STAC Soccer Recruits

Guest Guest

I think the individual talent of soccer in the area has gone under the radar this season. As far as I know, three local players are headed to play division I soccer, and there might be more i'm unaware of.

Mike Rood (SV) - heading to Hartwick

Alex Varkatzas (Elm) - heading to Binghamton

Mac Felton (Ves) -heading to Buffalo

There are more quality players in the area heading to other schools including D-II and D-III schools. Anyone else know where other players are going?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest soccerfan2

who really cares! Going and playing are 2 different things. Let's see how the fare and if they actually make the rosters. 2 of the 3 you mentioned are totally unproven and had little impact on their team's success.

What? 2 of the 3 are the main reason for anything their team did (Rood & Alex), and if you doubt the importance of Mac why did Vestal struggle so much after his injury? A healthy Mac with his touch 100% could really have changed the way their season ended. Alex may have been a head case off and on but no question Elmira was only ever going as far as he could take them. Rood had a great run at the end of the season, the performance he had in the Section 4 Final may have been one of the best games I ever saw a HS player have. I left at halftime to go watch the ME/Vestal game because he basically ended it before halftime.

I agree that they may or may not have success in college but don't disregard what they all were in HS.

Guest soccerfan2

What? 2 of the 3 are the main reason for anything their team did (Rood & Alex), and if you doubt the importance of Mac why did Vestal struggle so much after his injury? A healthy Mac with his touch 100% could really have changed the way their season ended. Alex may have been a head case off and on but no question Elmira was only ever going as far as he could take them. Rood had a great run at the end of the season, the performance he had in the Section 4 Final may have been one of the best games I ever saw a HS player have. I left at halftime to go watch the ME/Vestal game because he basically ended it before halftime.

I agree that they may or may not have success in college but don't disregard what they all were in HS.

The notes imply all are Div 1 players when they have not even started. someone mentions individual soccer talent as under the radar, and all I am noting is that just because someone maybe going to a Div 1 school does not mean anything until they prove themselves. As for Vestal players, so Mac scores 6 goals in a match or whatever, the Vestal boys did not have it as a team and no one player will win a match. By the way didn't they get beat by Elmira? This is why its a who cares, when it comes to the big match, the talent shows itself as in your case with Rood. Don't think Vestal scored against ME and all I seen was players trying to be a one man show...does not work. The players noted may make it, just don't think they all are dominate in the tough matches. So Varkatzas goes to BU...not a big deal as Marco likes to have a couple of locals for looks, unless of course they are truly dominant then they will play. we will see

Archived