I need some advice.

grammy838

My cat qwent into labor sometime this morning. She had 3 kittens that died by 6:30 this morning. I think she has at least 1 more but she's not in active labor continuesly. She has a couple contractions and then stops. This is her first litter and I've never had a cat go this long in labor before. How long should I wait until I take her to a vet? She doesn't seem like she's in a lot of distress. Just tired. :unsure:

I did call a vet. They said they couldn't give me any advice over the phone. When I asked how long I should wait before bringing her in I was told that I should just wait and see what happens and there was no need to bring her in. The kittens were not stillborn, the mother didn't clean off the plecenta and we didn't find them in time to help. I just don't know what to do. Calling the vet was no help. I don't want to call my husband home to take us down just for them to tell me it's normal and have him get into trouble at work for nothing. :(

sorry to hear that.

I don't have any advice...sad news though.

Any updates?

Now she's up walking around, going to the litter pan constantly. Eating a little. Then she'll lay down and take a nap. Get back up and do it again. She doesn't act distressed. That's why I don't know what to do.

Thank you.

Guest country girl2

I am so sorry about the kittens, how sad. I would still strongly suggest taking her to the vet. I dont know why the vet would even have said that to you about "just watch her" or whatever they said. There is no way to know if she has something going on internally that could be serious. I would take her ASAP especially since it is the weekend. And after this, I would get her spayed. Sorry, pleeease dont take this the wrong way, but there are way too many cats in shelters without good homes. Also pets that are not spayed or neutered have a higher risk of getting cancer.

Guest Guest
DELETED

What a heartless POS you are. I pray that someday you dont have a family member or friend that is in actual need of a benefit for any reason. Looks to me like someone might be jealous of a need for a benefit to pay for your psychiatric care. You are a pathetic dumb DELETED who should be raffled off for free to see who can be the first person do dump your sorry DELETED into the river. Grow the DELETED up you loser.

Guest Guest

How old is your cat? I had a dog who was 13 that had all stillborn pups. They told me because of her age and the dog that got her pregnant was to big for her to handle such large puppies. She weighed 60 pounds and the male was 120 and the pups were huge. Sorry about the kittens, its a DELETED thing to go through.

Thanks to those of you tried to help. Both my cats are 9 months old. They never go outside, ever. My son's cat, that he told me was a female, is not. I never looked. That is my fault. I should not have taken his word for it. I just figured a 20 year old would know how to tell the difference. I guess not.

The cat that I was aking about-- I did take her to the vet AFTER her sister went into labor and had 3 kittens. Spent 3 1/2 hours $271.00 there. She has an infection in her cervix. They said that if I had brought her in earlier, they probably would not have found it as it had appently just started. hopefully we caught it in time. She's on antibiotics now and acting alittle better.

The sister that went into labor after making my last post-- She had 3 kittens before I left and 1 while I was at the vet. She's too young to know what to do, so we ended up assisting with all 4. They were also all breach. Her kittens are so far doing pretty good. There all eating and actually loud.

Guest Guest
My cat qwent into labor sometime this morning. She had 3 kittens that died by 6:30 this morning. I think she has at least 1 more but she's not in active labor continuesly. She has a couple contractions and then stops. This is her first litter and I've never had a cat go this long in labor before. How long should I wait until I take her to a vet? She doesn't seem like she's in a lot of distress. Just tired. :unsure:

Your cat needs a clean out shot asap if not she could be come toxic with an infection and die within hours.

Thanks to those of you tried to help. Both my cats are 9 months old. They never go outside, ever. My son's cat, that he told me was a female, is not. I never looked. That is my fault. I should not have taken his word for it. I just figured a 20 year old would know how to tell the difference. I guess not.

The cat that I was aking about-- I did take her to the vet AFTER her sister went into labor and had 3 kittens. Spent 3 1/2 hours $271.00 there. She has an infection in her cervix. They said that if I had brought her in earlier, they probably would not have found it as it had appently just started. hopefully we caught it in time. She's on antibiotics now and acting alittle better.

The sister that went into labor after making my last post-- She had 3 kittens before I left and 1 while I was at the vet. She's too young to know what to do, so we ended up assisting with all 4. They were also all breach. Her kittens are so far doing pretty good. There all eating and actually loud.

First off I am glad you managed to take her in and get her tended to. What a price we pay for our furbabies huh?

I guess I missed the first post about a second kitten being in labor. Am glad to hear she had less problems. Best of luck with all of them.

First off I am glad you managed to take her in and get her tended to. What a price we pay for our furbabies huh?

I guess I missed the first post about a second kitten being in labor. Am glad to hear she had less problems. Best of luck with all of them.

Thanks Tazz. I don't think I ever did post about the second cat. too much going on at the time. I wasn't sure if the first one was done or not and then the second went into labor and then the first one really started to go down hill fast. I took the first one to the 24 hour animal emergency room in vestal. Really nice people. They even kept asking for updates about the second one while I was there.

No moron- if you had bothered to read the whole post and not just what you wanted to, you would have realized what happened. It was NOT intended, my cats do NOT go outside. Like I said- moron- read the whole post before you go judging.

I'm the moron, and you have 2 kittens having kittens, at the same time.. both in distress and still deciding wether to take them to the vets??? Ever hear of having animals spayed? It can be done at 6 months. You dont know how over loaded the shelters are with cats?

Like I said--read the post.

Neither of them were in distress. I called a vet BEFORE the second one went into labor. They were no help. And why would I need to have them Spayed if they are all female and all INSIDE cats? Had you bothered to read the post at all- you would have realized what actually happened.

MORON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Amazed at the ignorance

I don't understand why you would be calling people morons when it is you that ended up in this horrible situation that could have been prevented. Hopefully you will spay your animals in the future. I have indoor female cats and have them spayed, things do happen as you have found out. Not to mention it has health benefits for the animals, femals tend to run less of a risk of developing certain types of cancers. Maybe you should educate yourself a little on cats before you get anymore. I am glad to hear that your cat is fine after all of this.

Archived