Local Dollar Store Prices No Longer a Dollar

Guest Frugal Shopper

Guest Frugal Shopper

I love the thrill of picking up a good bargin. Local Dollar Stores are noted for bargins. Our own Garo shops in one of my favorite Dollar Stores in Price Chopper Plaza. For the past two days I have been visiting the local DS's and have found that prices are on the rise in most of the stores and no longer a dollar on some items. The only Dollar Stores that stay steadfast in their dollar prices on items are Dollar Trees. I have a feeling that it won't be long before they start raising their prices on items because of the economy. Stores in the Binghamton Plaza, Upper Front St and even the once popular JC Dollar store are charging more for foodstuffs. A loaf of bread is no longer a dollar but 1.25. Other foods in the coolers are now more than a dollar up to 4.00.

Many retired pensioners use these stores each month to buy groceries. With the increase in food prices they will no longer be able to buy the variety of foods which sustained them.

Guest think about it

Hasn't the media been complaining about how fat everyone is in this country? That obesity is an epidemic? (Yet a bag of salad is three dollars and a big mac is only one dollar). How convenient the timing is on the rise of food prices...hmmm... now everyone can lose weight together because they can't afford to eat. There goes the potato chips! :lol:

It was only a matter of time. Just by the nature of inflation, these items were going to be priced higher than a dollar eventually. Some of these stores are good places to go. I went to the one over by Kmart last summer to get the Briars fat free frozen fruit bars.

@

Guest Guest

If there's a sign on the front of the store that states everything is $1 and you pay more than $1 for it then I can safely say that you need help or a baseball bat in the head to knock some sense into you.

Archived