$ 4.00 a Gal Gas

Thinkingguest

Guest Guest

I'm the shallow idiot and you post an article from 2003? Crashing economy? In which world are you talking about? I would love to know what website you let dictate you life while you call others ignorant. It would be amusing. Please share.

Go back to sleep Rip Van Winkle.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest

Thank you for you for your fact-filled intelligent post that proves the obvious.

"The elderly and poor die all the time because of the swing in wealth in this country or for other reasons. Not because of the price of oil."

Your conclusion, you were proven wrong. Elderly people have and will continue to die because they can't afford to keep their dwellings to a safe level of warmth. But you know better as you backed up your conclusion with facts...not.

Guest Guest

"The elderly and poor die all the time because of the swing in wealth in this country or for other reasons. Not because of the price of oil."

Your conclusion, you were proven wrong. Elderly people have and will continue to die because they can't afford to keep their dwellings to a safe level of warmth. But you know better as you backed up your conclusion with facts...not.

Yeah - not because they have to choose between eating and their medications and stuff. Or cancer. Or falls. Resulting in sub-par medical treatment they can't afford. Or even old age.

It's your theory that they can't afford to heat their homes you backed up your conclusion with facts...not.

Brilliant. Brilliant I say. You are alone in your awesomeness.

Guest Guest

Not when you post an article from 2003 when oil was less than $40 a barrel.

The elderly and poor die all the time because of the swing in wealth in this country or for other reasons. Not because of the price of oil.

If the wanted to stay warm they could stay in a shelter.

Stop being so fricking paranoid. There are enough stupid people in this world, you don't need to influence them any further

WTF kind of animal are you?

One question, and I'd like an attempt at a coherent answer.

Guest Guest

Yeah - not because they have to choose between eating and their medications and stuff. Or cancer. Or falls. Resulting in sub-par medical treatment they can't afford. Or even old age.

It's your theory that they can't afford to heat their homes you backed up your conclusion with facts...not.

Brilliant. Brilliant I say. You are alone in your awesomeness.

Are you really this thick! All I stated was that the elderly may have a hard time heating their homes and in some cases they may freeze (or possibly die). Honestly what the hell can't you get past? I'll bet you drove your teachers crazy!

Again, ignorance on a rampage. Try living on a fixed income for the past few years as EVERYTHING under the sun has risen substantially and see how you make out with what's to come. These people are squeezed to the max and are going to have a VERY DIFFICULT time so I fear many will freeze and some will die. Please, oh please pull that big fat thick head out of your butt!

you are correct its very hard.but the problem is FIXED INCOME no one can expect to live on a fixed income for years to come,and think you'll be just fine.you have to have additional income from someplace. No one can assume that costs won't go up because they have fixed income.If you can't live on fixed now,what are you going to do say 4-5 years from now when all goods and services will be much much higher than they even are now?

Guest Guest

you are correct its very hard.but the problem is FIXED INCOME no one can expect to live on a fixed income for years to come,and think you'll be just fine.you have to have additional income from someplace. No one can assume that costs won't go up because they have fixed income.If you can't live on fixed now,what are you going to do say 4-5 years from now when all goods and services will be much much higher than they even are now?

Obama and his hoard of liberals will take care of us.

I do not hear the real concern for the old. For they are old and they had their time on earth. The poor have never cared or worked hard enough. So that is why they are at their station in society. So their voice is one not heard and dismissed with song and laughter. The merchants and trade laborers will be happy to know that they are better off then the old and poor even if they are hungry and cold. So why give one moment of our time to this?

Because Empires, Societies, Kingdoms and Governments fall when the people look around and say "I have nothing more to give and my children are cold and hungry." This has never been about things. It about humanity and the ability to live with some quality life. 4321 start. But remember the cake will run out one day.

Okay after reading this for a few pages, here are my thoughts and opinions on some things. The topic started off tlaking about gas prices and the OP was insulted by other posters because it took him 80 bucks to fill up his "status symbol" I guess I am guilty of a "status symbol vehicle too. My 2003 Chrysler van takes about 80 dollars to fill up. If you think an 03 mini van is a status symbol, then I feel bad for you. I also like the inconsiderate jerk who suggested that the people should trade in their vehicles for more fuel efficent ones. So if I have 2 vehicles that are paid off, why should I trade one in? So instead of $160 a month in gas I should pay about $200-300 a month in car payments so I can only spend $100 in gas a month? Yea that makes total sense. The same argument should be made for the house. So a family of four that live in a modest 3 bedroom house should sell their house in this horrendous housing market to down size? Sometimes you people just don;t think. Another comment I wanted to make was to the poster who asked if Obama was a Republican would this all be forgotten? Do you not remember 2008 when Gas prcies were just as high? I remember reading comments and seeing members of the left saying that the rise in gas prices was due to the "oil man in the white house". If Obama was a republican, the left would be hammering him the same way they hammered Bush. The last thing that I want to bring up is the argument about the elderly. The point is that with fuel prices going up, the cost of many goods will also increase. When the cost of everyday commodities goes up, but the income stays the same or goes down due to a lost job, or cut back in hours, how can people not be affected? It is not just one commodoity. It has a snowball effect.

Okay after reading this for a few pages, here are my thoughts and opinions on some things. The topic started off tlaking about gas prices and the OP was insulted by other posters because it took him 80 bucks to fill up his "status symbol" I guess I am guilty of a "status symbol vehicle too. My 2003 Chrysler van takes about 80 dollars to fill up. If you think an 03 mini van is a status symbol, then I feel bad for you. I also like the inconsiderate jerk who suggested that the people should trade in their vehicles for more fuel efficent ones. So if I have 2 vehicles that are paid off, why should I trade one in? So instead of $160 a month in gas I should pay about $200-300 a month in car payments so I can only spend $100 in gas a month? Yea that makes total sense. The same argument should be made for the house. So a family of four that live in a modest 3 bedroom house should sell their house in this horrendous housing market to down size? Sometimes you people just don;t think. Another comment I wanted to make was to the poster who asked if Obama was a Republican would this all be forgotten? Do you not remember 2008 when Gas prcies were just as high? I remember reading comments and seeing members of the left saying that the rise in gas prices was due to the "oil man in the white house". If Obama was a republican, the left would be hammering him the same way they hammered Bush. The last thing that I want to bring up is the argument about the elderly. The point is that with fuel prices going up, the cost of many goods will also increase. When the cost of everyday commodities goes up, but the income stays the same or goes down due to a lost job, or cut back in hours, how can people not be affected? It is not just one commodoity. It has a snowball effect.

Thank you! other then your understand of this I see only finger pointing. We were a country of workers and problem solvers. Now what are we and how will we fix this?

Guest Guest

Do you really think a seventy year old woman has any choice? They live on what they get, nothing more except what handouts they come across. Maybe they should be forced to go to work until they drop, sounds like it make some of you folks very happy. They do take a beating, sounds like a lot of people here don't have a clue. call the Office for the Aging and see what they say about our elderly and how hard it's going to be.

Guest Guest

Thank you! other then your understand of this I see only finger pointing. We were a country of workers and problem solvers. Now what are we and how will we fix this?

Problem solvers!

We can't even decide what to watch on TV with 300 channels. We have devolved into a nation of followers of the latest fad. Soon we will not be capable of deciding whether to inhale or exhale. That will end all of our problems.

Guest Guest

Problem solvers!

We can't even decide what to watch on TV with 300 channels. We have devolved into a nation of followers of the latest fad. Soon we will not be capable of deciding whether to inhale or exhale. That will end all of our problems.

Speak for yourself, Pinhead.

Guest Guest

Obama would love even higher gas prices. It would be his dream for all of us to trade in our cars for the Chevy Volt, a $41,000 underpowered snail, to support GM and the workers over there. Stick it.

Guest Guest

Obama would love even higher gas prices. It would be his dream for all of us to trade in our cars for the Chevy Volt, a $41,000 underpowered snail, to support GM and the workers over there. Stick it.

You can channel people? Or do you have obamaphobia.

Guest Guest

Gas prices were high in 2008, one reason the Republicans lost votes, another because minorities voted for Obama because he was 50% white, the man had less than a million dollars before he started to run for office, if a man 100% white did that he would not have had a chance, and of course the youth voted for him (led by Chris Hughes a gay American who helped design Facebook who also helped launched Obama's campaign on a social media outlet which now takes credit for Obama's victory) thinking they would go to college for free. The Catholic Church voted for him, the Jews even voted for him, this surprised me for about 3 seconds. Still waiting for our first 100% black president!

Do you really think a seventy year old woman has any choice? They live on what they get, nothing more except what handouts they come across. Maybe they should be forced to go to work until they drop, sounds like it make some of you folks very happy. They do take a beating, sounds like a lot of people here don't have a clue. call the Office for the Aging and see what they say about our elderly and how hard it's going to be.

I agree with you 100 percent.My point was no middle or lowest class working person or family can retire or live on a fixed income.You can for a couple or few years then its impossible to live on the same amount of money. my uncle worked for IBM for 30 years and retired in 1985.the first 7-8 he lived off what he got from them and his SS he played golf twice aweek bought a cadillac traveled some.He made all his ends meet for the whole month,no problems.Fifteen years later his pension based on his 1985 wages wouldn't even cover a weeks expenses for him.And hes back to work part time. So you must have additional income after a few years when costs overtake your ability to pay.The world isn't gonna say well we not going to increase the cost of our products because people on a fixed income can't afford it.My mom is 75 years old and baby sits,cleans house,sews,bakes,has lawn sales whatever she can do to supplement her income. I truly do feel sorry for these people,I really do. But it isn't enough anymore.

Guest Guest

Gas prices were high in 2008, one reason the Republicans lost votes, another because minorities voted for Obama because he was 50% white, the man had less than a million dollars before he started to run for office, if a man 100% white did that he would not have had a chance, and of course the youth voted for him (led by Chris Hughes a gay American who helped design Facebook who also helped launched Obama's campaign on a social media outlet which now takes credit for Obama's victory) thinking they would go to college for free. The Catholic Church voted for him, the Jews even voted for him, this surprised me for about 3 seconds. Still waiting for our first 100% black president!

someone skipped their meds today

Guest Guest
Guest Guest

Hates oil or wants to cut our dependency on it. If you love oil you are a terrorist sympathizer.

We have our own oil, more than what Saudi Arabia has! We can't touch it because of the tree huggers.

We have our own oil, more than what Saudi Arabia has! We can't touch it because of the tree huggers.

the oil America has must be saved for future generations to have should the middle east oil dries up and runs out or they refuse to sell it to us anymore or for ten times what they charge now.It is them America will use their own.Its a safeguard for the future (not ours) and must be saved for when it really need it and has no other choices.

Archived