WPSL Soccer Coming To Binghamton

Guest Guest

Yesterday's Action News covered the first tryout for the new women's soccer team that will be a member of the WPSL and based in Binghamton. This will give women who are too old for club soccer a place to play this summer. I'm thinking that the roster will be comprised of current collegiate players who are looking for a place to play before returning to school competition. Sounds like a great idea.

• 1 month later...
Guest guest

WPS is over - no more professional womens soccer. It looks like UFC is holding a Brooks BBQ to raise money for a team that will play a handful of games in a league that has no 'next level' for their players to go.

I agree, foolish.

Guest Guest

You don't get it, if he doesn't have the WPSL Shane can't coach the Flames again. This is about one man trying to grab headlines for a glory he felt was stripped away from him ten years ago.

Guest Guest

WPS is over - no more professional womens soccer. It looks like UFC is holding a Brooks BBQ to raise money for a team that will play a handful of games in a league that has no 'next level' for their players to go.

I agree, foolish.

Except if you're a competitive college player that is too old for travel clubs and are looking for a place to play over the summer.

Guest guest

Except if you're a competitive college player that is too old for travel clubs and are looking for a place to play over the summer.

Or the 10 high school girls I recognized on the news report

Archived