The PSB and BCC's Spraggs

Ed Arzouian

Why has the Press & Sun-Bulletin been pursuing this non-story for months while ignoring real news?

Is this more of the work of Editor Calvin Stovall?

Isn't it about time he got on to a Short-line bus to the next dead-end Gannet "news"paper?

How many so far, Cal?

Why doesn't the Press & Sun-Bulletin pursue every high level executive in Broome County looking for a job elsewhere?

What a crock......

There is all kinds of news the PSB ignores but it stalks Dr. Spraggs across the country on job interviews???

Academics across the world seek to climb the collegiate ladder. So what? If Spraggs goes elsewhere BCC will find a new President. It is unlikely anybody would even notice the difference.

Why is the PSB seeking to make a controversial story about this?

Cover real news, you parasites. How much is the City of Binghamton losing every day on The Regency Hotel? Why is the City of Binghamton pocketing $700,000 from the County for delinquent water payments and not the Water Fund? Why do we need to waste $4,000,000 of taxpayer money on a useless Court Street Roundabout? Why do water rates have to rise 81% when 40% would cover increased expenses and replenish the surplus in two years?

Leave the man alone.

Guest Affirmative Action Jackson

Give Calvin a break. Black History month is over so he has to write about SOMETHING. I'd bet $$$ that Cal wouldn't be obsessing over this whole thing if Spraggs was black.

Guest tgl/nh
Give Calvin a break. Black History month is over so he has to write about SOMETHING. I'd bet $$$ that Cal wouldn't be obsessing over this whole thing if Spraggs was black.

Stovall is doing it to lobby for a colored to take over the presidency and really drive BCC into the ground for good.

Guest Guesto1

I agree....Enough already.... is the Press & Sun Bulletin trying to lynch this man?

Big Deal.... so he is looking for a job. Half the people at the paper are probably looking for new jobs because they pay so CRAPPY!!!

Leave the man alone.... Okay...everyone in Broome County knows the man is looking for a job already. Is it a crime? Is it newspaper worthy. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Move on!!!!

@

Guest Guest
Write Calvin Stovall and ask him why it is news?

Write the Press & Sun-Bulletin advertisers and ask them if they approve of Stovall's stalking of Spraggs....

I agree with Ed on this one. Who cares? If I were Spraggs I would leave too. The county wants to save a building that is falling apart (and spend another $50,000 "looking" at it--anyone can tell you Alms House is beyond repair), Fiala has not supported improvements to the college such as the Communication Building. What does he have to work with?

How frustrating.

What the paper should look into regarding BCC is the lame idea to have dormatories on campus. Take a look at who "bids" on that contract, then look and see who is the BCC board.

A community college does not need a dorm, but it does need good quality programs. They don't put any money into the communications department.

Guest Guest
Don't buy the paper

If you don't like what's in it :blink:

I almost never do.

I read it on-line.

When surveyed by them I am a 107-year old woman from Mexico.

I suggest you all become 107 years old women from Mexico.

Guest Guest
I almost never do.

I read it on-line.

When surveyed by them I am a 107-year old woman from Mexico.

I suggest you all become 107 years old women from Mexico.

I suggest you get help :unsure: Do you always play with yourself :blink:

Guest Guest
Why has the Press & Sun-Bulletin been pursuing this non-story for months while ignoring real news?

Is this more of the work of Editor Calvin Stovall?

Isn't it about time he got on to a Short-line bus to the next dead-end Gannet "news"paper?

How many so far, Cal?

Why doesn't the Press & Sun-Bulletin pursue every high level executive in Broome County looking for a job elsewhere?

What a crock......

There is all kinds of news the PSB ignores but it stalks Dr. Spraggs across the country on job interviews???

Academics across the world seek to climb the collegiate ladder. So what? If Spraggs goes elsewhere BCC will find a new President. It is unlikely anybody would even notice the difference.

Why is the PSB seeking to make a controversial story about this?

Cover real news, you parasites. How much is the City of Binghamton losing every day on The Regency Hotel? Why is the City of Binghamton pocketing $700,000 from the County for delinquent water payments and not the Water Fund? Why do we need to waste $4,000,000 of taxpayer money on a useless Court Street Roundabout? Why do water rates have to rise 81% when 40% would cover increased expenses and replenish the surplus in two years?

Leave the man alone.

It is a grand conspiracy of mass proportions ed. investigations whould be done - justice should be pursued - jobs should be lost - people should be jailed. will you spearhead the investigation?

Guest Guest
Write Calvin Stovall and ask him why it is news?

Write the Press & Sun-Bulletin advertisers and ask them if they approve of Stovall's stalking of Spraggs....

You are one weird dude!

Guest Guest

When Dr. Spraggs was hired the job title was college president not politician. He went head long into trying to improve the school and did not inquire into whose toes were mashed in the process. Bad move. Now we have a soap opera. The press articles are politically driven. Note the sources quoted and give it a bit of thought. In fact apply this to all "news" stories that you read where your dog does his business. You are given selected information to steer your opinion in one direction or another.

Whenever one reads or hears anything take the time to ask yourself what is fact, what is opinion and just as importantly,what am I not being told. <_<

Guest Guest
Don't buy the paper

If you don't like what's in it :blink:

Nope, guess again! The "news" media is a complete joke. Journalists USED to exist as watchdogs for the people, now they are nothing but corporate and political shills.

If you can label a paper or news outlet as liberal or conservative, they are not objective, which means they are not journalists.

It is not as simple as "don't buy the paper"; how about 'reporters' don't go into the news business if they have no idea what the news values are and are not willing to committ to serving the people.

Guest Guest
Nope, guess again! The "news" media is a complete joke. Journalists USED to exist as watchdogs for the people, now they are nothing but corporate and political shills.

If you can label a paper or news outlet as liberal or conservative, they are not objective, which means they are not journalists.

It is not as simple as "don't buy the paper"; how about 'reporters' don't go into the news business if they have no idea what the news values are and are not willing to committ to serving the people.

http://angryjournalist.com/

Guest Guest

Why don't we report what job searches every news media person in Binghamton under 35 years old is doing????

Let's review the Editor Calvin Stovall bouncing ball of employment from one small Gannett concern to a smaller one. The PSB Publisher and Board of Directors are probably shopping around for a small weekly to send Mr. Stovall to at this point. I'll pay the Shortline bus fare as gesture of support and civic responsibility.

How many Adjunct Lecturers at BU and BCC do you think are currently shopping around for a new job?

If I were Matt Ryan (God forbid), I'd be shopping around for a new job as well in some far away place because you know there is not a business person in Broome County who would hire that fool now.

Guest Guest

Here's the culprit:

87047268e042552f6e8f8f909cda60a9ab3b4ceac36788d4f4c859bdc85f6f08ef4a65d6.jpg

Calvin Stovall

Archived