Where is the best place in this area to learn Boxing?

Guest Boxing fan

Guest Boxing fan

I just got done watching, "On Freddie Roach" on HBO. I thought HBO did a great job with this show. Reality TV is a joke these days, but this was the real deal and Freddie is such a genuine guy. It's sad to see boxing these days. It's a dying sport and I can only hope PacMan fights Mayweather soon to help liven the sport up. I like UFC, MMA, etc..., but love boxing.

It got me thinking. Where is the best place in this area to learn boxing? Is there even a boxing gym in Broome County? I'm guessing there isn't, but thought I would ask just in case.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

I just got done watching, "On Freddie Roach" on HBO. I thought HBO did a great job with this show. Reality TV is a joke these days, but this was the real deal and Freddie is such a genuine guy. It's sad to see boxing these days. It's a dying sport and I can only hope PacMan fights Mayweather soon to help liven the sport up. I like UFC, MMA, etc..., but love boxing.

It got me thinking. Where is the best place in this area to learn boxing? Is there even a boxing gym in Broome County? I'm guessing there isn't, but thought I would ask just in case.

I've noticed a Carmen Basilio Boxing Club in the West Windsor area. Their website is under construction but there is some info on this link.

http://www.allaboutw...anizations.html

There use to be, and possibly still is, some boxing club that meets at the Post 80 American Legion on the corner of Main and Walnut Street in Binghamton. Try calling there for more information.

I've noticed a Carmen Basilio Boxing Club in the West Windsor area. Their website is under construction but there is some info on this link.

http://www.allaboutw...anizations.html

this club is doing a great job, my girls do gymnastics at the gym this is held. I see lots of people, all ages, lessons available to suit your needs. when released from drs care, will be heading there.

this club is doing a great job, my girls do gymnastics at the gym this is held. I see lots of people, all ages, lessons available to suit your needs. when released from drs care, will be heading there.

You're currently in Drs. care and when released will start boxing? M'kay

"You're currently in Drs. care and when released will start boxing? M'kay"

Yes, soon as he says my ligament issue is resolved, we have already spoken of it, and I have spoken to the trainer there. glad you know all, can you tell me when I will win the lottery too???

or are you such a jackwagon you assumed it was a serious health issue, not a sports injury? Idiocy reigns supreme still,and that is not an assumption

Yes, soon as he says my ligament issue is resolved, we have already spoken of it, and I have spoken to the trainer there. glad you know all, can you tell me when I will win the lottery too???

or are you such a jackwagon you assumed it was a serious health issue, not a sports injury? Idiocy reigns supreme still,and that is not an assumption

bwahahaha I vote jackwagon!!

I would be more than glad to step into the ring with you and be your sparring partner. I will take personal pleasure in nursing your sports injury back to health.

Didn't Picciano's in Endicott have a place?

Seems to me like a boxing gym in this area would do great business.

I'd rather have these kids in the gym learning how to fight and maybe learn about life than out on the streets.

Guest guest

Endcott YMCA, All 3 MMA gyms offer boxing only clases and the place in Windsor. These are currently the only ones that offer "classes" to train. There are many former competitive boxers in the area that might train you, just have to sniff them out.

Guest Guest

Endcott YMCA, All 3 MMA gyms offer boxing only clases and the place in Windsor. These are currently the only ones that offer "classes" to train. There are many former competitive boxers in the area that might train you, just have to sniff them out.

Thanks and thanks everybody else who responded. I'm going to take a trip to CA this summer and stop at Freddie Roach's Wild Card Boxing Club. I remember a few local boxers. Tim Igo is a guy who comes to mind. Nice guy, haven't talked to him in awhile. I may have to track him down and I'll check out some of the places mentioned in this thread.

Once again, thanks again for the help. Very much appreciated!

Guest Guest

Liberty Street

Archived