How to Stop - JUNK E-Mails????

Guest Aggravated!

Guest Aggravated!

A couple of weeks ago I requested some information from a company. I am quite sure they sold my e-mail address to other companies and every day I get 50 to 100 junk e-mails. Everything form online dating services, online colleges, work at home scams, Etc.

Does anyone know how to stop these junk e-mails???

Guest Guest

Please tell me the name of the company. There's this DELETED that I can't stand and I've been adding his email address to any email lists that I can find. I'd like to add it to some more.

Yahoo, hotmail (msn) gmail, indox mail all have their own filters. If your getting spam there, then not much you can do.

however, if your checking your e-mail using TWC ( road runner ) or with AOL, you can check your email without bringing it on your computer.

Check Road Runner on their MASTER server here http://webmail.stny.com/

Check Road Runner on their Slave server (one local either in Binghamton or Syracuse) here https://webmail.stny.rr.com/

In either case with Road Runner, if you check it on line, you'll see the from and subject line. If you do not open it, and just check the box to the left ( using the Master Server ) and then delete, nothing goes back to sender and it is assumed that the email box does not exist. Doing this will help you get rid of the spam e-mail. It will take about a week or two for it to clean up, but you'll notice, day by day the messages go down.

Hope this helped! :)

A couple of weeks ago I requested some information from a company. I am quite sure they sold my e-mail address to other companies and every day I get 50 to 100 junk e-mails. Everything form online dating services, online colleges, work at home scams, Etc.

Does anyone know how to stop these junk e-mails???

If any of them have a "remove me" type link in them, click on it. And do it as soon s you get the e-mail before they sell your address to another company. If they don't have a link for that, forward the email to spam@uce.gov, with a cc to them.

If you are getting 50-100 e-mails a day it might be time to change your email address and forget about that account.

Guest Ghost Post
If any of them have a "remove me" type link in them, click on it. And do it as soon s you get the e-mail before they sell your address to another company. If they don't have a link for that, forward the email to spam@uce.gov, with a cc to them.

If you are getting 50-100 e-mails a day it might be time to change your email address and forget about that account.

No, no! Do NOT click on any "remove me" links in junk email. The senders will not remove you, and it will tell them yours is a verified live email address. They get more money when they sell "verified" email addresses.

There is only one certain way to stop geting a lot fo junk email. It takes time, but it works. Here's what to do: Highlight and delete all junk mail without even opening it. The programs junk emailers use to send these things are programmed to stop sending if they haven't received a response after "X" number of mailings to your address. They assume it's a "dead" address. So after a while of not answering them, you'll notice the volume of junk email dropping off to almost nothing. It's slow, but it's certain.

Important safety tip: Never, EVER, click on any links on the web offering anything "free", never play any of those stupid little games on various web pages -- You know, the ones where you rope a bull or shoot clay ducks or pass a race car...Those things are designed to let you win while mining your computer for information. Clck on those and you'll get swamped with junk email.

No, no! Do NOT click on any "remove me" links in junk email. The senders will not remove you, and it will tell them yours is a verified live email address. They get more money when they sell "verified" email addresses.

There is only one certain way to stop geting a lot fo junk email. It takes time, but it works. Here's what to do: Highlight and delete all junk mail without even opening it. The programs junk emailers use to send these things are programmed to stop sending if they haven't received a response after "X" number of mailings to your address. They assume it's a "dead" address. So after a while of not answering them, you'll notice the volume of junk email dropping off to almost nothing. It's slow, but it's certain.

Important safety tip: Never, EVER, click on any links on the web offering anything "free", never play any of those stupid little games on various web pages -- You know, the ones where you rope a bull or shoot clay ducks or pass a race car...Those things are designed to let you win while mining your computer for information. Clck on those and you'll get swamped with junk email.

I should have probably said mouse over the link and see if it's legit, but you're right. My e-mail prog won't show any embedded links or pictures from emails from spammers (most of the time) and if I don't see pics, I forward it to uce.gov. It has worked for me so far.

@

Archived