Brees leaving the Saints

Guest RTCG

Reports from my NFL sources this morning are that Drew Brees is demanding a trade away from the New Orleans Saints, due in part to the BountyGate scandal that will destroy the Saints franchise......Brees wants nothing to do with the team or city any more.

Guest Guest

THAT AND THE SAINTS ARE $5 MILLION SHORT ON THEIR CONTRACT OFFER.

If the last post is Sarcasm - good one.

If truly the RTCG - great insight Captain Obvious ...

Guest Johnny Quist

Can you blame him? New Orleans is a close second to Florida and pretty much the whole south as the arm-pit capital of the US.

Guest Guest

The New Orleans Saints have placed their exclusive-rights franchise tag on quarterback Drew Brees, the team confirmed Saturday.

The Saints were unable to agree to a long-term deal with Brees and didn't want to risk losing him in free agency.

The franchise tag for a quarterback currently carries a $14.4 million salary cap hit, but the number could increase later this spring when the quarterback cap numbers are re-evaluated.

Now Go back to your basements. :wacko:

Guest Guest

NO BRAINER ... Now why would they mess with him and insult him with an offer that was $5 Million low ?

IMO - The Saints can't pay him too much. He literally is that "franchise" ...

Guest Guest

Franchise tag means nothing...he'll either hold-out, demand a trade or retire. Saints are done.

I'v got $14.4 million reasons while he will do none of the above.

Guest Guest

I'v got $14.4 million reasons while he will do none of the above.

That wasn't RTC guy you moron !!!

RTC Guy chipped in with this tidbit of wisdom : "Franchise tag means nothing...he'll either hold-out, demand a trade or retire. Saints are done."

Guest Guest

I can't recall when the RTCG was ever right - I do remember him whining to the Moderators about how mean people were being to him .

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Guest Guest

i have not posted once on this. i do find it hilarious that i could get such a large number of dorks upset at me. try getting a life.

Guest Guest

my only post on this is that the bounty system is that it sure doesn't help a defense play well. they sucked as williams has sucked his whole coaching career.

Guest Insider

Saints will trade the rights to Brees and move up and grab Luck ot RG3. they will then sign Manning bringing him home and allowing him to retire after winning next years Superbowl.

They will also sign Mario Williams and part ways with Jonathan Vilma, who will be the team's scapegoat for Bounty Gate.

All this for less then the 25 million a year Brees is seeking!

Guest Guest

Brees is on his way out of New Orleans. Franchise tag means nothing. He'll hold out or demand to be traded away a-la Carson Palmer. As always I'm right again. This is RTCG reporting.

Archived