Books Program with tax dollars?

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

I think the books program is an excellent idea in principle only. After looking closer at this "goodwill" by the government we see a very different picture.

In BC we often hear of Senator Libous's BOOKS (http://www.booksprogram.com/) program for helping kids to read. What a great idea! Unfortunately many children who don't read, don't have a (deleted) computer, so what good is this tax funded program? Maybe giving computers to poor kids or all kids for use In School only could be a better idea.

And then we go to the titles of this marketing ploy. Every NYS senator has a similar program in their district. When I found this out, I wanted to puke. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to determine the major purpose is to create a brand in the senator via name recognition. By having all districts participate, tax dollars can be used. Those who don't go through life with blinders on (repugs) who live here are more than familiar with Mr. Libous's ability to excel in this area. We all have been inundated with free ads for Senator Libous "friends" graduating seniors who have made the honor role. What a joke and only a lowlife scum bag would take advantage of good kids who are doing what they are supposed to do, in order to tell the voters that Libous is a nice person. Give me a break!!!

So our tax dollars have been continually wasted since 2001. If it weren't for the flood, which we will all be reminded of this fall, Tomtom would be gone. I wonder if his next round of election propaganda will include photos of the folks who still haven't straightened out their lives since this disaster. I would also like to stress that there are many people who have benefited from Tomtom's intervention and not all of them are donors to his campaign, BUT isn't that what he is SUPPOSED to DO!!!!!!!!

This funny little man has tricked YOU the voters into thinking that he has done such a great job, it is alright for his morbidly obese wife to get hired to a 120k job, she had no educational background or training for.

Guest Guest

A 120k job is pathetic. It's practically a poverty wage. Most of us who post on BC Voice make incomes well into the 6 figures. So for us, any job that only pays 120k is really a lousy job.

Tom Libous has been at the helm as "out senator" for close to 20 years now and what was our city has decayed at an unacceptably fast rate each year he has held his office. Tom Libous could have made a difference but his personal gain and political longevity were more important to him. Now it's time for him to work in the private sector.

Guest Guest

Tom Libous has been at the helm as "out senator" for close to 20 years now and what was our city has decayed at an unacceptably fast rate each year he has held his office. Tom Libous could have made a difference but his personal gain and political longevity were more important to him. Now it's time for him to work in the private sector

I couldnt agree with you more!!! he came from rags to riches in less that 20 years and is set for life now! he even made sure his wife and sone got in on the deal.

Guest Guest

Hate to break the news to you, but a 120k a year job will never get you enough to qualify as "riches." It's a middle class income. Even when you add the 120k Libous makes, it still doesn't add up to riches. Just ask people around here who have jobs in sales. Each individual person in sales makes an income that is well into the 6 figures.

Guest Guest

Hate to break the news to you, but a 120k a year job will never get you enough to qualify as "riches." It's a middle class income. Even when you add the 120k Libous makes, it still doesn't add up to riches. Just ask people around here who have jobs in sales. Each individual person in sales makes an income that is well into the 6 figures

What are you smoking? i am in sales and ive never seen 6 figures, but i agree with the poster before you Libous wasnt wealthy until he became senator and could pull strings for those who were rich and with the power he got made sure his wife and son got their piece of the pie. Dont say its not true either!

Guest Guest
A 120k job is pathetic. It's practically a poverty wage. Most of us who post on BC Voice make incomes well into the 6 figures. So for us, any job that only pays 120k is really a lousy job.
Hey I love my job and it only pays a little more than 120k. Of course it's part time so maybe that's why it pays so little.

Guest sales manager
Hate to break the news to you, but a 120k a year job will never get you enough to qualify as "riches." It's a middle class income. Even when you add the 120k Libous makes, it still doesn't add up to riches. Just ask people around here who have jobs in sales. Each individual person in sales makes an income that is well into the 6 figures.

name the sales jobs that pay that much.

Guest Guest

I agree with the original poster, in that at every hockey game I go to I am being indoctrinated to want Libous. He has repeated commericals about all the good he does here, ex. Books, ADSIP, Raising a Reader. If my tax dollars are work to brainwash me, that's really sad. I haven't voted for this bozo in ages but everyone should be thankful "for all he has brought us". Ack!

Guest Guest
I agree with the original poster, in that at every hockey game I go to I am being indoctrinated to want Libous. He has repeated commercials about all the good he does here, ex. Books, ADSIP, Raising a Reader. If my tax dollars are work to brainwash me, that's really sad. I haven't voted for this bozo in ages but everyone should be thankful "for all he has brought us". Ack!

Thanks, too bad we can't get the rest of Boon county to see the light!!

Guest Guest

I love how all the poor people on BC Voice think that a job that pays 120k is a big deal. It's actually barely enough to qualify you to be in the lower middle class. It's not even remotely close to real money.

@

Guest luvs to read
Thanks, too bad we can't get the rest of Boon county to see the light!!

What is wrong with the Books program? Are you really opposed to supplying reading materials to underprivledged children? They might be a piece of our future, would you prefer to keep them illiterate? I don't understand.

Unless............. you are dragging your politcal views into a literacy program? Wouldn't it be better to separate those thoughts?

Guest enlightened

I have to agree with most of the previous posters.

The Books Program is another marketing ploy.. It's been over played and it's ineffective. The Senator's office had to marketing aroundto more than a handful of non-profits this past year since the library let it go. NO one wanted to touch it. I'm not sure where it landed in the end, Goodwill Theatre or back wit the 4 county library system. But it was shopped around.

Mr. Libous is a caustic politician held up by a good old boy network who can no longer sustain his reputation. His books porgam, ADSIP and other porgams are expensive and fancy marketing campaigns that are designe dto benefit his job security not the children or our community.

He has systematcically igonored other worthy porjects in the area, refusingto lend any support unless he gets name recognition. To that point other groups have avoided any contact forteh same reasons - to avoid any name placement.

Tom, it's time to let go. Our area is dying, and you've been digging the grave with your short sighted personal campaigns.

Our community deserves a better product for our (obvioulsy) good sales people in the area.

@

Archived