Taylor Garbage

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Just got my quarterly bill for Taylor Garbage. Bill is for 58.50 +1..50 fuel surcharge + 4..80 tax for a total of 64.80.

How much do you pay? How much are those Binghamton bags?

This does not include yard waste which you have to have extra stickers for that cost over 2.00/container or 26.00 for the season.

Guest trashman

Bert Adams-$68.04 quarterly, includes a"fuel surcharge" $6. I'm thinking of taking it to the dump and paying the tipping fees-it can't be this expensive!

Guest grant

Just paid $64.08 to Bert Adams and that included a $6.00 fuel sucharge !!!! $57.00 for the quarter $5.04 tax and $6.00 fuel charge

Guest Guest

I pay $97.20 for six months with Bill Teft.

I could pay a few dollars less if I went with Stackhouse but Teft will pick up any day they go by my house if I let them know I have something going out. Also, the guys will let me load big stuff on I need to get rid of it if I throw them a few extra bucks.

@

Guest Guest

OP here. Not sure if it is relevant, but my price is for two cans although I've put out three from time to time and never had a problem. Never heard of Teft, wonder where they service?

@

Just got my quarterly bill for Taylor Garbage. Bill is for 58.50 +1..50 fuel surcharge + 4..80 tax for a total of 64.80.

How much do you pay? How much are those Binghamton bags?

This does not include yard waste which you have to have extra stickers for that cost over 2.00/container or 26.00 for the season.

I have JOE'S Disposal Service. It cost me $20.00 per month and thats for anything i put out for Joe's to take... :rolleyes:

Guest Guest
I have JOE'S Disposal Service. It cost me $20.00 per month and thats for anything i put out for Joe's to take... :rolleyes:

Where do you live to get Joe's? I offered Joe 2 times what he asks for now to pick up for me but he won't come to my part ofWindsor.

Guest Doctor S.

We "dumped" Taylor quite some time ago. Seems like every year they were raising their prices. We went with A&M Disposal out of Apalachin. http://www.amdisposal.com/ Paying about $45 per qtr. for one can, but they don't have a problem with extra stuff, and they will not throw your cans over your yard like Taylor does. They will bring your cans right back to your house. They also offer senior citizen discounts. Great service!

Doc

Guest Guest

I take mine to the landfill once or twice a month for $2.00.

On the way back we stop at Green Brothers for a great breakfast.

You are probably SOL without a truck or SUV, but it really is $2.00 for up to 200#.

Guest guest

I go with Taylors and I love them! They are so nice there! I understand the rising costs with fuel increasing sooo much. I can barely afford to drive to work and home. I feel bad for the professions that depend on the price of fuel! They do not use the stickers anymore. And for A & M, I asked Taylors why they dont do that and they told me that if one of those people fall on your property, it is your homeowner's insurance that is liable. You may get sued if one of them guys gets hurt while they are returning the cans! I am not willing to take that chance!

Guest Guest
Do you still have to use stickers for Taylor?

That's why I didn't go with them, I didn't want to fuss with stickers.

I never did use those stickers from Taylor, and they never gave me a problem. I don't think they do that anymore for the garbage. The notice I just got for yard waste is for 2.16/sticker or 26.00 for a "permanent " sticker.

Guest Guest

I buy city bags and leave one bag of trash per week on my moms curb along w/my recyclables. Average cost is $5.85 for 5 weeks. I work in Bing area anyway so it's convenient and the cheapest way to go for me. I wont pay Burt Adams their expensive fees. Outrageous.

Guest Guest

I find a dumpster that someone else is paying for and throw my garbage in there. I found that the cheapest way to get rid of my garbage.

Guest Doctor S.
I go with Taylors and I love them! They are so nice there! I understand the rising costs with fuel increasing sooo much. I can barely afford to drive to work and home. I feel bad for the professions that depend on the price of fuel! They do not use the stickers anymore. And for A & M, I asked Taylors why they dont do that and they told me that if one of those people fall on your property, it is your homeowner's insurance that is liable. You may get sued if one of them guys gets hurt while they are returning the cans! I am not willing to take that chance!

Not neccesarily true. You would be at fault if you do not keep up your property, or there are hidden dangers such as loose steps or stones, broken concrete, etc... Then you would be liable if you failed to identify or post the danger, or failed to warn them about any danger. If they fall due to their own negligence, such as untied shoes, it is not your fault. They ride on the back of the trucks hanging on for dear life for God's sake!

Injuries at Your Home and on Your Property:

Under traditional legal principles, your liability to people injured on your property

changed according to the reason they came onto your property. Were they there to visit, to

sell, to solicit, to fix something, or to trespass? A more recent trend, however, holds land

or property owners to a general duty of care to prevent injury to anyone coming onto their

property, unless the dangerous condition was open and obvious.

Q. A furniture delivery person was injured when he tripped over an electrical

extension cord in my living room. Can he recover damages from me?

A. He could sue, though it is not certain that he would win. As noted above, until

recently your liability for someone’s personal injuries while at your home hinged on why

he or she was there. If people were doing work for you, the law held that you had a special

duty to make your home reasonably safe. In those situations, a court would have asked if

the cord were dangerous to anyone who came into your living room, or was it only

dangerous if someone moved your furniture? Did you warn the deliveryperson to watch

out for the cord? Courts would need the answers to such questions to decide if you are

liable to the deliveryperson. A growing trend would make you liable for the injury only if

you failed to exercise a general duty of care. By the way, homeowner's insurance policies

generally protect homeowners in cases such as these.

Q. A door-to-door salesperson tripped on our front steps, injuring himself.

May he hold me responsible?

A. Perhaps. A door-to door salesperson may expect that you will warn him about

dangerous conditions on your property that may not be obvious. If your steps were in

perfect condition and he merely lost his footing, a court would not hold you responsible.

However, if he tripped because one of the stairs was wobbly and you knew about it, you

should have repaired it or posted a warning sign.

Q. What if a salesperson, or another passerby, falls on an icy sidewalk in front

of my house?

A. In some places, ordinances say that landowners whose property is next to a

public sidewalk are responsible for keeping the sidewalk in repair and clear of ice and

snow. But elsewhere owners have no duty to remove natural accumulations of ice and

snow that have collected on adjacent public sidewalks. In fact, they may be liable for

negligence if they undertake such a job and do not make the sidewalks safe. If landowners

fail to take reasonable action to correct a dangerous condition on the sidewalk, other than

a natural accumulation of ice or snow, that they knew or should have known about,

however, they can be held liable.

Q. Would I be liable if a trespasser gets injured on my property?

A. You generally are not liable for any injury to a trespasser on your property.

Suppose, however, that you know certain people continually trespass on your property,

perhaps using it as a shortcut. Then a court might find that you should have notified these

regular trespassers about any hidden artificial conditions of which you were aware could

seriously injure them.

Q. A group of eight-year-old children has been playing in a vacant lot that I

own. Could I be liable if one of them gets injured?

A. Yes, the law generally places a greater burden on landowners when injuries

involve children. The reason is that children are too young to understand or appreciate

danger in certain situations. Under a legal theory known as the attractive nuisance

doctrine, owners who knew or should know about potentially dangerous artificial

conditions on their lot must warn children who are playing there, or must take reasonable

precautions to protect them. If, for example, there is machinery or other equipment on

your vacant lot that could present an unreasonable risk to children, you should remove it.

If you don't, you could very well be liable to the children for any injuries they suffer, even

if they were trespassing. In some jurisdictions, the attractive nuisance doctrine is being

replaced by a duty of reasonable care under the circumstances.

Q. Our children's friends often come to swim in our backyard pool, even

though we are not always able to be there. What if one of them gets hurt?

A. You are liable because you have a legal duty to protect children from possible

harm should they decide to play around a dangerous place on your property. You should

make sure an adult is present when children are swimming, though this will not

necessarily avoid liability. And warning the children that they should not swim without an

adult present may not be enough to avoid liability if one of them gets injured. Also check

with your state or city to find out its requirements for residential swimming pools. Under

them, you may have a legal duty to erect barriers or such other protective features as an

automatic pool cover, a tall fence with a good lock that you keep locked or an alarm on the

sliding glass door from your home to the pool.

Source: http://www.abanet.org/publiced/practical/b.../chapter_13.pdf

Doctor S.

Guest Guest
I find a dumpster that someone else is paying for and throw my garbage in there. I found that the cheapest way to get rid of my garbage.

The secret to that is though don't thrown your mail away because if they find out your doing that they can have you arrested.

Archived