Homebrewers

Guest Brewmaster

Guest Guest
I just wanted to find out if there were any homebrewers on the voice.

If you wants to save somes money - you brew it up youself and then pore it into expensife bottles - like Molsons or Hennyicanns!

Then give it to your gests!

Guest Guest
I just wanted to find out if there were any homebrewers on the voice.

i haven't brewed any personally, but a friend of my wife's is an avid brewer. that stuff is good. he's done a lot of batches and his best one so far is a pale ale. no sediment and plenty of bubbles. real tasty. kinda reminded me of black horse ale. he says it's not that difficult to do. i'm thinking of making me some with his recipe. he bottles his own with store bought 22oz bottles. he caps them himself. the quality is really cool. him being an amateur, it's all good. good luck if you do brew your own. use quality ingredients and try to buy them where they move a lot of product. if they sell you stale product ( you might not know the difference at first ) then the taste will be bad. but if someone is trying to unload "what you need" it could be a bad experience. it's all about the flavor. figure out what kind of beer you like to drink and then go for that recipe. there's different kinds of brewing. ie. top wort, bottom wort, i've got a book on brewing and distilling, so even after you make a batch or two, you may have to spend a little time refining your special recipe.

@

Guest brewmaster
nope man just us beer drinkers

Yea I started brewing my own beer earlier this year. I don't find it difficult to make my own. It's a lot of fun. When it comes to brewing my own though I pay very close attention to detail. I made my own Carmel Porter and it came out quite well. I actually entered into the longshot homebrew competition that Sam Adam's in Boston is running. I'm trying to own recepie for a Belgian ale and then I'm going to tr and make a coconut ale.

Guest Guest

I do my own brewing, and its awesome. I got the start-up kit for Christmas. If you're interested in starting go to Doc's Homebrew in Binghamton. He is in the yellow pages. Doc is a great guy and hes willing to help you out with any questions you have. Start up cost is about $75 (bottles, fermentors, tubing ect) and kits are 20-30 and make 2 cases. Its fun and good beer.

Archived