Stimulus Package

grammy838

Guest Guest
Geese its about time! now ill be able to buy some groceries

Sucks to be in such a bad state. Groceries, NYSEG or gas for the car...which to choose. Well, for once, I'll be able to choose all 3. Then I'll be broke again. Hooray. Working our butts off and for what? To sink deeper in debt.

Guest Guest
I don't know- i work, my husband works, we both pay taxes, neither of us have ever been on welfare, and the gov. is going to hand out money, then I guess I do deserve to get some of it too.

does anyone who filed tax returns get it? or only property tax payers?

Guest Guest
Everyone who filed who earned over $3,000.00.

which is bull...so the losers who worked for 3 weeks then received unemployment forever, which ios the only reaosn they made over $3000 will receive it...that is such bull...

Guest Oh Goody

Get a grip people. It is only $600 per person. How long do you think $600 is going to last? If you think it is a lot of money you have some serious issues.

Guest Guest
Just curious. How do you know if the stimulus check will be direct deposited or sent to your home?

This question has been answered 100 times but here goes:

If your income tax was direct deposited, then your stimulus check will be direct deposited. All others will be mailed.

Also, those who used tax places to get "rapid refunds" will get paper checks in the mail.

Guest Guest
which is bull...so the losers who worked for 3 weeks then received unemployment forever, which ios the only reaosn they made over $3000 will receive it...that is such bull...

You've obviously never collected unemployment, which probably means you've never been gainfully employed.

This question has been answered 100 times but here goes:

If your income tax was direct deposited, then your stimulus check will be direct deposited. All others will be mailed.

Also, those who used tax places to get "rapid refunds" will get paper checks in the mail.

Also, if you had your tax return deposited into more than 1 account, it will be mailed to your house instead of direct deposit.

Guest Guest

Like who cares anyway if you get it deposited or mailed.

This money is nothing more then an advance on your 2008 return, just like back in 2001 but is worded a little different. If your smart, you'll take what ever you get and tuck it away someplace. Deal with NYSEG and gas prices like you would have to if the money was not coming.

This is just a push to jump start HIGHER profits for Big Oil and GWB by the timing. Think about it, look back at what has happened and when this "rebate" was announced and what was going on.

Guest Guest

Because I'm a little bit slow on the uptake when it comes to this stuff... If I went to H&R Block (and will not go there ever again), and they issued me one of their MasterCard debit cards, and I got my tax refund back on the H&R Block debit card, then do I get a paper check, or will it show up on the card? It took 2-3 weeks for my refund to come in, so it was hardly a "rapid refund," but still... I ask because the last two digits of my SSN are quite low, AND I filed very early, so I should, according to the article somebody posted above, be getting mine quite soon, it seems.

I'm doing okay, but I sure don't want to MISS it! That's the equivalent of a 2-week paycheck for me!

Guest Guest
Because I'm a little bit slow on the uptake when it comes to this stuff... If I went to H&R Block (and will not go there ever again), and they issued me one of their MasterCard debit cards, and I got my tax refund back on the H&R Block debit card, then do I get a paper check, or will it show up on the card? It took 2-3 weeks for my refund to come in, so it was hardly a "rapid refund," but still... I ask because the last two digits of my SSN are quite low, AND I filed very early, so I should, according to the article somebody posted above, be getting mine quite soon, it seems.

I'm doing okay, but I sure don't want to MISS it! That's the equivalent of a 2-week paycheck for me!

It will come in the mail. Not on the card. The money goes to the "taxpayer" and not the tax preparer.

Also, equal 2 weeks pay for me. My ss digits are way up there and although I could use the cash now, I'll be getting mine in July. Sucky for me. By July, I'll be so broke that welfare will look good. Gas is killing me, I have to travel to and from work and let me tell you, I don't know how much longer I'll be able to afford the drive.

Guest Guest
This is just a push to jump start HIGHER profits for Big Oil and GWB by the timing. Think about it, look back at what has happened and when this "rebate" was announced and what was going on.

Why do people think we're taking crazy pills when we say this?

The president even changed his tune, in his latest speech, he said Americans can use this for their gas bills.

Guess he'll end up being successful in the oil business after all.

Like who cares anyway if you get it deposited or mailed.

This money is nothing more then an advance on your 2008 return, just like back in 2001 but is worded a little different. If your smart, you'll take what ever you get and tuck it away someplace. Deal with NYSEG and gas prices like you would have to if the money was not coming.

So what do you suggest? NOT buy gas? NOT go to work? DO go on welfare so we won't have to buy gas to go to work. It really doesn't matter what we do with the check- we still (most of us) have to buy gas to get to and from work, to and from appointments, to and from the store.

Do what ever it is YOU want to do with the money, but until YOU pay MY bills and feed MY kids, I will continue to buy gas to go to work, store and appoinments and I will spend MY check the way I want too because last time I checked- your name is not on my tax return.

Guest Guest
So what do you suggest? NOT buy gas? NOT go to work? DO go on welfare so we won't have to buy gas to go to work. It really doesn't matter what we do with the check- we still (most of us) have to buy gas to get to and from work, to and from appointments, to and from the store.

Do what ever it is YOU want to do with the money, but until YOU pay MY bills and feed MY kids, I will continue to buy gas to go to work, store and appoinments and I will spend MY check the way I want too because last time I checked- your name is not on my tax return.

Your right, my name is not on YOUR check. All I was trying to do is give you a little "HEADS-UP" that this little extra cash is not going to help you in the long term. Short Term, yea it might for a week or so.

I am no better then you and can understand what your saying. However, in dealing with what is really going with the ENTIRE reason behind this so called REBATE, next year at this time when prices for NYSEG and Gas for your vehicle(s) is 1/4 to 1/3 higher, what are you going to do then? Plus, (for example usage only), lets say your a household with 2 adults and 2 children. Your total rebate is going to be $ 1800.00. And lets say, for sake of the BS, you get about $ 3000.00 back yearly on your tax return, and that's counting all the standard deductions. So next year, your not going to get that $ 3000.00, your only going to get $ 1200.00 because if you READ the ""FINE"" print on this whole BS, you'll see that it's nothing more then an advance towards your 2008 tax return!

I can not stress enough that this will not effect your return, so the government states. What they don't state is that the "taxable" inclome charts are being changed as your waiting for your return so you'll get less to begin with.

Now for those who doubt what I am saying, go pull your 2000 tax returns. Then pull your 2001 and 2002 returns. Look on your returns "tax" (this year it's line 44 on the form 1040). Compare!

What you will see is that in 2000 the tax was lower then 2001 and in 2002 it was lower again then in 2001.

What they did was raise the rates to OFFSET the tax for that year.

I'd love to take and go on a shopping spree, but not going to. $ 1200.00 ( what we're getting back just the two of us - husband and wife) is not a rainbow on the other side of the mountain (and we spend more then that in 2 weeks just to make ends meat and can not understand how others making less then we do can even make the tip of the iceberg) like the GOVERNMENT whats you to believe.

Act like this money does not exist, put it away and earn a little interest on it. Or like one person stated, stuff your mattress with one dollar bills. But above all, DO NOT GO BLOW IT on stupid stuff, NOT EVEN GAS. That is exactly what the goverment whats you to do!

This is a total GWB and the OIL COMPANIES thing to make their PROFITS go up. They feed you crap and you take it as god's word. It's not! They pretend to lead you to water but in the end it's sand !

@

Guest taxpayer
If this is true, I may just be joining you in that little protest. Anyone know the law on this penny deal?

@

Did you read about that guy who paid his bill on toilet paper? Got himself in the national news. I had friends all over the country sending me the story. He was from Binghamton.

What can people do, as a group, to express our dissatisfaction about oil prices, food prices, everything? If thousands of people spend the check in one place it will make a statement. I want the money, but what's the best way to use it?

Guest Guest
Did you read about that guy who paid his bill on toilet paper? Got himself in the national news. I had friends all over the country sending me the story. He was from Binghamton.

What can people do, as a group, to express our dissatisfaction about oil prices, food prices, everything? If thousands of people spend the check in one place it will make a statement. I want the money, but what's the best way to use it?

The best way to use it depends on an individual's circumstances. If you are in debt, use the money to pay off you debts. If you are not in debt, save it.

Economics 101 - "What is good for one person, is not good for all people".

Guest Guest
The best way to use it depends on an individual's circumstances. If you are in debt, use the money to pay off you debts. If you are not in debt, save it.

Economics 101 - "What is good for one person, is not good for all people".

wow, you're smart. have you ever thought about being a teacher?

Guest Guest

the best way is to put it in the bank and sit on it. Don't spend a dime.

"QuickFix" Bush is hoping to spark the economy out of the recession we are now in. I think he's a fool. Well, for that and dozens of other reasons. This is just the latest in his long series of foolish ideas and bungled policies.

If no one spends any of it, it's like the "give us our own money back" program never took place.

Guest Guest
You've obviously never collected unemployment, which probably means you've never been gainfully employed.

i have been on unemployment but only until i found another job...i am not one of those losers that sit on it until it runs out ans then decide to go on welfare...

Archived