Noesi and Montero Shine

Guest Cashman Sucks

Guest Cashman Sucks

Ex Yankees Noesi and Montero came up big last night for Seattle. Montero hit a screaming liner over the centerfield fence and added a 2 RBI double. All Noesi did was pitch 8 shutout innings. Montero was his catcher. Meanwhile, Yankee catchers aren't hitting for crap, and the overweight Pinieda is on the DL. I agree, you won't know who won this trade for several years BUT I hated this trade from the beginning. It did not make sense. Noesi was a very talented pitcher, Pinieda had half a good season and then faded badly. These guys are very close in ability. Noesi will probably win more games then Pinieda this year. If that wasn't bad enough we trade heralded catching prospect Montero. This move smelled from the moment it was announced.

Cashman never gives his younbg guys a chance. The grass is always greener with the more expensive veteran players. Austin Jackson is among the league leaders in hitting, Ian kennedy won 21 games last year, Phil Coke is much better then any lefty reliever we have. All of these guys could be playing for a combined salary of a fraction of what Granderson makes. The Granderson money could have been spent elsewhere. Granderson will be a free agent next year and it will cost a fortune to retain him. Meanwhile, the three guys mentioned will be under team control for several more years and much cheaper prices. Cashman simply can't manage the payroll. Other teams are doing more with less.

Guest Guest

What are you - the President of the Montetro / Noesi Admiration Society ?

Tell you what - you keep track of how the Mariners are doing and I'll watch the Yankees. We'll talk in October and compare the stats of Grandy - Ibanez - Pineda, etc. with your future HOFer ex-Yankees.

Kennedy is the only one that you named that "got away" - but if you recall his mouth got him in trouble. No place for a little bitch in the Yankee clubhouse - can't argue with the Yanks letting him go ...

Guest Guest

What are you - the President of the Montetro / Noesi Admiration Society ?

Tell you what - you keep track of how the Mariners are doing and I'll watch the Yankees. We'll talk in October and compare the stats of Grandy - Ibanez - Pineda, etc. with your future HOFer ex-Yankees.

Kennedy is the only one that you named that "got away" - but if you recall his mouth got him in trouble. No place for a little bitch in the Yankee clubhouse - can't argue with the Yanks letting him go ...

I agree but what did Kennedy say? Also he's pitching in the National league now, don't know if he would be as good in the A L Eastl

Guest Guest

Ibanez hit a bomb sunday night

Montero has a .286 BA. and a .270 On base%...how is that even possible. I don't ever remember seeing anything like it.

Guest Guest

Montero has a .286 BA. and a .270 On base%...how is that even possible. I don't ever remember seeing anything like it.

Montero went 0 for 4 last night with 2 k's and left 3 runners on....

Archived