Lake Ave.

Guest Foster Brooks

Guest Foster Brooks

Expect to see a news story this summer about some kid getting hit by a car in the middle of the street.

I just drove down it, and, not one, but two young girls ran out in front of me. Not together.

The second watched as the first one got away with it. She then ran BEHIND A PARKED CAR, and out in front of me.

I didn't see a single parent on a single one of the many porches. I didn't hear one single voice of one parent yelling at the kids.

I feel bad for the kids who get no parenting, not even basic survival skills. At some point, even a 9 or 10 year old girl should be able to figure it out, shouldn't they?

Falstaff's is at full summer operating mode. They open around 9 or 10 in the morning. The place and the parking lot is full at noon. One of these days, some drunken fool is gonna hit one of these kids.

When it happens, I'll be here posting "I told you so", too.

Expect to see a news story this summer about some kid getting hit by a car in the middle of the street.

I just drove down it, and, not one, but two young girls ran out in front of me. Not together.

The second watched as the first one got away with it. She then ran BEHIND A PARKED CAR, and out in front of me.

I didn't see a single parent on a single one of the many porches. I didn't hear one single voice of one parent yelling at the kids.

I feel bad for the kids who get no parenting, not even basic survival skills. At some point, even a 9 or 10 year old girl should be able to figure it out, shouldn't they?

Falstaff's is at full summer operating mode. They open around 9 or 10 in the morning. The place and the parking lot is full at noon. One of these days, some drunken fool is gonna hit one of these kids.

When it happens, I'll be here posting "I told you so", too.

Next time stop and talk to the kids in a nice way . I think that would be more effective than warning BC VOICE --- " I Told You So "

Guest Guest
Next time stop and talk to the kids in a nice way . I think that would be more effective than warning BC VOICE --- " I Told You So "

The parents of these kids need to step up. If they can't raise them not to be wild and out of control, they shouldn't have them.

My parents didn't find it so hard to raise me not to run out in traffic.

The parents of these kids need to step up. If they can't raise them not to be wild and out of control, they shouldn't have them.

My parents didn't find it so hard to raise me not to run out in traffic.

You couldn't be more correct . Then the next time you go down Lake Ave and see those kids , take them to the parents and explain , you nearly run them over . Then , if one of the kids gets hit , you can tell the parents " I told you so ".

Archived