B-SENS.............YOUR A DISGRACE!!!!!!

Guest Tigh

it was a tie-game last night & you let a goal slide thru with 30 seconds left on the clock!!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? do us all a favor & leave Binghamton!!!!

Calder Cup Champs???? none of you deserve that title!!!!

the little kids that played after 1st period intermission played a better game than you jack wagons!!!!

BOYCOTT THE SEN'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it was a tie-game last night & you let a goal slide thru with 30 seconds left on the clock!!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? do us all a favor & leave Binghamton!!!!

the little kids that played after 1st period intermission played a better game than you jack wagons!!!!

all the pros are coming out of the closet, I bet you can play better.

B-SENS.............YOUR A DISGRACE!!!!!

I bet they could beat you in a spelling bee.

Guest Guest knows

Don't worry Tigh, the Binghamton Rangers are on the Horizon, Just can't come soon enough,. Forget about last years efforts, as there was no reason for that last night. Yes that was aweful ending to the Sens game last night, If the Coach had a backbone like former Coach John Paddock did, That team Would've been right back on that Ice after the game for a practice session. Start the Bus B-sens...

Guest not a hater

First of all....no this is not the Calder Cup team, most of them were called up to Ottowa after last season. Sorry you didnt get to see a good game where they won, but leave Binghamton? Idiot. Yes, lets have something else that is good for the community and family oriented leave the area. Do you tell the Yankees or Giants(or whoever your team is) to leave NY when they dont win? Get a grip and dont take life to seriously(or a farm league hockey team).

Guest Go Bills

First of all....no this is not the Calder Cup team, most of them were called up to Ottowa after last season. Sorry you didnt get to see a good game where they won, but leave Binghamton? Idiot. Yes, lets have something else that is good for the community and family oriented leave the area. Do you tell the Yankees or Giants(or whoever your team is) to leave NY when they dont win? Get a grip and dont take life to seriously(or a farm league hockey team).

The Giants left NY in 1976.

Guest Guest knows

OMG., Guest-not a hater-* has to be a BINGHAMTON BEARCAT BASKETBALL FAN TOO!! 1- 27 RECORD BABY!!! Now Hater sounds Like Grady on the radio!!! Never does he call out the B-Sens when a bad game is Played!!Just keeps on collecting a Paycheck from the team!!! Come-on that was a horrible Game last night!! just listen to there coach coments on the News last night. Don't worry , The B-bens will have company when they relocate!! Make room for the B-mets too, cause there going to Ottawa also... LOL

Guest not a hater

Nope...not a Bearcats fan. Just find it sad that you are so upset over a game and team that I assume you do not play on or receive a paycheck from. Im sure relocating will help these teams win games. These teams give this area something to do besides sit in bars or on BC Voice complaining but never actually doing anything.

Guest Mr Sarcastic

Lets face it--Binghamton's success or lack of can mostly be attributed to what Ottawa feeds us, which for the most part has been garbage over the last 8 or so years.....Last nights ending was a joke, i like the coach calling a spade a spade in the paper also. Anyone there saw #22 David Dzurinski (sp) basically cost the team the game with 2 horrible 3rd period plays. How are you making those mistakes in late February Dave, he should be on his way down 17 or the future 86 and play a few games for Elmira as a reward........I attend about 30 games a year, and my motto has always been a bad hockey game is better than a great basketball game......Look for a 3 year extension to be announced with the Ottawa affiliate as soon as the Sens come to an agreement with the County on an arena lease........ I was at the first game ever played at the arena in 1973, so i have seen my share of pucks. Go to the games, drink a few $7 beers, enjoy the eyecandy........Hey once hockey ends i begin rooting for the NY Mets, so the grass isnt always greener.......GO SENS GO=======OUT

The Giants left NY in 1976.

Not only that, they play a game in NY once every 8 years.

The New Jersey Nets and New Jersey Devils actually play their games CLOSER to NY.

these teams are farm teams. they are there to develop NHL players and coaches. ottawa could care less about the senators record, just that they aren't developing new talent. same goes for the mets.

however, i just heard an interview on the radio with the b-sens coach. he said they aren't giving up on this year, but he doesn't want to make every game a must win. just get back to basics. it's too much pressure on the players otherwise. i think that attitude should get him fired ASAP. that's probably why they suck. every game is a must win game for a professional athlete and most amateurs. i was shocked to hear this from a so called coach.

the B-SENS suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they will lose again saturday night only becayse every team member there is a LOSER .............................watch & see how bad they lose tonight!

Guest The Dusters

Good or Bad what else would bring 4K people downtown on a saturday night in February. Many of these people go out pre-or post game helping out bars and restaurants

• 2 weeks later...

How on earth do you compare this tem to last year's team?? It is a completely different team. They have lost players to the NHL even this season, Daugavins and O'Brien come immediately to mind. This team is young and lacks depth. They've had injuries to top players like Mark Parrish, Corey Locke, Stephane Da Costa and others.

I realize that's the game and that's not an excuse, but you can't compare this team to last year, that's as unfair as it gets.

Guest Reality

OMG., Guest-not a hater-* has to be a BINGHAMTON BEARCAT BASKETBALL FAN TOO!! 1- 27 RECORD BABY!!! Now Hater sounds Like Grady on the radio!!! Never does he call out the B-Sens when a bad game is Played!!Just keeps on collecting a Paycheck from the team!!! Come-on that was a horrible Game last night!! just listen to there coach coments on the News last night. Don't worry , The B-bens will have company when they relocate!! Make room for the B-mets too, cause there going to Ottawa also... LOL

You're calling out the radio broadcaster?? That guy has been here since day one. Dont chirp the guy who won best AHL radio broadcaster last year...

Don't worry Tigh, the Binghamton Rangers are on the Horizon, Just can't come soon enough,. Forget about last years efforts, as there was no reason for that last night. Yes that was aweful ending to the Sens game last night, If the Coach had a backbone like former Coach John Paddock did, That team Would've been right back on that Ice after the game for a practice session. Start the Bus B-sens...

This rumor has been around for years and again, it will be proven wrong....

Andrews' hints at promising news for B-Sens, fans

Guest True Sens Fan

Don,

Good article.... But what is so promising about that? I think people want the B-Sens to leave, so by the re-upping the contract I think the fans see that as a bad thing... Also, everyone jumped on the bandwagon last year and people who hated hockey pretended to be fans... Those people go away when the team does bad. I heard people also say last year after they won the Cup that they didn't care what happened this year, but as always they are back on the hate train. Bi-polar if you ask me.

Don,

Good article.... But what is so promising about that? I think people want the B-Sens to leave, so by the re-upping the contract I think the fans see that as a bad thing... Also, everyone jumped on the bandwagon last year and people who hated hockey pretended to be fans... Those people go away when the team does bad. I heard people also say last year after they won the Cup that they didn't care what happened this year, but as always they are back on the hate train. Bi-polar if you ask me.

I agree wholeheartedly about the fans and I have stated exactly what you said many times... when talking to people as a fan. As a reporter, I have to be very careful with what I write. That's why, my headline points more toward B-Sens fans. I know there are a lot of Ottawa haters here and I get that, but the rumor about the Rangers is just not coming true, at least not for the foreseeable future.

I just wish people would understand you can't have it both ways. You can't have 2,500 fans (or less) come to the games every night and then be surprised when we have no hockey team. This does not apply to all obviously, but a lot of sports fans here only support a winner, which is not how it should work. You don't have to be a fan of the team, but if you are a fan of the sport... put you rear-end in the seat. If you didn't come to watch our players, chances are, the team on the other side of the ice will be good.

Same applies to the B-Mets, they haven't won, people haven't supported the team, or the sport and now we are in danger of losing it. Those same people who aren't supporting the team will whine and complain next season when there is a short-season A-league team on the field and that just pisses me off.

Support the teams NOW, cause they could be gone tomorrow...

Archived