Good Job Mr. Cook & Staff

Guest Lucas

This thread is a statement not an open question...an experienced opinion, not a start of an agruement.

I have spent numerous years within various successful baseball organizations. I have also read numerous posts on the opinions of Dale Cook and or his teams. I have never met him nor did I care until now.

Having been in baseball for nearly 25 years and having been taught the game by some very talented and knowledgeable people, let me state that I was absolutely impressed by the preseason workout I witnessed on Sunday am. As I have never met Mr. Cook, and only have known him by the opinions of people on this forum. I must say that it was impressive to see the dedication and work ethic displayed by the coaches and kids. I had much enjoyment watching the high level of focus those young ladies showed while training at 10am on a sunday morning. The skills being taught where the same that I've seen in college.

It is exciting to see the game taught the right way. It is exciting to see athletes working like that, and having FUN while doing it. Those kids where smiling and joking during the whole thing. Haven't seen that in quite some time and I commend you Mr. Cook.

My departing thought is, prior to this I didn't have an opinion, however after witnessing the respect and focus shown by those kids last week. I believe the dedication and atmosphere speaks for itself. So with that I must say Well Done Mr. Cook & Staff. Those kids will thank you for what you are doing for them. Very Impressive!

Nice to see someone recognizing him for his skills, instead of attacking the man!

Give it a minute I hear them walking up the driveway as we speak.

I will say that the op hit it straight upon the head of the nail!

I know because I have been there and I have been other places, and my daughter became a true softball player when she learned what that really meant.

This thread is a statement not an open question...an experienced opinion, not a start of an agruement.

I have spent numerous years within various successful baseball organizations. I have also read numerous posts on the opinions of Dale Cook and or his teams. I have never met him nor did I care until now.

Having been in baseball for nearly 25 years and having been taught the game by some very talented and knowledgeable people, let me state that I was absolutely impressed by the preseason workout I witnessed on Sunday am. As I have never met Mr. Cook, and only have known him by the opinions of people on this forum. I must say that it was impressive to see the dedication and work ethic displayed by the coaches and kids. I had much enjoyment watching the high level of focus those young ladies showed while training at 10am on a sunday morning. The skills being taught where the same that I've seen in college.

It is exciting to see the game taught the right way. It is exciting to see athletes working like that, and having FUN while doing it. Those kids where smiling and joking during the whole thing. Haven't seen that in quite some time and I commend you Mr. Cook.

My departing thought is, prior to this I didn't have an opinion, however after witnessing the respect and focus shown by those kids last week. I believe the dedication and atmosphere speaks for itself. So with that I must say Well Done Mr. Cook & Staff. Those kids will thank you for what you are doing for them. Very Impressive!

your credentials are impressive for a meaningless girls activtity. let him try hardball, you know, a sport.

your credentials are impressive for a meaningless girls activtity. let him try hardball, you know, a sport.

While you sit home swilling beer rooting for dem yankees you mean?

While you sit home swilling beer rooting for dem yankees you mean?

does he teach them how to run the bases which are all 6 ft apart??? what a skill and sport.

WOW - More Coach Cook and HS Softball Bashing. I come on this forum and see the same crap that I read on the Syracuse Softball Forum and the Section 5 Softball Forum. If its not Coach Cook, its the Morabito Tournament, and then its Mr. Shaw. Gee, why oh why does it appear that people continue to harp on the negatives instead of promoting the positives, like the originator of this very nice post did? Why can't people find the nice things that people like Coach Cook and Mr. Shaw have done for the game? Continuing to find fault in everything these people do or have done is just not right and are hurtful, not only to these 2 fine individuals, but to those who care about them and the game of High School Softball as well.

If this is going to be another rant about Softball not being a sport and that Baseball is so much better, then I am out of here. I go back to the days of Eddie Feiner and "The King and His Court" softball show. He faced MLB players during his career and those individuals (notably Hank Aaron, Willie Mays, and Frank Robinson, among others) could not even hit Eddie Feiner's pitches. So, please don't come on here and say that High School Softball is "Not A Sport" to say that is just not being properly informed and un-educated

Your not comparing apples to oranges. I faced the King and the court. Not sure your comparison is valid. Its obviously easier to hit most fast pitch softball pitching. the batting averages prove that.

At first I thought maybe it was a type but when they did 6x4=24 I realized it was not. I believe they are 60ft a part which would then make it 240ft all the way around the bases. Glad to see you have any idea what you are talking about. Gotta love BCVoice

i see sarcasm is above your intelligence level.

If this is going to be another rant about Softball not being a sport and that Baseball is so much better, then I am out of here. I go back to the days of Eddie Feiner and "The King and His Court" softball show. He faced MLB players during his career and those individuals (notably Hank Aaron, Willie Mays, and Frank Robinson, among others) could not even hit Eddie Feiner's pitches. So, please don't come on here and say that High School Softball is "Not A Sport" to say that is just not being properly informed and un-educated

wow, what an idiot. that was all done in good fun without the hitters ever seeing an underhand pitch nor were they competing hard. if they faced guys like him every day and got the timing down in less than 3 games, the average hitter would be above .700. get your head out of your behind.

Your full of shit King Kong I will take any high level high school pitcher and garantee she sets you down on nine swings. Fool

you mean like when i saw jennie finch in her prime on "pro's and joe's. SHE GOT SHELLED BY 2 GUYS WHO COULDN'T EVEN SWING A BAT AND SAID BASEBALL WAS NOT THEIR SPORT. she was a laughing stock. in high school, i was facing 90 mph fastballs from a current pro and hit .525 against him over 2 years. i think i could have dealt with the softball teams pitcher ok. those 3 strides to first base might have tired me out, though.

Look at a 90 mph fastball from a high school pitcher (which is around the top end average that a good high school pitcher throws) from 60 feet 6 inches and compare it to a softball pitcher throwing on average 58 to 63 mph from 43 feet. Hitting good high school softball pitching is not as easy as it may seem.

Like to see you go up against Jennie Finch and see how you would do. (also like to see how your leg would feel after getting hit by a larger mass object thrown from a closer distance at that velocity?

you mean like when i saw jennie finch in her prime on "pro's and joe's. SHE GOT SHELLED BY 2 GUYS WHO COULDN'T EVEN SWING A BAT AND SAID BASEBALL WAS NOT THEIR SPORT. she was a laughing stock. in high school, i was facing 90 mph fastballs from a current pro and hit .525 against him over 2 years. i think i could have dealt with the softball teams pitcher ok. those 3 strides to first base might have tired me out, though.

Look at a 90 mph fastball from a high school pitcher (which is around the top end average that a good high school pitcher throws) from 60 feet 6 inches and compare it to a softball pitcher throwing on average 58 to 63 mph from 43 feet. Hitting good high school softball pitching is not as easy as it may seem.

Like to see you go up against Jennie Finch and see how you would do. (also like to see how your leg would feel after getting hit by a larger mass object thrown from a closer distance at that velocity?

there is no softball pitcher myself or 20 of my friends could not shell. i know guys near 50 that could shell her. keep up the dementia. if you lie to yourself enough, it becomes true and it really is a sport. keep going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You sir/ma'am are full of shit.

says the person who didn't play t-ball. i think i saw where in the past, depersis batted over .600 every year of her career at u-e. sounds pretty hard.

says the person who didn't play t-ball. i think i saw where in the past, depersis batted over .600 every year of her career at u-e. sounds pretty hard.

U E LOL Son to start with High school ball is like pee wee league. You using that as your example disqualifies you from this discussion Idiot!

• 1 month later...
Guest Guest

Your not comparing apples to oranges. I faced the King and the court. Not sure your comparison is valid. Its obviously easier to hit most fast pitch softball pitching. the batting averages prove that.

Um, Cook's daughter could throw her underhand pitches faster than most high school boys could or still can, overhand pitch. What a wimp.

Guest Guest

Mr Cook it is sad you dont get any ink for a month now you promote your daughter to get back in the news. No wonder so many people feel the way they do about you.

Archived