JIm Johnson signs record contract

Guest Guest

Former U.E. legend Jim Johnson signed a contract for the 2013 season for 6.5 million dollars. The majors save leader from last season has signed the larges 1 year

pro contract of any athlete to ever come out of a Broome County school.

Former U.E. legend Jim Johnson signed a contract for the 2013 season for 6.5 million dollars. The majors save leader from last season has signed the larges 1 year

pro contract of any athlete to ever come out of a Broome County school.

And unfortunately he still gets sh*t on here for some reason.

Well done Jim, a well deserved payday....congrats!!

And unfortunately he still gets sh*t on here for some reason.

Some guy or gal from Broome County could find a cure for cancer and they'd get sh*t on here.

Great job JJ! Congrats!

Guest Chuck Burger

Some guy or gal from Broome County could find a cure for cancer and they'd get sh*t on here.

Great job JJ! Congrats!

He is severely overrated.

Facts = Facts.

If it wasn't for JJ, the Orioles move on past the Yanks. JJ cost the Orioles that series. $6.5 by MLB standards is chump change and only 1 year? That tells you what the Orioles think of him to only give him 1 year.

If it wasn't for JJ, the Orioles move on past the Yanks. JJ cost the Orioles that series. $6.5 by MLB standards is chump change and only 1 year? That tells you what the Orioles think of him to only give him 1 year.

I agree 100% with your assessment.

Guest UE Rules

Yeah 6.5 million for one year is chump change you fucking loser ... That's more then you will make in your entire family's lives. Jimmy , congrats you make us proud. The old saying jealously will get you nowhere, rings true on BC fucking joke voice......It's truly amazing what UE has produced in the last 12 years......stop hating already and be proud of what the local guys have accomplished. just try to even imagine another school district in the entire country that has produced what UE has done in the past 12 years ........it's simply amazing, and if you dispute this, your a complete fucking idiot.

..It's truly amazing what UE has produced in the last 12 years...

No doubt about it. And it's pretty darn neat too!

just try to even imagine another school district in the entire country that has produced what UE has done in the past 12 years ........it's simply amazing, and if you dispute this, your a complete deleted idiot.

Let me ask you something. How would you know? Do you think for one moment more than a few dozen non-Broome County people living in California have a clue that Art Jones, Jon Jones, Chandler Jones and Jimmy Johnson all went to the same high school in the last decade? HOW would they know? How would you know whether or not one high school had three NFLers at the present time?

While I cannot recall specifics, on several occasions I've read of a high school that had a handful of graduates playing in the top level of their sport. I am not talking out of my butt, I've followed sports quite closely over the decades and for over 25 years read probably 90% of the feature articles in the sports section of USA Today and several magazines that often highlight stuff like this. It's really neat to finally have a local example!

What the three Jone's and Mr Johnson have accomplished is quite amazing and trust me, for the most part the local community is very proud and to be honest, in awe. But to think U-E has a monopoly on such things nationwide is being purely naive.

Guest Chuck Burger

Yeah 6.5 million for one year is chump change you fucking loser ... That's more then you will make in your entire family's lives. Jimmy , congrats you make us proud. The old saying jealously will get you nowhere, rings true on BC fucking joke voice......It's truly amazing what UE has produced in the last 12 years......stop hating already and be proud of what the local guys have accomplished. just try to even imagine another school district in the entire country that has produced what UE has done in the past 12 years ........it's simply amazing, and if you dispute this, your a complete fucking idiot.

I dispute it, he is severely overrated. Case closed.

Facts = Facts

Guest Scott Boras

The guy avoids arbitration, leverages his last year's performance with another good year and then signs the big money three year deal.

Over-rated? Hardly.

Point is, he is a local young man achieving great things in baseball and making over $6,000,000 this season.

And since baseball players get paid only during the season, it's about $40,000 each day.

Only a few closers make huge money.

If he has another great year, he'll cash a bigger check.

I dispute it, he is severely overrated. Case closed.

Facts = Facts

I agree, he is very overrated. Every time I turn on a game he is blowing a save. Hey 6 million aint what it used to be eh?

just try to even imagine another school district in the entire country that has produced what UE has done in the past 12 years

No imagination needed, dozens of schools are well beyond what U-E has done. Here's a few well-known examples

Long Beach Poly- The all-time leader in NFL players from one school. Currently 6 players in NFL led by DeShawn Jackson. They also have 5 players in MLB the top being Chase Utley who's 7 year/$85 Million makes Johnsons money look like nothing. 11 current pros and a history that is way beyond anything all of Section 4 has done combined. (Tony Gwynn, Billie Jean King, and more)

Serra HS-San Mateo, Ca- Only the home of Barry Bonds, Tom Brady Lynn Swan and many many others but those three make the UE players look like nothing.

DeMatha HS-Washington DC Basketball is the main sport-over 15 NBA draft picks since 1985 Add to it numerous NFL players, MLB players also. Always voted in the top ten HS Sports programs in America.

If you want the top NBA "school" of all time its easily Oak Hill Academy but I don't count it. They recruit the top players to help them get college eligible but they have 25 NBA players list as alumni.

Hey but you are right no school can imagine doing what UE has done..FYI I am a Tiger Alum just someone who sees a much bigger picture

I love it the gy who posted Facts = Facts didnt list any?? Here are the stats and the facts.

Rolaids Relief Man Award 2012'

Major League Baseball Delivery Man Award 2012

Major League Baseball saves champion 2012

On September 21, 2012 Johnson set the Orioles' all-time single season save record at 46, passing Randy Myers. Johnson recorded his 50th save of the season on September 30 after a win over the Boston Red Sox. With the win, Baltimore clinched a post-season berth and Johnson became the 10th pitcher in MLB history to record 50 saves or more.[

On July 1, 2012, Johnson was one of three Orioles selected to play in the 2012 All Star Game.[5]

2012 Johnson, JimJim Johnson* Baltimore Orioles Wins /Loses 2–1 Saves 51 TS 0 BS 3 ERA 2.49 WHIP 1.019

I agree, he is very overrated. Every time I turn on a game he is blowing a save. Hey 6 million aint what it used to be eh?

Very true. One good year doesn't make a player, just think what 6 million doesn't get you these days. Unbelievable.

I love it the gy who posted Facts = Facts didnt list any?? Here are the stats and the facts.

Rolaids Relief Man Award 2012'

Major League Baseball Delivery Man Award 2012

Major League Baseball saves champion 2012

On September 21, 2012 Johnson set the Orioles' all-time single season save record at 46, passing Randy Myers. Johnson recorded his 50th save of the season on September 30 after a win over the Boston Red Sox. With the win, Baltimore clinched a post-season berth and Johnson became the 10th pitcher in MLB history to record 50 saves or more.[

On July 1, 2012, Johnson was one of three Orioles selected to play in the 2012 All Star Game.[5]

2012 Johnson, JimJim Johnson* Baltimore Orioles Wins /Loses 2–1 Saves 51 TS 0 BS 3 ERA 2.49 WHIP 1.019

Here's another fact you left out. Actually, the BIGGEST FACT OF ALL:

No imagination needed, dozens of schools are well beyond what U-E has done. Here's a few well-known examples

Long Beach Poly- The all-time leader in NFL players from one school. Currently 6 players in NFL led by DeShawn Jackson. They also have 5 players in MLB the top being Chase Utley who's 7 year/$85 Million makes Johnsons money look like nothing. 11 current pros and a history that is way beyond anything all of Section 4 has done combined. (Tony Gwynn, Billie Jean King, and more)

Serra HS-San Mateo, Ca- Only the home of Barry Bonds, Tom Brady Lynn Swan and many many others but those three make the UE players look like nothing.

DeMatha HS-Washington DC Basketball is the main sport-over 15 NBA draft picks since 1985 Add to it numerous NFL players, MLB players also. Always voted in the top ten HS Sports programs in America.

If you want the top NBA "school" of all time its easily Oak Hill Academy but I don't count it. They recruit the top players to help them get college eligible but they have 25 NBA players list as alumni.

Hey but you are right no school can imagine doing what UE has done..FYI I am a Tiger Alum just someone who sees a much bigger picture

Good point in 2009 Dematha High In MD had 7 players in the NFL.

DEMATHA DEROCKS: The high school with the most current NFL players is DeMatha Catholic (Hyattsville, Md.) with seven. Those players are Quinn Ojinaka (Falcons), John Owens (Seahawks), Derek Wake (Dolphins), Brian Westbrook (Eagles), Byron Westbrook (Redskins), Josh Wilson (Seahawks) and Edwin Williams (Redskins).

Archived