further Proof this area is a joke

Guest Realityguy

Guest Realityguy

CYO basketball on the front page of the paper.

what's next, beer league softball standings? sending a reporter to cover flag football?

Meanwhile, talented, real DI bound athletes toil away in obscurity

what's next, beer league softball standings? sending a reporter to cover flag football?

There isn't any D1 talented bound athletes.....so what is your problem???.....

What's wrong with getting some press,the high schools get plenty of coverage especially BHS and Vestal. CYO gets little blurbs hidden in the paper every week it's about time CYO is regognized.

I will agree the press is a joke. There are plenty of other front page stories besides CYO.

Bottom line is CYO is for kids that either couldn't make the HS team or chose not to for a variety of reasons. The basketball is not all that bad for HS but front page pumps it up more than it should.

Guest luvs2spooge
What's wrong with getting some press,the high schools get plenty of coverage especially BHS and Vestal. CYO gets little blurbs hidden in the paper every week it's about time CYO is regognized.

It was a Sunday what else would you like the press to cover? No college football, no pro football, no baseball...anywhere! There were no area colleges playing, no high school athletics, and the Knicks suck. What else would you suggest they cover? Possibly the John Mack tourney, but other than that there was nothing worth covering. Give the kids a break they play a game or 2 a week and have 2-3 2 hours practices a week. So they are putting in a good amount of work and get no recognition...let it slide, if Syracuse or the B-Sens were playing then it would've been just a normal excerpt in the back of the paper.

Guest curious

name a d1 bound basketball player in this area. zippo. even past d1 players rode the pine (except king and kerins). there is very little drop, if any, between high school teams and CYO talent.

what high school did you play at? what d1 college? make up something good.

Guest STAClord

You're right...putting CYO basketball on the front page of the sports section is like giving publicity to a junior varsity team...maybe worse. CYO basketball and JV basketball have alot of common...both are full of kids who aren't good enough to play for the school's varsity team.

If you want publicity, come try out for school ball, wait a minute, They dont make the team.

Bottom line is there are a few good CYO players who didn't play HS ball for whatever reason. Most wouldn't make the cut at the Varsity level so they play CYO. Good for them.

The issue here is front page coverage. Slow day or not, there were bigger stories that could have been run. The Mack Tourney, there were a few HS basketball games, BU, wrestling just to name a few.

If you want publicity, come try out for school ball, wait a minute, They dont make the team.

you clowns have no idea what you are talking about. in my senior year the best player in the school played CYO because the coach was a jerk. and if you knew the coach, you would understand.

"i was dissappointed that nothing was said about the john mack tourney this weekend at the dome."

There weas a small article in the paper on Sunday.

They need to cover lacrosse better it send more kids to school on scholarship then any other sport in the area.

"i was dissappointed that nothing was said about the john mack tourney this weekend at the dome."

They need to cover lacrosse better it send more kids to school on scholarship then any other sport in the area.

what are you smoking....that honor belongs to Wrestling for the boys and field hockey for the girls

you clowns have no idea what you are talking about. in my senior year the best player in the school played CYO because the coach was a jerk. and if you knew the coach, you would understand.

coach was a jerk = you were a scrub

thanks i must have missed it but will check it out.

Thats because they do not know what lacrosse is in Kentucky and Southern Schools!

Archived