Jordan Thomas to play football at Delaware

Guest Guest

University of Delaware has a new head coach Dave Brock who was the OC from Rutgers. Blue Hen message board suggests Thomas will transfer to Delaware to play football under Brock. He would be the second RB from UE (Last was Norris) to play at Delaware.

http://www.gohens.net/boards/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=15082

"Among #BlueHens Dave Brock will coach is transfer Jordan Thomas. Led Rutgers in rushing in '10, moved to DB, left to run track at Binghamton."

University of Delaware has a new head coach Dave Brock who was the OC from Rutgers. Blue Hen message board suggests Thomas will transfer to Delaware to play football under Brock. He would be the second RB from UE (Last was Norris) to play at Delaware.

http://www.gohens.net/boards/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=15082

"Among #BlueHens Dave Brock will coach is transfer Jordan Thomas. Led Rutgers in rushing in '10, moved to DB, left to run track at Binghamton."

What does he have, 1 year left?

What does he have, 1 year left?

I believe he has two years left....as I understand the NCAA rules you get 4 years per sport. If he played two years of football at Rutgers and then a year of track at Binghamton he would still have two years of football left.

I believe he has two years left....as I understand the NCAA rules you get 4 years per sport. If he played two years of football at Rutgers and then a year of track at Binghamton he would still have two years of football left.

I wonder how that Powlas kid played 4years of hoops at Duke and only 1year off football at Syracuse?

I wonder how that Powlas kid played 4years of hoops at Duke and only 1year off football at Syracuse?

I think he was able to do that because he didn't redshirt. Kind of an odd rule, it didn't exist in my day.

http://www.gohens.ne...php?f=1&t=15082

This is kind of odd. But, if true, it does reinforce my suspicion that he did not have a full ride at Rutgers and that’s why he left. The move to DB wasn't going well.

This is kind of odd. But, if true, it does reinforce my suspicion that he did not have a full ride at Rutgers and that’s why he left. The move to DB wasn't going well.

There are no such things as partial rides in Division I football. He had a full ride. Although among the unconfirmed rumors I heard; he wanted to play DB at Rutgers and requested the change, he had too many concussions and couldn't play football anymore, although I guess him going to Delaware disproves that rumor.

Athletes, like Greg Paulus, who graduate can transfer to another academic institution and get an additional year of eligibility if they enroll in a graduate program that is not available at their previous school.

Its official in the Delaware local news Jordan Thomas is transfering to Delaware.

http://www.delawareo...?nclick_check=1

Hen scratch

. ... Well before Brock’s hiring, Delaware secured a transfer from Rutgers. Jordan Thomas was recruited as a wide receiver but became the Scarlet Knights’ leading rusher as a freshman in 2010 with 417 yards on 95 carries (4.4-yard average) and also had nine kick returns for 155 yards. He was a backup defensive back in 2011 but returned 16 kicks for 310 yards. He didn’t play football last fall. ...

• 7 months later...

Hey does anyone know if Jordan is starting at Delaware? Is he the RB this year? Interested how he does there after starting as a true freshman at Rutgers.

He is a DB at U of Del

Guest TigerPaw

DEFENSE 1st Team 2nd Team

LE 46 Laith Wallschleger (Jr., 6-4, 270) 90 Derrick Saulsberry (Jr., 6-3, 240)

LT 93 Karon Gibson (So., 5-10, 285) 98 Logan Shultz (Jr., 6-3, 295) or 99 Irv Titre (Sr., 6-0, 295)

RT 94 Zach Kerr (Sr., 6-2, 310) 58 Josh Plummer (So., 6-2, 315)

RE 59 Vince Hollerman (So., 6-2, 235) 72 David Tinsley (So., 6-0, 285)

SLB 7 Jeff Williams (So., 6-2, 200) 41 Kennedy Ogbonna (Jr., 5-11, 210)

MLB 44 Patrick Callaway (Jr., 5-10, 215) 45 Chris Corvino (Jr., 6-2, 225)

WLB 32 Kyle Gayle (Jr., 6-2, 220) 25 David Mackall (Sr,. 6-3 245)

CB 1 Travis Hawkins (Sr., 5-10, 195) 9 Roman Tatum (Fr., 5-11, 175)

FS 11 Jake Giusti (Sr., 5-11, 190) 23 Mario Rowson (Jr., 6-3, 210)

SS 3 Craig Brodsky (So., 5-11, 200) 24 Ryan Torzsa (Fr., 6-2, 190)

CB 29 Jordan Thomas (Jr,. 6-1, 195) 12 Mark Doe (Fr.r, 5-9, 160)

He was suspended for academic reasons last season. I'm guessing that he has been dismissed from the team for this season for that reason.

So in other words Smith failed out

Guest The Man

I think he was able to do that because he didn't redshirt. Kind of an odd rule, it didn't exist in my day.

If a player graduates in 4 years, and has used only 3 years of Eligibility, he can transfer for Grad School at no penalty, See Russell Wilson. If player uses all 4 years in those 4 years, he can play one year of another sport, see Greg Paulus

Archived