Endicott Fire Department Ambulance

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

I was told by someone that is involved with this that the Village of Endicott has money towards an ambulance for the fire department in Capitol Expenses in the budget. Why wasn’t that mentioned at any meetings? From what I am hearing, the people in the village do not know about this. Since the money comes from us, we should be made aware of all expenses and have a vote on them. Is Bertoni being sneaky? I don’t want my money going towards this and especially when I haven’t even been informed about it. I work nights so cannot attend Village meetings, but why don’t the people have more to say about all of this? Doesn’t anyone go to these meetings?

UVES has done a fine job for over 30 years. For the Village to spend even more money on the fire department to save jobs that are not needed is ridiculous. I was told they hired more firemen and were not suppose to. There were enough fire personnel for the number of large fires we have. I would rather they added more police since they are needed in the Village of Endicott more now than ever before. I don’t want a sneaky Mayor or board.

The Village of Endicott has always been so centered on the Fire Department. They definitely don’t treat their police department in the same manner, and since learning about this, I know they don’t really care about the people of Endicott.

Why would they treat UVES in this manner? People…why do you want to spend more and more money every year when you already have an ambulance agency that has taken care of the Village for so long and has done a good job of it? Doesn’t anyone have any loyalty to anything anymore? This fire ambulance is going to cost the people a lot of money every single year. You don’t just buy an ambulance, put a couple of people on it and think that is the end of it.

Binghamton Press…why are you not checking into this??? I would hope you would be objective and not just favor the Village Board, since that is what I was told. I am trying to lower my taxes not raise them more and more every year for something that is already working just fine.

Guest guest
uhhh DEEEERRRRRRRRRRR, do you have any idea what huge profits would go back to YOUR village instead of a private company? DERRRRRRRRR do you smell the tax reduction in YOUR village? WOW, it just amazes me..... I need to go gargle now.

@

The whole point of this is that the people are not aware of the fact they have money in capital expenses for this specific reason. They got the money from the people and they are getting it how?? Why is it all so hush, hush? Plus the amount of money that will go back into the village from this project is much less than you think. Your taxes will not go down, but will absolutely go up. Check out the Binghamton Fire problems. Check out how much they actually made in profit and how much they have spent every year. The people should get together and check into what it will cost the village to do this on a continuous basis, let alone getting it started. Are they going to start out with used rigs, etc? It will cost a few million to get it all started with a new ambulance and with what is actually needed. You will find it will cost a lot more than we think.

Guest guest
I understand that it is being provided by a grant,which does not need tax payer approval.

@

The grant only covers one year not future years, and the amount is still not sufficient.

Guest guest

first off the village will not be getting a paid fire dept. ambulance crew, not now or ever. They have UVES, superior, Vestal, Broome EMS.. They will not hire more people cuz ur f... heads will not pay more taxes for this service, plus they ( firefireghters in Endicott) refused to do it anyway. It was a way to get more money back to the village as they think but it will not. They will just about break even from paying time for training , certifications, cost of an ambulance and supplies, and manpower, insurance. As the fire on Washington Ave. the other day Endicott only responded with five firefighters. so you take 3 to 4 guys and put them into an ambulance on a trauma call and ohhh...we forgot to staff the engine for fire protection cuz we were short handed on ems ..... LEAVE ALL THIS BULL.... and let the professionals take care of what you DELETED up, so we can look good and have a laugh or too.....

:angry:

first off the village will not be getting a paid fire dept. ambulance crew, not now or ever. They have UVES, superior, Vestal, Broome EMS.. They will not hire more people cuz ur f... heads will not pay more taxes for this service, plus they ( firefireghters in Endicott) refused to do it anyway. It was a way to get more money back to the village as they think but it will not. They will just about break even from paying time for training , certifications, cost of an ambulance and supplies, and manpower, insurance. As the fire on Washington Ave. the other day Endicott only responded with five firefighters. so you take 3 to 4 guys and put them into an ambulance on a trauma call and ohhh...we forgot to staff the engine for fire protection cuz we were short handed on ems ..... LEAVE ALL THIS BULL.... and let the professionals take care of what you DELETED up, so we can look good and have a laugh or too.....

The mayer loves the endiocct fireman but they steal our taxs so they can go to the price choppper

all day i see them there eveyday i new they wouldnot do ambulance . I used to do ems and i know

they dont want to do it. I know for a long time fhe fires they could not put out and they had to call for

help so they get paid for nothing and we cannot aford to hwve this but the mayer always will do everything for them. :angry:

@

why do you people in Endicott look at the fire department each time you want to cut back what the deal ? there isnt any buisness to build tax base so just screw the people who protect you? they are the lowest paid underfunded department in the area.

Guest guest
why do you people in Endicott look at the fire department each time you want to cut back what the deal ? there isnt any buisness to build tax base so just screw the people who protect you? they are the lowest paid underfunded department in the area.

Are you kidding me?? Your head must be in the sand. Go look at the public records. They work an average of 8 days per month and are paid quite handsomely. How many days do you work? If you are not a fireman, you probably work a lot more than they do. I work 6 days a week every week and I don't make what they make. Not only that, go down there and watch just what they do everyday. They sit A LOT. They are one of the highest, if not the highest burden on our tax base. No one has to take my word for it...it is all a matter of public records and open to everyone. I know one of the guys there...he makes $50,000.00 a year for 8 days per month. THAT IS LUDICROUS! you can also look up the number of fires they go to. I mean large fires, not a pot on a stove. Thank God the great majority of their calls are exactly that kind of call, but the few fires a year that we have are not worth $50,000.00 for 96 days of work...mostly consisting of relaxing by the television, computer or outside. Plus they get great benefits which raises that yearly income another 10 to 15%. I wonder why the mayor and board do not do more to build up our police force since we are getting a lot more crime around here. People are telling me the mayors have both been in the fire department's back pocket.

Guest Guest

First of all, "Useless" (UVES) is falling apart. They cannot keep volunteers on at all. The people need to look at their ambulance services and see if they are falling apart/ sufficient, etc. If not, you need to get creative. If EFD is looking for their own ambulance, they may actually make some money. Who knows? They charge the insurance companies and Medi-rip-off, get money back to pay for the service, plus some. With the weirdos at Absolut Nursing Home sending old farts to the Crisis Center everyday because they don't like being mistreated by the crappy nursing staff, an Endicott ambulance may make enough to pay all of the village taxes! LOL!!!! Just kidding. BTW, who calls a nursing home Absolut? That's like calling an alcohol recovery place Johnny Walker or Bud Weiser. DUH!!!!

Guest guest
First of all, "Useless" (UVES) is falling apart. They cannot keep volunteers on at all. The people need to look at their ambulance services and see if they are falling apart/ sufficient, etc. If not, you need to get creative. If EFD is looking for their own ambulance, they may actually make some money. Who knows? They charge the insurance companies and Medi-rip-off, get money back to pay for the service, plus some. With the weirdos at Absolut Nursing Home sending old farts to the Crisis Center everyday because they don't like being mistreated by the crappy nursing staff, an Endicott ambulance may make enough to pay all of the village taxes! LOL!!!! Just kidding. BTW, who calls a nursing home Absolut? That's like calling an alcohol recovery place Johnny Walker or Bud Weiser. DUH!!!!

Uves is doing just fine from what I hear. They miss very few calls. They do thousands of calls each year with more added every year. They also have paid staff to cover what volunteers don't. I wish I could get a job there, but I have to work at an agency that doesn't care about its people at all. They have a very good record. Also, an ambulance service gets very little from Medicaid and many people don't pay at all. It was proven to the Endicott board before, when EFD tried to get rid of UVES, that they would not make the money the fire department was telling them they would. The EFD are just trying to save their jobs and that's all they are doing. They are not thinking of the Village at all.

@

Guest ASICIT

8 days a month ? Lets do the math. 8 X 24 = 192 hrs. divided by 4 (weeks) equals 48 hrs. a week. Wow they work just as much as you do so STFU. Sorry you chose the wrong profession. Next life do your homework. Back in the day if you got hired by IBM you were good as gold. Same goes for alot of other jobs / employers. Sorry things aren't working out for you but don't come down on those who still have decent jobs / benefits / retirements etc.... just because you no longer do. Emergency Services Fire / Police / EMS are noble professions where the employee puts the needs of the community before themselves. Just ask any wife, husband or child of a Emergency Services employee. Not only do these people get paid for what they do but they also get paid for what they might have to do. The next time which may also be the only time you call 911 you will be thankful. It's always a double edge sword profession. People always complain when they don't need you because they are paying for the service but when they do call they complain that it took you so long. Can't do anything right. Look at it like insurance, you never know when you are going to need it but thank goodness you have it when you do need it. Next time you want to B@%&h, Moan and Groan call your insurance agent. One more thing, the Emergency Services won't "drop" you if you file a claim.

Guest guest
8 days a month ? Lets do the math. 8 X 24 = 192 hrs. divided by 4 (weeks) equals 48 hrs. a week. Wow they work just as much as you do so STFU. Sorry you chose the wrong profession. Next life do your homework. Back in the day if you got hired by IBM you were good as gold. Same goes for alot of other jobs / employers. Sorry things aren't working out for you but don't come down on those who still have decent jobs / benefits / retirements etc.... just because you no longer do. Emergency Services Fire / Police / EMS are noble professions where the employee puts the needs of the community before themselves. Just ask any wife, husband or child of a Emergency Services employee. Not only do these people get paid for what they do but they also get paid for what they might have to do. The next time which may also be the only time you call 911 you will be thankful. It's always a double edge sword profession. People always complain when they don't need you because they are paying for the service but when they do call they complain that it took you so long. Can't do anything right. Look at it like insurance, you never know when you are going to need it but thank goodness you have it when you do need it. Next time you want to B@%&h, Moan and Groan call your insurance agent. One more thing, the Emergency Services won't "drop" you if you file a claim.

I have been reading all this stuff and I believe it is still not worth $50,000 since they mostly sit around. This is not an area where these guys would be working fires constantly (thank the Lord). The ambulance services work just as much if not more and they absolutely DON'T make that much money....not even close. That is the point I think they were trying to make. You say they are getting paid for what they "might" have to do, but they still get a lot more than other agencies get. Most of the Endicott Fire guys live where they have volunteer fire. If they feel the way they say they do, why do they have their families in a volunteer fire district?

My nephew is a paramedic for one of the agencies in Broome County. He has to study all the time, get retested often. People's lives are in his hands many times a day, every day...and it means life or death more often then not. There needs to be some equity here. Also, the fire wages comes out of the communitie's pockets. I know that the ambulance services do not get benefits for life like EFD does. Even if EFD had to pay a little after they retire, it is still a lot more than everyone else gets. I have to scrape to pay my benefits since my husband retired and I also have to scrape to pay the EFD benefits. That just doesn't seem right to me. My neighbor is a retired Endicott fireman. He gets full pay for his retirement and full benefits. The number of fires, and especially dangerous fires, he worked in all of his career is very few.

How many people do you know get retirement pay and benefits like the EFD does? Now I hear they are trying to take away from UVES again...wow...unbelieveable!

@

Archived