why make me pay?

Guest non-pedophile

Guest non-pedophile

why is cliff crouch wasting time trying to get the federal govnt. to fund volly fire departments. these communities chose to support or not support a fire dept. why is it my responsibilty when they chose not to. we in Binghamton chose to pay for a manned fire station because there just is to many calls.....why cantthese small towns that only have maybe 20 calls a year support it on there own. If they dont want to pay and they dont want to volunteer then dont have one its that simple. i pay enough for my own fire department dont make me pay for yours as well. cliff crouch go home!

Guest Guest

Why should I pay for your bridge, school/college, dam, highway, sewage plant, library, stadium, etc?

Any time state or fed dollars go into a project, taxpayers who may never use the item are forced to pay for it. We may not like it, but that's how it is.

Guest Guest

YOU ARE MISSING MY POINT........the people who are in this community aren't willing to pay and or volunteer so its comes to my wallet. a school or bridge or park is fine thats not a problem as long as we are all paying equally. but deposit or colesville or vestal aren't willing to help protect themselves so let binghamton or endicott do it! thats buulcrap!

Guest Guest

If you think car insurance is expensive, or home owners, or renters, wait until they privatize fire depts. You won't be able to afford it. That isn't a scare tactic either, just the truth, that is why it hasn't happened yet. If smaller communities can't afford a volunteer dept. or don't have enough people to make it happen, then the only logical thing to do is eliminate the dept. that doesn't work and let bigger fire depts. handle the 20 calls a year.

What it really comes down to is a few people involved in the smaller dept., that isn't working, don't want to let their little piece of the pie go, and for their selfishness, their whole community suffers. This is not a bash in anyway, it is the truth, I have seen it first hand and think it is rediculious. There are plenty of reasons why bigger depts. thrive all over the United States, but I feel that people aren't volunteering for the right reasons, or don't have the right attitude anymore. It should be about community, safety, and respect of the people who live in any given community, not about people's own personal gains or selfishness, ya know, the "what's in it for me" people.

Unfortunately, as of late, we have had the wrong people discussing the best way to solve the problem we are talking about. I think that people outside the equation need to weigh in and really sit down and look from the outside in at what is happening here. When it comes right down to it, the bottom line is consolidation of public safety services would work, it is the individuals whose "pie" would be taken away from them who are telling you otherwise. Pooling more resources from a larger population toward a single fire dept. is without a doubt the best for both the taxpayer and the safety of any community. I personnally feel that a combination dept., made up of not just career and volunteer members, but also college students who are wanting to make a career of the fire or ems service, would be the best option. Give the student free room and board while in college, and in return they will man an engine at stations outside the metroplitan area.

Now when I say public safety, I am speaking solely for fire and ems, police I feel is a whole other animal. I am sure that there will be plenty of bashing of my opinion, but having almost 15 years of service in fire and ems, and both career and volunteer fire depts., consolidation would work and those who choose not to except that, is well, just foolish. Times are changing, and the days of old are just that, the days of old. We need to let some things go if we really want this community as a whole to start to thrive again. Everyone will benefit and be better off for it.

Now maybe you can see why so many people have and continue to leave this state. It's only going to get worse. The more that leave the heavier the tax burden for those remaining. My time to leave is soon approaching and I won't shed a tear for those left behind. :huh:

Guest later
Now maybe you can see why so many people have and continue to leave this state. It's only going to get worse. The more that leave the heavier the tax burden for those remaining. My time to leave is soon approaching and I won't shed a tear for those left behind. :huh:

And then you will be...."PA Patriot"???

You bring a tear.....to my one good eye.

Guest Guest

A large housing development was once built in Colorado. The new residents found they could not buy Homeowners Insurance because there was no Fire Department covering that area. The developer and residents had to buid their own fire station, buy a used fire truck and start their own Volunteer Fire Co. - Then they were able to buy Homeowners Insurance.

@

Archived