Fiala hits the air with first campaign commercial

Guest Trump

Guest Trump

It seems the race for county executive is already under way.. in April. Nearly three months before signatures are due to run for the position.

Many on this board view Mike Marinaccio as the Republican who drew the short straw. In other words, Fiala cannot be beat, and Marinaccio is simply putting his name out there because the GOP needs a candidate. This simply isn't true.

Fiala is very beatable. Why else would she begin advertising this early?

It seems Mrs. Fiala is trying to sell her successes as the projects she tried to accomplish during her first term, that now, she plans to complete during her second term. These projects include The Harvey Justice Building and Emerson Power at the Anitec site. With all due respect, I wouldn't tout my failures as successes that are only possible with my reelection.

Four more years? No thank you.

Guest Guest

I've seen the ad & actually thought it was very nicely done.

Although others I've talked with aren't especially fond of the music.

But we're all wondering - why so early?? There has to be a reason although it escapes me for the moment.

Guest Guest

BJF.jpg

Hmm, doesn't this photo from the county web site look a lot like the photo in her new ad???

Did Babs use taxpayer money for the photo, and then use it in her campaign ad??

Wouldn't that be a mis use of taxpayer money??

Hmm. Maybe Babs has some explaining to do <_<

Guest Trump

Residents and voters hate campaign commercials. This could backfire on Fiala... Advertising this early doesn't make any sense. Is she trying to boast to Marinaccio that she has nearly $100,000 in her warchest?

She's throwing her name out there -- but we all know who she is.

Marinaccio can even use this against her! "She's as thoughtless with her campaign money as she is with tax payer money!"

Campaign commercials and pictures paid for by the taxpayers? You guys are going to have to do better than that if you expect to beat Fiala. Marinaccio is running as the anti-consolidation candidate so he can preserve the countless little fiefdoms in Broome County like his Town of Dickenson Supervisor job. He loses.

Guest Trump
Campaign commercials and pictures paid for by the taxpayers? You guys are going to have to do better than that if you expect to beat Fiala. Marinaccio is running as the anti-consolidation candidate so he can preserve the countless little fiefdoms in Broome County like his Town of Dickenson Supervisor job. He loses.

There's many issues that will be brought to the forefront in this election. And yes, consolidation is one of them. What voters need to realize is that the amount any local consolidation will save is miniscule. It's a consolidation of power that Fiala and company are after!

And no, I don't expect the fact that she has a commercial on the air in April to be the nail in her coffin. However, I do question her motives.

Guest Guest

If "residents and voters hate campaign commercials" then what do they like? Do they like campaign mailings instead? Or do they like candidates that don't campaign at all?

@

Guest Trump
If "residents and voters hate campaign commercials" then what do they like? Do they like campaign mailings instead? Or do they like candidates that don't campaign at all?

No one is making up their mind about the county executive race now.. few very want to think about it. In Binghamton and across this country people are dismayed at how much it costs to run a campaign; this is a perfect example.

Mailings? Sure. But not in April.

April, May and June = fundraisers, petitions and signatures.

Another problem the Republicans will have in trying to take out Fiala in 2008 is that they will have to overcome the momentum generated by the top of the ticket. Regardless of who the Democratic presidential nominee is, he or she will surely beat McCain in Broome County. GW Bush lost twice here and this year, the national Republican brand is in deservedly bad shape. Also, Hinchey will do his usual stomping of whoever runs against him.

@

BJF.jpg

Hmm, doesn't this photo from the county web site look a lot like the photo in her new ad???

Did Babs use taxpayer money for the photo, and then use it in her campaign ad??

Wouldn't that be a mis use of taxpayer money??

Hmm. Maybe Babs has some explaining to do <_<

My question is and has been, how much money was paid to touch up that photo. We all know Babs looks like a troll or one of the extras from The Wizard of Oz much less has the voice to go along with both. Hence the reason for the music and not her speaking. :P

It seems the race for county executive is already under way.. in April. Nearly three months before signatures are due to run for the position.

Many on this board view Mike Marinaccio as the Republican who drew the short straw. In other words, Fiala cannot be beat, and Marinaccio is simply putting his name out there because the GOP needs a candidate. This simply isn't true.

Fiala is very beatable. Why else would she begin advertising this early on WBNG at $600/commercial?

It seems Mrs. Fiala is trying to sell her successes as the projects she tried to accomplish during her first term, that now, she plans to complete during her second term. These projects include The Harvey Justice Building and Emerson Power at the Anitec site. With all due respect, I wouldn't tout my failures as successes that are only possible with my reelection.

Four more years? No thank you.

No way we had enough with Fiala

Guest LAUGHING OUT LOUD
My question is and has been, how much money was paid to touch up that photo. We all know Babs looks like a troll or one of the extras from The Wizard of Oz much less has the voice to go along with both. Hence the reason for the music and not her speaking. :P

ARE YOU KIDDING ME????

That's her HIGH SCHOOL PHOTO......60 years ago :blink::blink::rolleyes: LOL

ARE YOU KIDDING ME????

That's her HIGH SCHOOL PHOTO......60 years ago :blink::blink::rolleyes: LOL

60 years old? Are you sure that number is accurate?

Archived