Crooks loses in finals

Guest SPARENT

Guest SPARENT

The same old story for M.E. Crooks loses the STAC championship. M.E. can never get over the hump and win a STAC title in anything.

Guest Guest
The same old story for M.E. Crooks loses the STAC championship. M.E. can never get over the hump and win a STAC title in anything.

Troll alert.

Guest Guest

STAC titles are overrated, meaningless and worthless. In every sport that has a STAC title, there is a much more important Section 4 title and state playoffs. Teams have RESTED players in STAC title games to prepare and protect for Sectionals, that's how meaningless they are.

Guest Guest

That certainly wasn't the case here. The same pitchers pitched every game for M-E. Also, I would say that a STAC title can mean more for a smaller school, because that means they are the best across many classes in section IV (basically). I've seen teams in class B, C etc. win state titles, but couldn't come close to winning a STAC title. It also depends on the sport.

Guest Guest
STAC titles are overrated, meaningless and worthless. In every sport that has a STAC title, there is a much more important Section 4 title and state playoffs. Teams have RESTED players in STAC title games to prepare and protect for Sectionals, that's how meaningless they are.

I wouldn't say they're meaningless, but certainly agree coaches aren't going to go out of their way to win the STAC title if it's going to hinder their Section 4 title chances.

Guest Guest

Coaches always say that Sectionals are more important. That is the shame of High School Athletics in this area. We only want to beat schools "our size." You should want to win your league where you have to play against everyone, not just teams with the same enrollment. That is why we NEVER have any good athletes around here. Oh...someone tell me that someone from here is going to play Division One Baseball at LeMoyne or BU. That is super for those kids and their families but I want to know when we have an impact player perform at a Big Time school in any sport. Who did we have in the NCAA Tournament? Who will we have in the College World Series? Who did we have play in a Major College Bowl game? The Cortica Jug is not part of a Major Bowl game by the way. I am not bashing kids from here, I am stating the truth. We have really nice boys and girls that try hard and have alot of fun which is great. The problem in this area starts with the fact that it is more important to beat teams from our size schools than to beat THE TOP teams around.

Guest Guest-shadow8-*
Coaches always say that Sectionals are more important. That is the shame of High School Athletics in this area. We only want to beat schools "our size." You should want to win your league where you have to play against everyone, not just teams with the same enrollment. That is why we NEVER have any good athletes around here. Oh...someone tell me that someone from here is going to play Division One Baseball at LeMoyne or BU. That is super for those kids and their families but I want to know when we have an impact player perform at a Big Time school in any sport. Who did we have in the NCAA Tournament? Who will we have in the College World Series? Who did we have play in a Major College Bowl game? The Cortica Jug is not part of a Major Bowl game by the way. I am not bashing kids from here, I am stating the truth. We have really nice boys and girls that try hard and have alot of fun which is great. The problem in this area starts with the fact that it is more important to beat teams from our size schools than to beat THE TOP teams around.

WOW

Maybe - just maybe .....

winning and athletics aren't everything?????

BTW - are you responsible for the crappy weather we've been having? I just hate it when we can't practice 24/7/365.

Guest Guest

1. Because in the winter it is 65 degrees and you can play year 'round

2. It takes strong kids to herd the cattle.

3. If they are not herding cattle, Daddy's in the oil business and can afford to pay whatever it takes.

4. Better facilities - because you can play year 'round

5. Better coaches - because you can play year 'round

I could keep going, but instead of trashing the kids around here, why don't we start supporting them????

@@@@@

Guest Guest
Athletics are not everything but if you want to talk about flowers or restaurants then go to a different thread.

The way you guys talk, we would not have any athletic events within 300 miles of Binghamton. Who is in the world series, who is this or that.

** We NEVER have any good athletes around here

** I want to know when we have an impact player

** Who did we have play in a Major College Bowl game

You should want to win your league where you have to play against everyone - PLEASE TELL ME WHICH OF THE 4 TEAMS TRIED TO LOSE?

Until you get off your high horse and maybe even try out for the team, the rest of us have no use for you.

@

Guest Guest

Well I wouldn't say we have NO athletes around here that have gone nowhere. Jerry D'Amigo is playing for the national junior team and has gotten offers from schools like BC and BU (Boston U), two powerhouses in hockey. Emily Cummings started for nationally third ranked Wake Forest field hockey team and won first team all south region honors as a freshman. And they went to the final four. Michelle Stout won some individual national championship for gymnastics for Alabama, a power house in gymnastics. Josh Glenn won the national championship for his weight class in wrestling at American. So while there aren't many, there are some "big time" athletes in this area.

Guest Guest

What - - a voice of reason??

I can hear it now - Hockey?, Field Hockey? Wrestling? Gymnastics?

Are they D1 or one of those really D1 schools?

Are any of them on the Olympic team?

Those who belittle the local athletes should step up and show the rest of us what you are made of. Until then, hide behind your little computers and keep quoting Real Sports Mind who is really sports mindless. He is the true evaluator of trash talking.

And ... keep thinking that every team goes into the game trying to lose - - NOT

Guest Guest

I would have bet my life on this comment-you people never let us down . Great job this season Crooks and players!!

Guest guest

I'm from CV and i say congrats to M.E. on a great season so far, i feel bad you guys are feeling some of what we've felt for so long on here, people from CV dont come on here all cocky at all, all we do is defend ourselves when people come bashing us. if we were bad its one thing, but we have had a great sports year regardless of what happens. personally i think that it should have been a CV and ME clash in the championship game.. that's what people wanted, but things happens, its sports. so whoever has a problem, like that realsportsmind idiot that waits to rip on cv, chill..CV along with ME are most likely better than wherever the hell you go

Guest Guest
What - - a voice of reason??

I can hear it now - Hockey?, Field Hockey? Wrestling? Gymnastics?

Are they D1 or one of those really D1 schools?

Are any of them on the Olympic team?

Those who belittle the local athletes should step up and show the rest of us what you are made of. Until then, hide behind your little computers and keep quoting Real Sports Mind who is really sports mindless. He is the true evaluator of trash talking.

And ... keep thinking that every team goes into the game trying to lose - - NOT

The real sports mind is a sport genius. Stop hating on a true talent evaluator. :lol:

Guest The real sports mind

I would have bet my life on this comment-you people never let us down . Great job this season Crooks and players!!

I would say ME is overrated, but that would not be a true talent evaluation. Crooks did a great job with those kids. Congrats ME baseball on a great season.

CV baseball = choked on the big pressure

ME baseball = no one expected them to win, so they did not choke.

Truth = truth

The real sports mind is unstoppable with his sports analysis.

CV BASEBALL = overrated. :lol::lol::lol:

Guest hello

Hello, Jim Johnson was pitching in the 9th innning against the Yankees tonight and Isiah Kaz was a Super Bowl captain.

Guest Guest
The real sports mind is a sport genius. Stop hating on a true talent evaluator

What's the matter - pressure getting to you

Real Sports Mind = Real Sports Mindless

And can't get out of his couch potato lifestyle to actually participate.

@

Guest Guest
What's the matter - pressure getting to you

Real Sports Mind = Real Sports Mindless

And can't get out of his couch potato lifestyle to actually participate.

Wow, that is original.

Guest guest

Maine Endwell did a great job this year and so did the other teams in the STAC Championship games. Good job Coach Crooks and the Varsity team. You all have alot to be proud of!

Archived