weight watchersdiet

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Signed up for weight watchers last week. My mom has been on it 18 months she lost 40 lbs and kept it off. As long as she stays within her goal weight she a life time member. I have 22 lbs to lose in 10 weeks- that doesnt sound too unrealistic. (although the first few days have been hell!)

My mom does all her calculating and tracking online.( She lives in Fla.) I found the website but cannot find where the tracking, the calculating and the point values are. Has anyone locally had any luck? Have you been successful with the diet? Anyone have any recipes to share? I think I will miss desserts the most. My mom has sent me a couple but that sugar free pudding SUCKS.

Guest Benni Booboo

You have to pay for online meetings in order to track online. The price is pretty steep. You can join in person weekly meetings now for $12. Then a weekly fee of $11.00. You will receive all of the material you need at the meetings. Dottie's Weight Loss Zone (www.dwlz.com ) is a great resource for recipes and it also has a section for restaurants. You can look that up and know point values before actually going to the restaurant. Dottie's website is free.

I had done weightwatchers a couple of years ago and had good success. Good luck and enjoy.

I lost 30 pounds over a six month period on Weight Watchers. As with any diet, 22 pounds in 10 weeks is rather aggressive, but doable. One thing I like about Weight Watchers in the long run is that it helps you to make life-long changes in your overall diet. Focusing on better choices, portion control and exercise. I would suggest shoot for 22 but if you only lose 10 don't get discouraged. I am sure you didn't put the weight on in 10 weeks and can't expect it to go off that quick either. Good luck and stick with it and just remember, it is not a short-term fix, but a life-style change.

@

Guest Guest
Not to rain on your parade, but any dietician or personal trainer will tell you that losing weight super fast like that is not healthy. One pound of fat every two weeks is a better guidline.

Exactly.

The studies that have been done show that people who tend to take if off fast are more likely to put it all back on and more eventually.

Take it off slowly and you'll have a better chance of keeping it off.

I noticed that no one has given you any recipes ... Here's one ... Enjoy!!

If you have a sweet tooth like me this is guaranteed to satisfy you.

Ingredients:

1 c sugar free Cool Whip

1 20 oz can pineapple in its own juice

1 pkg. sugar free vanilla pudding

1 sponge cake

Strawberries

Mix the pudding with the undrained pineapple.

Fold in the Cool Whip

Slice the cake into 3 layers

Put 1 1/3 cup of mix on the first layer

Put 1 cup of mix on the next layer

Top with the rest of the mix

Slice strawberries in half and put around the top

Let it sit in refrigerator for a half hour before serving.

1/4 cake = 8 points

1/8 cake = 4 points

1/16 cake = 2 points

My opinion ... Well worth the points!

Guest Guest

Actually this is one of the ones my mom sent only she didn't mention the angel food cake or strawberries. I do like this and have served it even when we weren't dieting. My husband didn't even know it was sugar free pudding.

I did do some research though and found a website with hundreds of recipes and point value for each one If anyone else is interested it is www.angelfire.com/journalwrecipes/helen.htm This is exactly what I was looking for

@

Guest Guest

You should try the Breyers Fat Free Double Churn Ice Cream. The French Chocolate is pretty good, you can hardly tell it's fat free. My kids ate it once out of desperation (because they ran out of their regular ice cream) and they thought it was good too. :D

@

Guest Guest
Signed up for weight watchers last week. My mom has been on it 18 months she lost 40 lbs and kept it off. As long as she stays within her goal weight she a life time member. I have 22 lbs to lose in 10 weeks- that doesnt sound too unrealistic. (although the first few days have been hell!)

My mom does all her calculating and tracking online.( She lives in Fla.) I found the website but cannot find where the tracking, the calculating and the point values are. Has anyone locally had any luck? Have you been successful with the diet? Anyone have any recipes to share? I think I will miss desserts the most. My mom has sent me a couple but that sugar free pudding SUCKS.

Guest Guest

Well I took the getting started book to the grocery store last night OMG I cant believe how expensive it is to eat healthy Now I know why our society is so overweight.

It was depressing to walk by the ice cream and desserts and not put it into my cart. Who wouldn't rather have a nice banana split than sorbet. (but I didn't) I think the fact that I invested money on this is motivation to at least give it a chance

One other thing. I spent alot of time being overweight in my life and I know as well as anyone how hard it is to lose the weight permanently. To all of you who have decided to make the effort, congrats! It is its own reward and I for one will lend my full support to anyone who decides to give it a try. As far as recipes, I don't really have much to offer except to say that experimentation can be a good thing.

Guest Guest

I noticed that a long time ago. The fat free or reduced calorie stuff always seems to cost more. I think it's because they know you are determined to make a change and a few extra bucks isn't going to deter you. Kinda sucks though.

seems it should be cheaper since they are taking stuff out or omitting it when they are making it. It is the same with buying recycled stuff They want you to do the right thing but they make it so you cant afford to

@

Guest guest
Well I took the getting started book to the grocery store last night OMG I cant believe how expensive it is to eat healthy Now I know why our society is so overweight.

It was depressing to walk by the ice cream and desserts and not put it into my cart. Who wouldn't rather have a nice banana split than sorbet. (but I didn't) I think the fact that I invested money on this is motivation to at least give it a chance

I also do weight watcher and I usually buy their ice cream sandwiches or the skinny cow ones. They are both really good. If you can find the ww vanilla fudge swirl cups they are really good. They are good by themselves but we also made them into root beer floats with diet root beer.

Guest Guest

Here is a good and easy recipe

You use a white cake mix and add one and a half cups of diet sprite and bake is as usual. Then for the topping use fat free cool whip and mix in some sugar free jello of your choice for flavoring. It is really good and moist. I think a piece was only one point

You can do the same for chocolate cake but use diet coke or pepsi instead.

Guest Guest

OK so I had my first weigh in today. I did way better than I thought I surprised myself. I know some people struggle to lose a piund Do you think the more you have to lose the easier it is to take off the first few pounds? .I hear a lot of people say they have reached a plateau and cant lose anymore.

I remember what you guys said about not losing too much too fast that wasnt my intention I stayed exactly within my points. Maybe I need more points?

I think because it was my first week I really wanted to make it work I charted everything. I really want to thank everyone for being so supportive It is encouraging More recipes and success stories would really help Oh, I found out you can go on line for an additional $14. This is good for now

Guest guest

Chocolate with some chocolate and then some chocolate on the side and a nice big glass of chocolate milk.....yum yum goes down nice and smooth and I still look like good. Damn its good to be me!

Archived