Guest Dode Piece

Guest Dode Piece

Talking it over with my Dad.

1. Get your back elbow up higher

2. Roll the wrists

3. Wider stance

4. Nobody bunts no more

5. Squash the bug

There, now your averages will all go up.

Guest Guest

Batting is based on how comfortable you feel at the dish and I'd like to disagree with the rolling the wrists. You're actually supposed to throw your hands back at the pitcher and leave the bat in the strike zone as long as you can. Rolling your wrists results in a weak finish and possibly pulling your front side out. Nobody cares but if you're gonna write a post on great mechanics, make sure they're accurate.

Guest Guest
Batting is based on how comfortable you feel at the dish and I'd like to disagree with the rolling the wrists. You're actually supposed to throw your hands back at the pitcher and leave the bat in the strike zone as long as you can. Rolling your wrists results in a weak finish and possibly pulling your front side out. Nobody cares but if you're gonna write a post on great mechanics, make sure they're accurate.

Hitting is 99% in your brain, 1% Mechanics.

Guest Guest

1. Get your back elbow up higher - that works in little league but once you see somebody who can throw 80 - 85mph, that hitch in your swing is a nightmare.

2. Roll the wrists - no, trust your hands and let them go through the hitting zone.

3. Wider stance - maybe but not for everyone

4. Nobody bunts no more - unless you are a good bunter - a real lost art that more players could use

5. Squash the bug - OK - 1 out of 5 isn't bad

Guest dode piece

That isn't what my dad says.

I forgot:

1. Slam the gate shut

2. Stiff front leg

3. Go with the pitch

How do you "Throw your hands back at the pitcher??"

Guest Guest

It means that your hands should be extened as far as they can be towards the pitcher so that you can get the good bat speed you want. David Wright has said that when he hits the ball, he tries and shows the top of the bat head at the pitcher (another way of explaining how to throw your wrists.) The more extension, the longer the bat is in the hitting zone which enables your wrists to help with your bat speed.

Guest Dode Piece
It means that your hands should be extened as far as they can be towards the pitcher so that you can get the good bat speed you want. David Wright has said that when he hits the ball, he tries and shows the top of the bat head at the pitcher (another way of explaining how to throw your wrists.) The more extension, the longer the bat is in the hitting zone which enables your wrists to help with your bat speed.

Thanks for the time friend, I will put it in and talk to my dad about it. This is the best I have heard since Charlie Loun

Archived