Where is the best place or some places to take the family camping?

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

I want to get out and camp for the weekend and I am looking for a place to go for the weekend with my family of 2 adults and two children (10 & 11) that has some fun stuff to do (fishing, games, etc) Any suggestions?

I'm glad you asked this. I have some friends coming from Buffalo for the Empire State Games this Summer and they were asking for places that were close to Binghamton.

Outside of Greenwood and State Park all I could think of was the campground that is on the top of Boswell Hill in Endicott. (I can't remember the name)

I'm glad you asked this. I have some friends coming from Buffalo for the Empire State Games this Summer and they were asking for places that were close to Binghamton.

Outside of Greenwood and State Park all I could think of was the campground that is on the top of Boswell Hill in Endicott. (I can't remember the name)

That would be Pine Valley Camp Ground. We took the "other house" there several times. They have a "lodge" with a little store, Ice Cream and they even make breakfast on the weekends. It is a really nice place.

That would be Pine Valley Camp Ground. We took the "other house" there several times. They have a "lodge" with a little store, Ice Cream and they even make breakfast on the weekends. It is a really nice place.

OH! Thank you! It was driving me crazy that I couldn't remember the name. It is a nice place, my aunt & uncle camped there for several years and we would go visit them, my boys always had a good time.

Marsh Pond if you have a camper or a tent...State lands, with trails, private, you can bring a row boat and fish, bonfire, bar-b-cue, the kids will love it. No one will bother you, no electricity. Great family time. Look up under state forest land on Farnham Rd in the town of Windsor. Good luck and have fun :)

@

Archived