck gold again. it's democrats fault kids are growing up to be monsters. it's a political issue not an individual parenting issue. it's called paranoia. look into it. by the way, you know who was governor in 2005 in Mass. mitt romney. pretty sure he's not a democrat. he also brought socialized health care to Mass. once again you are so stupid you don't even have a clue what you are talking. yeah galvatron!!!!!! another moronic rant with no logic. he's the best.

That's his strength......moronic rants deviod of any intellect. Name calling and hyperbole are his specialty. So that means he fits in well here.

Guest Guest

Bite me hard then kiss it to make it better.

@

Guest Guest

No, he's not 400. He's a chronic copy & paster. This same "story" has been floating around the net for a few years. Chain emails....gotta love them.

Archived