Attention Yankee Fans: Phil Hughes STINKS!

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Ian Kennedy isn't any better. The faithful will argue that it's still too early, but open your eyes. Neither of these guys is ready. Do you wish Cashman would have traded for Johan Santana now??????

The Yanks put Hughes on the DL because they didn't want to send him to the Minors. He'll have to go there eventually to "Rehab" but as a Yankee Fan this is really hard to swallow. We all know they made up the injury to protect Hughes. His confidence is completely shot and his body language during his last start was just horrible. His velocity isn't there either. Isn't this guy supposed to have a 95 MPH fastball? Where is it? He's the youngest pitcher in MLB and I wouldn't give up on him just yet, but the trade for Johan Santana should have been made in the blink of an eye during the off-season. Nothing to think about. The Yanks aren't hitting either and they have plenty of injuries. Kennedy is going to need a good start tonight and either Rasner or Igawa (yikes) will have to be called up from Scranton and get the job done this weekend with the big club. If not the Yanks are going to have to trade for a pitcher. I heard the Orioles have a good young pitcher. I think his name is Johnson or something like that. ;)

Guest Guest
The Yanks put Hughes on the DL because they didn't want to send him to the Minors. He'll have to go there eventually to "Rehab" but as a Yankee Fan this is really hard to swallow. We all know they made up the injury to protect Hughes. His confidence is completely shot and his body language during his last start was just horrible. His velocity isn't there either. Doesn't this guy supposed to have a 95 MPH fastball? Where is it? He's the youngest pitcher in MLB and I wouldn't give up on him just yet, but the trade for Johan Santana should have been made in the blink of an eye during the off-season. Nothing to think about. The Yanks aren't hitting either and they have plenty of injuries. Kennedy is going to need a good start tonight and either Rasner or Igawa (yikes) will have to be called up from Scranton and get the job done this weekend with the big club. If not the Yanks are going to have to trade for a pitcher. I heard the Orioles have a good young pitcher. I think his name is Johnson or something like that. ;)

For teh first time ever I actually agree with everything you said. I think both Boston and especially the Yanks are going to rue the day they failed to pull teh Santana trade. However, Lester and Bucholz are heads and shoulders above Kennedy and Hughes.

I'd hate to see Joba come into the rotation as the BP will also be a mess and he can be the game shortening powerhouse that the Sox have in Papelbon.

Archived