The DH

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

How about a good discussion not involving ME, RCGuy, Local Soccer etc etc...

Why do the AL East teams (ala Yanks) continue to be enamored with these NL pitchers? Stats show that the NL hits an average of less than.150 in that eight or nine slot when the pitchers hit. Looking at the NL stats for pitchers the GMs (ala Cashman) should automatically figure their era etc to be fifteen per cent worse when facing the dh. Thoughts?

Guest Guest

How about a good discussion not involving ME, RCGuy, Local Soccer etc etc...

Why do the AL East teams (ala Yanks) continue to be enamored with these NL pitchers? Stats show that the NL hits an average of less than.150 in that eight or nine slot when the pitchers hit. Looking at the NL stats for pitchers the GMs (ala Cashman) should automatically figure their era etc to be fifteen per cent worse when facing the dh. Thoughts?

or get rid of the DH and restore baseball as it was meant to be played?

Guest Guest

or get rid of the DH and restore baseball as it was meant to be played?

That was 40 years ago. Or do you mean like the rules from 60 years before that? Where a walk counted as a hit? Or where it took 4 strikes to strike out and 5 balls to walk? How far should we go back?

Guest Guest

That was 40 years ago. Or do you mean like the rules from 60 years before that? Where a walk counted as a hit? Or where it took 4 strikes to strike out and 5 balls to walk? How far should we go back?

lame argument

Guest Westsider

lame argument

Oh yea because it's so captivating watching the 8 an 9 jitters in the NL( pitcher, ss). The both prolly aren't batting their weight. Double switches and hiitting pitchers are overrated!

Guest Guest

Oh yea because it's so captivating watching the 8 an 9 jitters in the NL( pitcher, ss). The both prolly aren't batting their weight. Double switches and hiitting pitchers are overrated!

the day's player's are the day's player's, period. legal changes are fine. let's use your logic.

big sluggers who don't run well should have full time pinch runners and maybe fielders. players that are good fielders but can't hit should have other people hit for them. players who hit but can't field could have other players play defense for them. then everyone could play every game. you are an idiot. it's a 2nd grade concept. the DH makes a mockery of the game. the only people that don't think so know nothing about sports.

Guest westsider

oh your correct......my bad, i forgot all those pitchers who are such speed demons and run the bases so well! lets not put the pitcher in a as a fielder......whats the first thing the manager tells the pitcher on pop flys......get outta the phukin way and let the real players make the play! what else does the manager say to the pitchers when batting....don't hurt yourself swinging the bat just go up and bunt! My bad........Carlos zambrano is a much better athlete than Raul Ibanez! Moron. have you ever seen Clayton Kershaw swing the bat or run the bases.........case closed!!!!! BOOM

Guest Guest

oh your correct......my bad, i forgot all those pitchers who are such speed demons and run the bases so well! lets not put the pitcher in a as a fielder......whats the first thing the manager tells the pitcher on pop flys......get outta the phukin way and let the real players make the play! what else does the manager say to the pitchers when batting....don't hurt yourself swinging the bat just go up and bunt! My bad........Carlos zambrano is a much better athlete than Raul Ibanez! Moron. have you ever seen Clayton Kershaw swing the bat or run the bases.........case closed!!!!! BOOM

you have to make some sort of point to close your case. not one thing of your post responds to the last point made, and quite frankly, makes no sense at all. good try.

Archived