Section 4 Wrestling

Guest Scotty Greene

used to be a good section 4 kid was a shoe-in for a state final. now we are struggling to get kids to place in split state format. forget traveling out of state anymore, mediocre in NY.

Get kids to worildwide

I hate to agree with you but you are correct. After following hs wrestling in section 4 for the past 10 years; and traveling to the state tournament each year, I have seen first hand the gap between Section 4 and the rest of the state shrink. No longer are we the feared section four.

Today other wrestlers are hoping to not see a section 5 wrestler in their side of the brackett. I don't think its all because of Gumble though. The loss of all of the spring wrestling clubs hurt significantly but the dedicated wrestlers will find a place to workout. Fingerlakes is starting to "reload" the section four varsity programs but it may take a few years to realize what its like to be #1 again.

I hate to agree with you but you are correct. After following hs wrestling in section 4 for the past 10 years; and traveling to the state tournament each year, I have seen first hand the gap between Section 4 and the rest of the state shrink. No longer are we the feared section four.

Today other wrestlers are hoping to not see a section 5 wrestler in their side of the brackett. I don't think its all because of Gumble though. The loss of all of the spring wrestling clubs hurt significantly but the dedicated wrestlers will find a place to workout. Fingerlakes is starting to "reload" the section four varsity programs but it may take a few years to realize what its like to be #1 again.

Did anyone go to the States and happen to see the kid Reggie Williams lost to in the finals. That kid was a monster.

Did anyone go to the States and happen to see the kid Reggie Williams lost to in the finals. That kid was a monster.

that's the problem. the shen kid is ok, but no monster. expectations have been severly lowered

unforntanely, this is the sad reality of the sport of wrestling in section 4. Everyone can thank RICK Gumble. Rick is a very "political" person in the state of ny. Division 1 section 4 has four kids place at the state tournament. unacceptable!!!!!! 10 years ago as said in the other posts section 4 was a feared section.... not anymore..... Thanks Rick,,,,,,,,,,,,, now combine our section again and section 4 is elite again...... so if we keep on this track of split division crap... we will continue to be very weak as a section... Thanks Rick gumble..... your the best...............If most of you dont know what im talking about is Rick gumble is the one in nystate wrestling who pushed, lobbyed for the split division crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thanks Rick

Guest Coach Roger

unforntanely, this is the sad reality of the sport of wrestling in section 4. Everyone can thank RICK Gumble. Rick is a very "political" person in the state of ny. Division 1 section 4 has four kids place at the state tournament. unacceptable!!!!!! 10 years ago as said in the other posts section 4 was a feared section.... not anymore..... Thanks Rick,,,,,,,,,,,,, now combine our section again and section 4 is elite again...... so if we keep on this track of split division crap... we will continue to be very weak as a section... Thanks Rick gumble..... your the best...............If most of you dont know what im talking about is Rick gumble is the one in nystate wrestling who pushed, lobbyed for the split division crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thanks Rick

I don't think that is true, and he is one of the few coaches in the area that is actually doing his job and coaching his kids all year round

Your frickin' lost.

Rick had nothing to do with it you idiot.

Get a clue,

If PA has a split state then NY can have one seeing how they are the best state in the country every year.

Step your game up and quit crying for the past.

Guest Guest

we will scotty

don't worry, i'll keep brining my all star team up to bend you guys over the barrel at clyde cole and easterns. maybe ill hit up windsor xmas tourney next year too

Guest Guest

Richie the man, the worst thing that could have happened to youth wrestling in the area was letting you get away.

keep your money and keep getting worse

Guest Guest

Keep bringing them Scott. I hate to tell you that your kids are not going to get better wrestling fish every weekend.

don't worry, i'll keep brining my all star team up to bend you guys over the barrel at clyde cole and easterns. maybe ill hit up windsor xmas tourney next year too

Guest Guest

The Shen kid is more than ok.

He's decent. He is like Corey Waite AJ Aronstram good. Would get destroyed by guys like Jordan Glenn, Jon Jones, Loomis,Beckwith, Glennon, Peters

Guest Guest

He's decent. He is like Corey Waite AJ Aronstram good. Would get destroyed by guys like Jordan Glenn, Jon Jones, Loomis,Beckwith, Glennon, Peters

Reggie will be in that class when he is a senior.

Guest Guest

agree

How can you tell, he wrestles no one that knows how to wrestle just uses his strength does not make him a great wrestler like them so get a clue!!!!!!!!

Guest Guest

How can you tell, he wrestles no one that knows how to wrestle just uses his strength does not make him a great wrestler like them so get a clue!!!!!!!!

Luckily,

Strength has nothing to do with quality wrestling at all.

Obviously you could see that at states in the 126 pound class when people tried to move up.

Archived