Broome Tech game of the past

Guest Guest

Does anyone rember the Broome Tech game years ago where they scored several points after time had ran out to win the game. When was that I think the headlines read Miracle on Front Street

Does anyone rember the Broome Tech game years ago where they scored several points after time had ran out to win the game. When was that I think the headlines read Miracle on Front Street

I'm no genius but I don't believe it's possible to score several points after time runs out. I've heard of a Broome Tech game where they scored something like 7 points in the last fews seconds.....could that be what you are referring to?

I'm no genius but I don't believe it's possible to score several points after time runs out. I've heard of a Broome Tech game where they scored something like 7 points in the last fews seconds.....could that be what you are referring to?

if there were a few technical fouls at the buzzer there could be points after, no?

if there were a few technical fouls at the buzzer there could be points after, no?

I guess it depends on your definition of "several". Also, the op states that points were scored after time runs out so if the technicals happened after the final buzzer I don't think shots would be awarded. Before or at the buzzer maybe so.The story I remember hearing did not mention technical fouls nor points being scored after the buzzer. Broome Tech made a basket and a foul shot, stole the inbounds pass and scored and stole it again and scored all in a few seconds.I hope someone can confirm this.

The reason I asked is that i am researching some old local sports stories. I thought this may have come from the press archives which I hear is in the Binghamton library ?

Did'nt realize that actual newspaper pages were on line. Thanks.

Wow...the historical newspaper website is great!

Just wondering...

I see The Binghamton Press archives stop in the year 1969.

Is there a website that has archives for the Binghamton Press for the 1970s-80s?

Thanks in advance.

Archived