UE Football

Guest Tiger Fan

Does anyone know what the situation is with Sammy Davis?

The Press article does not sound promising. Here's what it said on this:

Sammy Davis, a 180-pound junior and the Tigers’ fastest and most dynamic running back, left the field aboard a stretcher with 6:15 remaining as result of a lower leg injury sustained at the tail end of a 22-yard rush.

While U-E coach Shane Hurd declined to divulge the extent of the injury, the time and care taken for medical personnel to apply a splint coupled with the emotions on the home sideline fairly well illustrated its severity.

The Press article does not sound promising. Here's what it said on this:

Sammy Davis, a 180-pound junior and the Tigers’ fastest and most dynamic running back, left the field aboard a stretcher with 6:15 remaining as result of a lower leg injury sustained at the tail end of a 22-yard rush.

While U-E coach Shane Hurd declined to divulge the extent of the injury, the time and care taken for medical personnel to apply a splint coupled with the emotions on the home sideline fairly well illustrated its severity.

There goes any chance of a decent showing in states

Dislocated and broken ankle.. jesus, that kid gets hurt more than anyone I know! Good player though

Ouch. I did that exact same injury and still 20 years later it bothers me. The break will heal fine. The dislocation can be troublesome depending on tendons and ligaments. Really feel bad for the kid.

Archived