JETER TANKS IT Saturday

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Did anyone see Saturday's Yankee-Indian game ? The "Captain" made a very selfish and stupid mistake in a situation that clearly dictated for him the drive the ball and score the run from third.

Situation : Top of the ninth. Scored tied 3-3. Runners on first and third. One out. Infield is drawn in to make a play at the plate.

Now common "team baseball" knowledge is to get that runner from third home. Stay away from the middle / hitting the ball on the ground. Batter should be looking for a pitch to drive. Again - Sac Fly & get the runner home.

Jeter gets a pitch that he can drive and tries to slap a grounder up the middle. Perfect double play ball. End of inning. Don't tell me he was trying to drive the ball - I TIVO'd the game and watched it over and over. He tried to get a cheap groundball hit up the middle against a drawn in infield. His swing was down - not even trying to get it up in the air.

Cleveland scores a run in the bottom of the ninth. Yankees lose.

JETER should be fined by Hank - that would send a message and get every Yankee to wake-up and start playing team baseball rather than going through the motions and playing for the big inning. If the captain gets slapped, you can bet your @$$ that they all will take notice.

BTW - If Jeter hits the SAC-FLY, Mo comes on in the bottom of the ninth - game over. The Yankees win.

THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YANKEES WIN !!!

Guest Doodle

BIG IF...and Yankee fans, get over yourselves...they are mediocre with below average starting pitching and old/injury proned "stars"...get out the checkbook if you want to compete...a shame that $200 mil cant buy a pennant anymore.

Guest Guest
BIG IF...and Yankee fans, get over yourselves...they are mediocre with below average starting pitching and old/injury proned "stars"...get out the checkbook if you want to compete...a shame that $200 mil cant buy a pennant anymore.

Us Yankee fans might be cocky, arrogant jerks and our starting pitching mediocre and our stars old and injured, but when it's all said and done we'll have a better record than the Blue Jays. Enjoying life in the basement Noodle?

Guest Joe Lefebvre

I thought that one might draw you out of hiding Mr. Noodle .

Yes - Yankee fans - it was yours truly - Joe Lefebvre who started this topic.

I'm not buying your "aging stars" comment though. They were the most prolific run scoring offense in the Majors last year and should be at or near the top again this year. I firmly believe that the pitching will come around - with both Hughes and Kennedy finding their form, Wang a twenty game winner, Pettite 16-18 wins, and Mussina 12-15 Ws.

But - what I witnessed Saturday really pissed me off. If they continue to follow the poor example set by their "leader", this season will be another one and done in the playoffs . Also - it's not the first time I've seen him pull that crap (me first - stat stuffer decisions where the game situation calls for a different tact). I hope that Girardi gave him an earful anyway. Billy would have benched Reggie for that crap (and did). You'd never catch the real Captain - THURMON - making a mistake like that - never ...

Where's Billy & Thurm when you need them ?

Guest Guest

Hey, Joe Lefebvre. There's a rumor going around that you're really "Jingles" the umpire. Any truth to that?

Jeter deserves a pass. Benching him or yellling at him is only going to cause havoc in the Bronx Zoo. No doubt Joe Girardi said something to him, but in private.

Guest Joe Lefebvre

JINGLES - That's pretty funny ... Sorry - I'm not him. Do you really think Jingles could articulate himself in print as I have above ? Much less operate a computer ?

He can barely finish a sentence.

At any rate - I'd still like to see someone rattle some cages at the "Zoo".

Jeter deserves a pass this time, but if it happens again - Fine his ass !!!

Guest Guest
JINGLES - That's pretty funny ... Sorry - I'm not him. Do you really think Jingles could articulate himself in print as I have above ? Much less operate a computer ?

He can barely finish a sentence.

At any rate - I'd still like to see someone rattle some cages at the "Zoo".

Jeter deserves a pass this time, but if it happens again - Fine his ass !!!

Sorry if you took offense to that Joe. It's just that I heard stuff and I needed confirmation. My apologies. I guess I'm still pissed at Jingles for missing calls during my Little League days.

:lol:

Archived