new press and sun website

Guest nat

Guest Guest

sucks..

disjointed, counter-intituitve, spastic mess with few technological improvements just more junk.

they have their staff posting furiously telliing us how great it is.

obviously they are going for a younger "MySpace" type crowd that does not read newspaper sites.

so they will lose their middle-aged and older readers while gaining no new ones.

look for it to be changed in six months.

reminds me of CNN trying to go for a morning talk show until they realized their viewers had that elsewhere and they reverted back to news.

no doubt this is the work of an MBA with no contact with the real world.

Guest Guest

Big article in the Wall Street Journal today the issue was about Newspapers and the major drop in subscriptions sales, because of the Internet use most readiing News on the Internet.

I believe BCV gets more hits than PSB...Pressconnects.com site. No Question about it, what da ya say Sherman Bodner?

Guest guesty

The paper is a dud and no matter what is being done to try to dress it up in the paper or internet format, it's still a dud. It's a rinky dink paper that relies on fluff writing - can't even call it journalism because that would be an insult to real newspapers.

Guest Guest

Foolish. Take a struggeling news paper and change it around so nobody wants to read it. You think they would have learned their lesson when they changed the layout of the paper copy and nobody liked it. What a mistake.

Guest The Front Page

Sucks. Major. DELETED.

Looks like an online version of the Pennysaver.

And they dumped everyone's user IDs & passwords when they set up the new site.

So now I can't post as Calvin Stoneall and DELETED everyone off anymore...:lol:

Guest Guest
Sucks. Major. DELETED.

Looks like an online version of the Pennysaver.

And they dumped everyone's user IDs & passwords when they set up the new site.

So now I can't post as Calvin Stoneall and DELETED everyone off anymore...:lol:

Do they put big red DELETEDs on the P&SB message forum? Or is that just a n00b thing? :lol:

Guest Guest
Do they put big red DELETEDs on the P&SB message forum? Or is that just a n00b thing? :lol:

I think it's horrible. You used to click on the website to see "breaking news". Now you have to navigate through a bunch of crap to see what's going on if and when they report it.

Guest Guest

When they changed the paper copy around we stopped getting it and used the site more. Now that they changed the site we will rely on the ever faster news breaking stories right here on BCVoice instead.

The people here seem to post faster and more up to the minute information then the press does anyway and no sense in wasting time trying to find what your looking for.

See Yea Later PSB

Guest Guest

Agreed that it sucks. The Pope seemed to be in town for two weeks, according to the front page, you have to search for breaking news and click all over the freeking page to find it! Last time I checked you had to click the logo, not the "news" icon to get to umm, the news.

Simply awful.

I've now bookmarked the local news stations , bet their numbers are going up. They are nothing to write home about though either.

BC Voice is the place of choice to get any info in a timely manner. You've just got to turn on your bullsheet filter to weed out the good from the bad info here.

Seriously, how is THAT different from CNN or CBS anyway?

Thanks BC Voice!

@

Guest C MAN

The new site is very confusing and just as clumsy as to go through as the printed paper. Does no good to complain, they are the only game in town so its this or nothing. Too bad when you have no choices because they probably paid a lot of money for this change and we are stuck with it.

Welcome to the world of they could care less of what the reader like.

Guest Guest
The new site is very confusing and just as clumsy as to go through as the printed paper. Does no good to complain, they are the only game in town so its this or nothing. Too bad when you have no choices because they probably paid a lot of money for this change and we are stuck with it.

Welcome to the world of they could care less of what the reader like.

Then vote with your wallet.

Even websites keep track of visits and generate advertising income. If you and a few thousand other people don't hit their site, they eventually lose ad income.

Guest Calvin is fat and stupid

Its terrible. Just goes to show how clueless Stovall really is. Why would anyone even go to this site more than once a day if your not going to have breaking news.

Stupidity wins again!

I think they're trying to hack into the computers of people who visit their site (and probably not just "nosing around for news", either).

When I first land on their site, after a while I see:

! Your browser’s security settings are preventing some features from appearing. See instructions for fixing the problem.

Then the "instructions" say:

Your browser’s security settings are preventing some features from appearing, including recommendations and comments.

To fix the problem, you may change your settings.

In Internet Explorer, click Tools, and then click Internet Options.

1. Under the Security tab, select Web content zone, Internet.

2. Under “Security level for this zone”, click Custom Level.

3. In the Security Settings panel, scroll down to the Miscellaneous section.

Under the Navigate sub-frames across different domains subheading, click Enable.

4. Click OK, on both the Security Settings and Internet Options panels.

5. Close all of your active browser sessions for the changes to take affect.

Why should I lower my security for them? (My settings work fine everywhere else!)

Calvin Stovall must think we're all stupid! (Or, at least, that's the level he has his writers and editors set at).

I can't wait 'til some enterprising BU student (or, maybe, BHS/VHS/EHS/MEHS/JCHS student) "hacks up" the new pressconnects.com site.

@

Guest geek squad
I think they're trying to hack into the computers of people who visit their site (and probably not just "nosing around for news", either).

When I first land on their site, after a while I see:

Then the "instructions" say:

Why should I lower my security for them? (My settings work fine everywhere else!)

Calvin Stovall must think we're all stupid! (Or, at least, that's the level he has his writers and editors set at).

I can't wait 'til some enterprising BU student (or, maybe, BHS/VHS/EHS/MEHS/JCHS student) "hacks up" the new pressconnects.com site.

@

chances are your broswer is not the latest one.

damn, you're all a bunch of whiners. ... esp. if you think this place is somehow better. how many web hits are here anyway? plus, 'b.c.' stands for 'DELETED central' ...

I don't like the new layout they are trying to go all modern with the design with some .css and other effects but it's not coming together all too well. they should revert back to their older version and also they need to incorporate some of their own stuff into their site for examples jobs and classifieds are from other sites and not from their own. They need to have a little bit more of their own name across their site instead of outsourcing everything.

Just my opinion, doesn't matter a whole lot but oh well :):P

@

Guest Who?

Can't locally blame the Press & Sun, they were forced into the new site as was every other newspaper owned by the parent company. Breaking news, eh, if there is any around here, is still on the main page and easy to find...

Guest Dave Rossie

Horrible,after enjoying the wonderful flow of the other set up and have to go to that,it is absolutely the worst it could have gotten. the color is horrible and to try to find anything is impossible. No lottery,no jump out articles and like we want to see some of the reporters pictures. The Editor must have approved it for he has done a horrible job since he has been there. No updates at all that one can find. Who proofs over there?

@

Guest Guest

They went out of their way to make it not look like a newspaper and now it looks like nothing.

Furthermore, nothing seems to work. I tried "publish an article" four days ago it is nowhere to be found. I posted community photos, ones that had been posted a few days before they deleted all the others and they still are not there.

What a mess.

How much did they waste creating that mess when they could have been tying to report the news.

Archived