$ 4.00 a Gal Gas

Thinkingguest

Home from church today, filled my tank for the cost $81.50. So things for us will have to change. Because I believe more increases are to come.

We will park one vehicle and share ride to work and consolidate trips. We will no longer shop at Wegmans and go back to Aldis for everything. Eating out will stop. Pizza night will now be Aldis pizza cooked at home. My daughter will have to choose between dance or music lessons. I hope someone in our government understands what higher gas price do to the average American. Just trying to stay ahead of this and cut the budget before the CHAOS to come.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest

Home from church today, filled my tank for the cost $81.50. So things for us will have to change. Because I believe more increases are to come.

We will park one vehicle and share ride to work and consolidate trips. We will no longer shop at Wegmans and go back to Aldis for everything. Eating out will stop. Pizza night will now be Aldis pizza cooked at home. My daughter will have to choose between dance or music lessons. I hope someone in our government understands what higher gas price do to the average American. Just trying to stay ahead of this and cut the budget before the CHAOS to come.

Don't worry - the chem trails and Illuminati will protect you from the CHAOS.

I was just thinking about this a few days ago when I saw gas at $3.93 per gallon. I will be cutting back on my Time Warner services, start paying attention to sales and coordinating that with coupons, buy less brand name products and more store brand, go back to using Aldi's for the basics and Pine Ridge Grocery for deli and bulk, make less frivolous trips to the store and plan my outings and purchas

Guest Guest

I just paid 3.9399. :angry: I've been cutting coupons, and sale shopping for years. I assume I'll just spend less somewhere, but not sure yet where exactly that will be.

Guest Thomas Paine

Continued near double digit unemployment; $4 (and rising) per gallon gas along with rising inflation for every product that's transported or made with petroleum; a third war; a failed stimulus undertaking; a health care debacle that cost him & his party the national elections; absolute zero leadership qualities as Japan & the mid-east catastrophies exploded on to the scene; and look for this sad excuse for a President to get re-elected.

The kind of stuff that should've and did cost Jimmy Carter the Presidency. But that was 40 years ago and Carter didn't have the race factor in his favor. Deny it if you need to. But then you'd have to also deny that the Reverend Wright debacle would've cost anyone else their candicacy.

Guest Guest

I was just thinking about this a few days ago when I saw gas at $3.93 per gallon. I will be cutting back on my Time Warner services, start paying attention to sales and coordinating that with coupons, buy less brand name products and more store brand, go back to using Aldi's for the basics and Pine Ridge Grocery for deli and bulk, make less frivolous trips to the store and plan my outings and purchas

Gasoline is niot your problem. Get a better apying job. If one commodity puts you in such a tailspin, i feel sorry for you.

Guest Guest

Based on your 1st sentence you can change 2 things: first, instead of going to church why don't you worship at home with your family?, and, second, what are you driving that cost $81.50 to fill up? You should consider trading it in for something a little more economical. I pay about half of that to fill my tank.

Gasoline is niot your problem. Get a better apying job. If one commodity puts you in such a tailspin, i feel sorry for you.

Ok third grader ( the way you write} I am retired and have a very good job and my wife works. I never wait for trouble, I am always proactive.

Guest Guest

one commodity put every service and goods in a tailspin! does your pay increase 10-20%?

Everything and everyones going to suffer losses because of skyrocketing gas prices! you must me pretty dumb.

Guest Tomato Termoil

Might I suggest that you free yourself from the necessity of succumbing to ever increasing gasoline prices permanently as I have. I have had my engine's fuel system professionally converted to run on economical and exquisitely delicious Weis Ketchup!

Your ignorance is showing. When gas prices increase, everything else increases. Thanks for caring, but I am not in a tailspin, I believe in being proactive, rather than reactive. Better to make positive changes now, than be in financial crisis later.

I enjoy my job, I would rather stay at a job I like, than to be at a job I hate just because it pays more money.

Guest Guest

Your ignorance is showing. When gas prices increase, everything else increases. Thanks for caring, but I am not in a tailspin, I believe in being proactive, rather than reactive. Better to make positive changes now, than be in financial crisis later.

I enjoy my job, I would rather stay at a job I like, than to be at a job I hate just because it pays more money.

As i said, if a commodity price puts you in a financial crisis, get a new job that pays better, or quit whinning.

Guest Guest

As i said, if a commodity price puts you in a financial crisis, get a new job that pays better, or quit whinning.

Another village idiot has spoken. There are no jobs, wake up idiot.

Guest Guest

I'm in the food business. Wait until you see the price increases at the grocery store in the next few months. We already have been notified. They will be shocking.

Guest The Laughing Liberal

Oh, boo-freakin'-hoo-hoo. You'll have to scrape by with frozen pizza and your daughter will only be able to take ONE kind of fun lessons instead of two. Oh, the humanity! The horror and shame of it all! Poor you! Now, where DID I leave my violin...?

I don't just suppose it occurred to you, as you sat there feeling sorry for yourself, that there are a very great many people for whom just getting anything to eat at all is a luxury? People that are living on the streets because some heartless,soul-less greedy corporate monsters stole their jobs, their homes, and and everything in the world they owned? There are people right here in this county who, through no fault of their own, are starving, and you want us to feel sorry for you that you had to spend 81 whole dollars filling up some gas hog and you'll have to endure frozen pizza?

Non-Thinkingguest, people with YOUR attitude are a large part of the reason our society is in the mess it's in. I suggest you stop and re-examine your priorities.

I-Have-More-Important-Things-To-Be-Concerned-With-ingly,

The Laughing Liberal

Guest Guest

If you are all so concerned about rising oil prices, why don't you just hedge your bets and buy oil futures? No use complaining about when there are actions you can take to mitigate the problem...

Guest Guest

Oh, boo-freakin'-hoo-hoo. You'll have to scrape by with frozen pizza and your daughter will only be able to take ONE kind of fun lessons instead of two. Oh, the humanity! The horror and shame of it all! Poor you! Now, where DID I leave my violin...?

I don't just suppose it occurred to you, as you sat there feeling sorry for yourself, that there are a very great many people for whom just getting anything to eat at all is a luxury? People that are living on the streets because some heartless,soul-less greedy corporate monsters stole their jobs, their homes, and and everything in the world they owned? There are people right here in this county who, through no fault of their own, are starving, and you want us to feel sorry for you that you had to spend 81 whole dollars filling up some gas hog and you'll have to endure frozen pizza?

Non-Thinkingguest, people with YOUR attitude are a large part of the reason our society is in the mess it's in. I suggest you stop and re-examine your priorities.

The Laughing Liberal

Or - you could step in front of Thinkingguest's vehicle.

Guest Guest

Based on your 1st sentence you can change 2 things: first, instead of going to church why don't you worship at home with your family?, and, second, what are you driving that cost $81.50 to fill up? You should consider trading it in for something a little more economical. I pay about half of that to fill my tank.

That is a little more then 20 gals what do you drive a skate board. LOL

The Laughing Liberal

How did I not know this was coming! right. I am not wining or feeling sorry for my self. I am proactive. and stating a course of action. You on the other hand are concerned with your own voice. You add nothing but the same words that you always post and no answers. You are The Laughing Liberal idiot.

Guest Guest

I'm parking one of our cars. Monday I start taking the bus to work. The monthly bus pass is cheaper than filling my car with gas. If it works out, we'll get rid of the extra car this summer.

Archived