How to recieve legitimate payment for an item

Guest Patty

Guest Patty

When using one of the free advertisers online selling an item, there's always much interest. What kind of payment will you accept that is legitimate,of course I am speaking of emails just telling you to ask what ever kind of payment you want. Now the scams are so good today, I really have to say I don't know the best way to deal with a large sum coming from who knows where, from who knows who.

I am sure there are those who have dealt with Ebay or one of the other sources may have an answer. How to make sure Checks, Money Orders etc. are good before you send the item.

At one time a Cashiers check was as good as gold no more.

Guest Guest
When using one of the free advertisers online selling an item, there's always much interest. What kind of payment will you accept that is legitimate,of course I am speaking of emails just telling you to ask what ever kind of payment you want. Now the scams are so good today, I really have to say I don't know the best way to deal with a large sum coming from who knows where, from who knows who.

I am sure there are those who have dealt with Ebay or one of the other sources may have an answer. How to make sure Checks, Money Orders etc. are good before you send the item.

At one time a Cashiers check was as good as gold no more.

Paypal. Very secure with several options for purchase protection.

Guest Guest
Paypal. Very secure with several options for purchase protection.

Yep !

And that is all I accept for payment !

Have Never Had A Problem To This Day !

Guest Guest-Mick-*

Patty, a bank transfer is the safest and it's quick. If you have a checking account then your set to go. You only give the same info. that would be on any check you send or give anyone. There is nothing that can be compromised and once the funds are in your account they cannot be retrieved or canceled by the sender.

Guest Benni Booboo

Another tip if you are buying and selling online, open a seperate checking account and use it stricty for online. Only transfer the exact amount of money you need into that account, that way no one has access to your other resources.

@

Archived