VYSA

Guest Guest

Actually, the very fact that you're arguing that younger teams are beating UFC teams shows your ignorance towards youth training and soccer in general. In youth soccer (ages U-11 and younger usually) there is ZERO emphasis on winning or the final score. It's all towards development. Heck, they don't even keep score in most leagues aged 10 and under. Technical development is focused on and whether a team scores a goal or not isn't, and shouldn't be, even considered.

Yeah because the more skilled , more talented, better players aren't the ones who can score they are the ones scared of the ball right? I watched the UFC u8 teams this weekend and the coach left his biggest strongest player (not his most skilled by any means) out on the field the whole game pretty much. There was no skill development going on unless yelling "get it to him" is the skill you are looking for.

Please stop the BS and dreams, my kid is 6 he keeps score of the game as does most all of the team. The thought that u8-u10 kids don't know the score of a game and realize who "won" or who "lost" is a load of crap. They know what the object of a game is, you don't try to lose.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah because the more skilled , more talented, better players aren't the ones who can score they are the ones scared of the ball right? I watched the UFC u8 teams this weekend and the coach left his biggest strongest player (not his most skilled by any means) out on the field the whole game pretty much. There was no skill development going on unless yelling "get it to him" is the skill you are looking for.

Please stop the BS and dreams, my kid is 6 he keeps score of the game as does most all of the team. The thought that u8-u10 kids don't know the score of a game and realize who "won" or who "lost" is a load of crap. They know what the object of a game is, you don't try to lose.

Again an ignorant post...obviously the KIDS know the score of the game. However, as adults (and people who really know the game) we should be focusing on the DEVELOPMENT, not who wins or loses the match. So a team wins a game? Does anyone really remember it next season? What did they gain from the "win"? Coaches like YOU (if you even are a coach, I certainly hope not) are the reason we are behind in soccer in this country. Of course the kids are going to focus on winning. It's up to you to teach them that the final result isn't want matters most at that age. Developing the techincal skills that will help make them better players in the LONG RUN is the most important issue.

As far as your comment about "getting the ball to him"...development is done in TRAINING, not matches. It's fairly obvious that you have no formal coaching training because you're a$$backwards in your beliefs.

Again an ignorant post...obviously the KIDS know the score of the game. However, as adults (and people who really know the game) we should be focusing on the DEVELOPMENT, not who wins or loses the match. So a team wins a game? Does anyone really remember it next season? What did they gain from the "win"? Coaches like YOU (if you even are a coach, I certainly hope not) are the reason we are behind in soccer in this country. Of course the kids are going to focus on winning. It's up to you to teach them that the final result isn't want matters most at that age. Developing the techincal skills that will help make them better players in the LONG RUN is the most important issue. As far as your comment about "getting the ball to him"...development is done in TRAINING, not matches. It's fairly obvious that you have no formal coaching training because you're a$$backwards in your beliefs.

The UFC coach is the moron yelling to get the ball to the one big player. No amount of training footskill will untrain kids that have been told focus on passing to one player. To coach like that will not help that group it will destroy skill development. When did I say I focused on the winning? I said you will never convince kids that there is no winner or loser its a pipedream that only morons believe. I fully understand skill development step one is make the kids love the game and heres a hint its tough to love something you are always failing at.

You don't think kids have a memory for games? Are you really that foolish? My oldest son is 11 and he still mentions games played in the 3v3 league at the dome last year. He remembers great moves players made, great goal kids scored, winning a tight game and losing a heartbreaker. Don't kid yourself with the whole "no one will remember a game from last year". You will never no matter how much you try convince kids there wasn't a winner or loser of a game, its human nature to track it.

I've gone to Costa Rica on vacation and played soccer in the streets, you know what? the people, adults kids everyone there play to win. Loser leaves the field winner stays, thats a motivational tool. Hell some of them are doing it to make a living. Same goes for kids in Brasil, Argentina etc.. watch the movie Pelada and find out the truth. The develop better skill playing on their own for fun and not being watched over by a coach all the time. Thats whats missing here, the love and passion for the game, you guys think a coach with a magic license or method will change things. Its about the kids wanting it more and working to get it always has been always will be.

Whats ruining soccer and all sports in this country is over-coaching, over-organization, over-pay for play. You know why US Soccer has sucked? Its a rich white kids game for too long. If kids couldn't pay they couldn't play at the top levels. Look at the stupidity of how spread out things are. Weekly ODP training in Rochester or Buffalo for a kid from Binghamton? Sorry you just priced out many people for travel costs. Premier soccer costing 3-5 grand per season, great for a family with disposable income not so much for others. But I don't know what I'm talking about neither does Jurgen Klinsmann, thats only his #1 complaint.

Guest Tommy D.

You are so wrong. I never played the game but I took a 3 hr coaching class and they told me the score doesn't matter and that kids should not be playing in more than 1 game per weekend.

The UFC coach is the moron yelling to get the ball to the one big player. No amount of training footskill will untrain kids that have been told focus on passing to one player. To coach like that will not help that group it will destroy skill development. When did I say I focused on the winning? I said you will never convince kids that there is no winner or loser its a pipedream that only morons believe. I fully understand skill development step one is make the kids love the game and heres a hint its tough to love something you are always failing at.

You don't think kids have a memory for games? Are you really that foolish? My oldest son is 11 and he still mentions games played in the 3v3 league at the dome last year. He remembers great moves players made, great goal kids scored, winning a tight game and losing a heartbreaker. Don't kid yourself with the whole "no one will remember a game from last year". You will never no matter how much you try convince kids there wasn't a winner or loser of a game, its human nature to track it.

I've gone to Costa Rica on vacation and played soccer in the streets, you know what? the people, adults kids everyone there play to win. Loser leaves the field winner stays, thats a motivational tool. Hell some of them are doing it to make a living. Same goes for kids in Brasil, Argentina etc.. watch the movie Pelada and find out the truth. The develop better skill playing on their own for fun and not being watched over by a coach all the time. Thats whats missing here, the love and passion for the game, you guys think a coach with a magic license or method will change things. Its about the kids wanting it more and working to get it always has been always will be.

Whats ruining soccer and all sports in this country is over-coaching, over-organization, over-pay for play. You know why US Soccer has sucked? Its a rich white kids game for too long. If kids couldn't pay they couldn't play at the top levels. Look at the stupidity of how spread out things are. Weekly ODP training in Rochester or Buffalo for a kid from Binghamton? Sorry you just priced out many people for travel costs. Premier soccer costing 3-5 grand per season, great for a family with disposable income not so much for others. But I don't know what I'm talking about neither does Jurgen Klinsmann, thats only his #1 complaint.

There are clubs with the best of both worlds. I don't think any club in the area can compete with Soaring Capital's coaching staff and they cost less than $400 a year to play there. Premier training, premier competition, very reasonable cost.

There are clubs with the best of both worlds. I don't think any club in the area can compete with Soaring Capital's coaching staff and they cost less than $400 a year to play there. Premier training, premier competition, very reasonable cost.

And I've watched GBSA beat them.

I agree with a previous poster. It doesn't get any better than the GBSA staff- Scott Craig and Jenten Esworthy included.

$400 a yr to train in a gym with high school coaches VS. $800 a yr to train in the dome with D1 coaches? Yeah sounds like a bargain to me

Guest soccerfan2

$400 a yr to train in a gym with high school coaches VS. $800 a yr to train in the dome with D1 coaches? Yeah sounds like a bargain to me

wow all you people on this sight have a lot of year to go to be miserable and always ythink you are right and have soccer knowledge. Good luck it will be a long 8-10 years! who really cares about the club, it is proven on the field against other areas and towns when they get in High School and College (if jr gets that far). Good luck and relax..

Stateline is even cheaper and we have the best coach in PA/NY, Brian Myers who also happens to be a very successful high school coach in Waverly

I'm just going to count this one as satire because it's absolutely absurd.

Guest Karl Heinz Rummenigge

PERFECTLY STATED - It's been this way for years.

When you start seeing sandlot soccer games springing up with no parental interference, and no 3-hour course coaches hovering and controlling the action, then the US of A will be on it's way to being successful on an international level.

PERFECTLY STATED - It's been this way for years.

When you start seeing sandlot soccer games springing up with no parental interference, and no 3-hour course coaches hovering and controlling the action, then the US of A will be on it's way to being successful on an international level.

Thanks for the agreement. Its one of the things I loved about the hiring of Klinsmann he really understands that the USA has priced out too many players for so long. Its the reason he keeps trying to add our Mexican-American players to show the community that we will embrace the good players regardless of background. Sadly he hasn't found the right ones yet to make it work but hopefully it will pay off down the line.

Stateline is even cheaper and we have the best coach in PA/NY, Brian Myers who also happens to be a very successful high school coach in Waverly

I would take Coach Myers over any coach in this area inclucing Paul Marco. The guy runs a great practice and always wins.

I would take Coach Myers over any coach in this area inclucing Paul Marco. The guy runs a great practice and always wins.

I don't know this Myers guy from Adam but if he's so good why is he in Waverly? I suppose you're going to tell us that Waverly is a hotbed for soccer?

I have never even heard of Myers. This has to be a joke. Waverly is TERRIBLE in soccer.

Guest Wolverine

I have never even heard of Myers. This has to be a joke. Waverly is TERRIBLE in soccer.

15-2 this year and he never loses games at the dome. he will be coaching at a major college some day. I've heard he has already had D1 offers but has chosen to continue building the Waverly Girls powerhouse and the Styateline Club which is the most successful club at the dome.

15-2 this year and he never loses games at the dome. he will be coaching at a major college some day. I've heard he has already had D1 offers but has chosen to continue building the Waverly Girls powerhouse and the Styateline Club which is the most successful club at the dome.

Yea, right.....and I was offered a spot on the Duke basketball team but decided to stay in high school an extra 4 years to pad my stats.........

hey coach meyers maybe if you want to be taken seriously you can either start coaching boys, get out of the iac, win at a bigger school, coach somewhere besides stateline or stop posting on bcvoice about yourself. any of those will work thanks

Guest Notre Dame X2

hey coach meyers maybe if you want to be taken seriously you can either start coaching boys, get out of the iac, win at a bigger school, coach somewhere besides stateline or stop posting on bcvoice about yourself. any of those will work thanks

He also has won major tournaments like The Salt City Showcase, I remember reading it in the newspaper. You sound jealous of his success. Lets hear your resume champ.

Archived