GWB.....liked less than Nixon

Guest Ima Skrewup

Guest Ima Skrewup

Wow.

That takes some special kind of screwing up to be liked less than the Trickster.

"He is more unpopular than Richard Nixon was just before he resigned from the presidency in August 1974."

President Nixon's disapproval rating in August 1974 stood at 66 percent.

and there's this:

The poll also indicates that support for the war in Iraq has never been lower. Thirty percent of those questioned favored the war, while 68 percent opposed it.

"Americans are growing more pessimistic about the war," Holland said. "In January, nearly half believed that things were going well for the U.S. in Iraq; now that figure has dropped to 39 percent."

Only the Vietnam War, the war in Afghanistan, and the Revolutionary War have lasted longer than the war in Iraq.

The only thing that remains to be seen is if GWB's approval rating drops to single digits before he slinks out of the White House. I would be going out the back door if I were him.....late at night.

Tens if not hundreds of thousands of Iraqis have been killed and millions have been displaced. The Iraqi army which was supposed to be able to stand on its own by 2006, is pretty much worthless. During one recent battle more than 1,000 Iraqi soldiers simply ran away leaving the fighting to their countrymen and the Americans.

I wonder if all those displaced Iraqis are feeling like it's "Mission Accomplished" now. It's exactly 5 years to the day that GWB flew the MA banner.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/05/01/bush.poll/index.html

http://caffertyfile.blogs.cnn.com/2008/05/...e-accomplished/

Guest Guest

I love it when you Bushbots come here and start making comparisons of deaths and murders between Iraq and American cities.

Does this happen in any of our cities?:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/meast/05/01/...main/index.html

BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- A pair of suicide bombers blew themselves up amid a wedding convoy Thursday in northeastern Iraq, killing 35 people and wounding 76 others, Iraqi authorities said.

The attack took place on a main street in a market area in Balad Ruz, northeast of Baghdad in Diyala province, the official said.

A wedding convoy was driving slowly when the first suicide bomber detonated an explosive vest, the official said. When bystanders and police gathered, a second bomb exploded.

One of the bombers was a woman, the official said.

Hey, there was that story last week about that newlywed couple who got into a punch-and-kick fest on their way to their hotel. Is that the same thing that's going on in Baghdad?

Guest Guest

The first picture will go down in history right alongside Nixon waving the V sign as he boarded the plane....and of course, his "Well, I'm not a crook" speech.

Archived