Which specifically are the BCS Bowl Games?

Guest Guest

The sports commentators are ALWAYS talking about the BCS Bowl Games. BUT, they NEVER tell which games they are!

Does anyone here know FOR SURE which are the BCS Bowl Games?

Thanks much!

(I'm sure the National Championship game is one of them, but which are the others)?

So then is this what they mean by the BCS Series:

1.) the Top 2 teams in the final season standings (does the stadium change yearly?)

2.) the Orange Bowl in Miami Fla.

3.) the Sugar Bowl in New Orleans

4.) the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, Calif.

5.) the Fiesta Bowl in Glendale, Arizona

The answer to that and most other questions you may have on this topic are at that same website, the official site of the BCS.

I find the whole BCS thing confusing. Some people say that all 35 bowl games are BCS games, but others say that NO: only FIVE (5) of the bowl games are BCS games.

The best that I can figure is that there are ONLY FIVE (5) BCS Bowl games, including the National Championship Game. It appears to me that those five (5) games are ALWAYS played in ONLY FOUR (4) stadiums, with the 5th game; the National Championship Game rotating year to year between the 4 stadiums. The 4 stadiums are: 1.) The Sugar Bowl in New Orleans 2.) the Fiesta Bowl in Glendale, Arizona 3.) The Orange Bowl in Miami, Florida, and 4.) The Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California.

This year the National Championship Game will be played in Southern Florida, in Miami's Orange Bowl, I believe. The 2 teams are: Notre Dame, and Alabama.

So, does anyone know if I've finally got the whole thing figured out correctly?

I find the whole BCS thing confusing. Some people say that all 35 bowl games are BCS games, but others say that NO: only FIVE (5) of the bowl games are BCS games.

The best that I can figure is that there are ONLY FIVE (5) BCS Bowl games, including the National Championship Game. It appears to me that those five (5) games are ALWAYS played in ONLY FOUR (4) stadiums, with the 5th game; the National Championship Game rotating year to year between the 4 stadiums. The 4 stadiums are: 1.) The Sugar Bowl in New Orleans 2.) the Fiesta Bowl in Glendale, Arizona 3.) The Orange Bowl in Miami, Florida, and 4.) The Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California.

This year the National Championship Game will be played in Southern Florida, in Miami's Orange Bowl, I believe. The 2 teams are: Notre Dame, and Alabama.

So, does anyone know if I've finally got the whole thing figured out correctly?

Yeah, we did at the BCS website posted above.

Not sure why you posted what had already been figured out above, i.e. just the 5 bowls.

Archived