Faith

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

How can these people get prosecuted? Didn't they follow gods word? Isn't that they way we should be in this country? Geez, faith says that even if she died...it is god's will. Don't you want a country run using these principals?

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/04/28/prayer...h.ap/index.html

Girl, 11, died of complications from untreated diabetes

Parents prayed but did not take ailing child to a doctor

Dale and Leilani Neumann face reckless homicide charges

They are scheduled to appear in court on Wednesday

Guest Guest
How can these people get prosecuted? Didn't they follow gods word? Isn't that they way we should be in this country? Geez, faith says that even if she died...it is god's will. Don't you want a country run using these principals?

They could have helped the child. They chose not to. They literally watched her die. That's sick, I am glad they are bing prosecuted.

Guest Ghost Post

God's will, God's will... That has been used to justify more wrong than any other single excuse in all of recorded history. Is it possible, does anyone think, that is was God's will that we discover good medicine to begin with, so we could save people with it? Did these idiots actually think the biblical passage they quoted as a defense ("Healing comes from God") means that God didn't make doctors?

I believe it was Benjamin Franklin who said: "There may be faeries and there may be elves, but God helps them as helps themselves." These half-wits stood there offering prayers to a being that may or may not actually exist but otherwise doing nothing of any practical use, when a simple ride to the hospital could have saved that girl. They deserve to go to prison for it.

It reminds me of the tale of a fellow who was caught at home when a flood came. As the water got to the level of his waist, two guys came along in a row-boat. They offered to take this fellow to safe, high ground. He refused, saying: "I will trust in the Lord my God to save me." So they rowed away.

After a little while, the flood reached the level of his neck. Two men came along in a motorboat and offered to take him to high, safe ground. Again the man refused help, saying: "I have put my faith in God Almighty, and he will surely save me." So they sped away.

In time, the flood was so high, the fellow had to stand on the peak of his roof, and even then, the water was up to his chin. A helicopter came along, lowered a ladder, and a man shouted down and offered to take the fellow to high, safe ground. Once more, the man refused, saying: "God is my Savior, and verily, He will save me." So it flew away.

The water continued to rise and the man drowned. He found himself in Heaven shortly thereafter and stomped angrily up to the Throne by the River of Life. "I have a bone to pick with YOU!" he shouted up at God. "There I was, the flood coming up, and I trusted in you to save me! My faith was strong and unwavering, but I died anyway! Explain Yourself, Sir!"

God looked down and shrugged. "Hey, what's your deal? I sent you a rowboat, a motorboat, and a helicopter, what more did you want?"

Archived