State of the City Review

Guest Trump

Between the $50,000 Tarik is making (an independent media guru), and $35,000 for Andrew Block (the Media Director) you'd think they could get the microphone to work before the speech... After all, these people work in this building five days a week!

Aside from the technical difficulties, it seems the speech was centered around the announcement of a series of commissions. I thought that's what the Neighborhood Assemblies were for?

And just out of curiosity, someone who was there, or someone who may have seen the audience shot better than me: was that Affify in the 2nd row, under the yellow turban? Who the hell does this guy think he is showing his face at city hall..

I got a little sea sick watching Ryan swaying violent from side to side through the whole thing.

I had the TV on the wrong channel ( channel 4, I never watch these things on TV but couldn't get to the City Hall on time tonight). I heard the last half hour. I'll read up and get back with my review.

The whole spech was full of contradictions and generalities.

For instance Ryan thanked the firefighters for concessions in their contract and in the next breath said fixed personnel cost had gone up $2.8 million this year. What concessions did firefighters make?

And of course there were the traditional Ryan trademarks of plans to plan to make plans.

One can't forget the gratuitous reference to ppppartititicipppatory democracy and transparency!!!

More to follow.

I got a little sea sick watching Ryan swaying violent from side to side through the whole thing.

I had the TV on the wrong channel ( channel 4, I never watch these things on TV but couldn't get to the City Hall on time tonight). I heard the last half hour. I'll read up and get back with my review.

The whole spech was full of contradictions and generalities.

For instance Ryan thanked the firefighters for concessions in their contract and in the next breath said fixed personnel cost had gone up $2.8 million this year. What concessions did firefighters make?

And of course there were the traditional Ryan trademarks of plans to plan to make plans.

One can't forget the gratuitous reference to ppppartititicipppatory democracy and transparency!!!

More to follow.

Please Ed get a life. or better yet shut your mouth. Move back to Canada you DELETED!

Ed not allowed, by using one of his other names, this time 'poeticjustice', is just further proof of his insanity. He will also use the name 'Ray'. On the bc voice he answers his owm posts by just being a 'guest'. What he does is - he makes a post as himself and then answers his own post to make it look like someone actually agrees with him. He then will answer that post that he answered. He does it here all the time.

Where does he find the time?

His using these aliases is not what proves his insanity. It is his actually thinking that the pressconnects staff and the regular readers do not see it. Poeticjustice is so angry about me not ansering the charges!! Oh my!!

I will now include my earlier post so there is no confusion. Ray , poeticjustice, or Ed not allowed will follow. I am sure.

From earlier today:

Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:17 pm

Ed not allowed has a problem. It is with credibility. This is a man who was arrested in Canada for harassing a newspaper, over the internet, with rants of his unhappiness over whatever his obsession was at that time. Like OJ, Mr not allowed had the criminal charges dropped, but the newspaper did succeed in getting a restraining order against him. This is not the only site that he attacks each day. He posts over 100 times a day on various sites. He begins early in the morning - today at 4am - and ends into the evening.

He is obsessed with Mayor Ryan. Obsessed in the John Hinckley (Shot president Reagan) fashion of obsession. No matter what the Mayor says he will post on the internet against it. He has challenged the mayor to a fist fight on the bc voice. He is a scary.

It is not just his cyber stalking that is scary. not allowed is not a Binghamton resident but yet attends all neighborhood meetings that he knows the mayor will attend. Never saying anything but just sitting in a room of neighbors from a side of town, in a city, that he does not live. This is stalking in any definition of the word. Hollywood stars get it all the time and it is odd that a small town mayor should have to put up with it. But he does.

Mr not allowed asks many times, in his posts here and on the bc voice, for the Mayor to answer his charges. Could you imagine any elected official answering the charges of the una bomber? Or John Kennedy answering Lee Oswalds rants about Cuba. This nut case not allowed has no governmental experience but yet considers himself an expert in all of it. Hey, all of us have our opinions and a right to question our elected officials but this nut thinks that he is the "know it all' of anything that the Mayor is working on. Hotels, falling down buildings, snow removal, grants to get rid of blight, federal aid for neighborhoods, youth programs, gangs, police budgets, personnel hirings. I once had a college professor who would give us an assignment to prove wrong our own beliefs on a given issue. It is easy if you have a brain. When I read the morning paper I already know that Mr not allowed has posted (if I read after 8am) and what it is he has said - It will be the opposite of the Mayor's. Our state hospital has an entire ward of middle aged failures who think they have all the answers.

Ed not allowed, by using one of his other names, this time 'poeticjustice', is just further proof of his insanity. He will also use the name 'Ray'. On the bc voice he answers his owm posts by just being a 'guest'. What he does is - he makes a post as himself and then answers his own post to make it look like someone actually agrees with him. He then will answer that post that he answered. He does it here all the time.

Where does he find the time?

His using these aliases is not what proves his insanity. It is his actually thinking that the pressconnects staff and the regular readers do not see it. Poeticjustice is so angry about me not ansering the charges!! Oh my!!

I will now include my earlier post so there is no confusion. Ray , poeticjustice, or Ed not allowed will follow. I am sure.

From earlier today:

Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:17 pm

Ed not allowed has a problem. It is with credibility. This is a man who was arrested in Canada for harassing a newspaper, over the internet, with rants of his unhappiness over whatever his obsession was at that time. Like OJ, Mr not allowed had the criminal charges dropped, but the newspaper did succeed in getting a restraining order against him. This is not the only site that he attacks each day. He posts over 100 times a day on various sites. He begins early in the morning - today at 4am - and ends into the evening.

He is obsessed with Mayor Ryan. Obsessed in the John Hinckley (Shot president Reagan) fashion of obsession. No matter what the Mayor says he will post on the internet against it. He has challenged the mayor to a fist fight on the bc voice. He is a scary.

It is not just his cyber stalking that is scary. not allowed is not a Binghamton resident but yet attends all neighborhood meetings that he knows the mayor will attend. Never saying anything but just sitting in a room of neighbors from a side of town, in a city, that he does not live. This is stalking in any definition of the word. Hollywood stars get it all the time and it is odd that a small town mayor should have to put up with it. But he does.

Mr not allowed asks many times, in his posts here and on the bc voice, for the Mayor to answer his charges. Could you imagine any elected official answering the charges of the una bomber? Or John Kennedy answering Lee Oswalds rants about Cuba. This nut case not allowed has no governmental experience but yet considers himself an expert in all of it. Hey, all of us have our opinions and a right to question our elected officials but this nut thinks that he is the "know it all' of anything that the Mayor is working on. Hotels, falling down buildings, snow removal, grants to get rid of blight, federal aid for neighborhoods, youth programs, gangs, police budgets, personnel hirings. I once had a college professor who would give us an assignment to prove wrong our own beliefs on a given issue. It is easy if you have a brain. When I read the morning paper I already know that Mr not allowed has posted (if I read after 8am) and what it is he has said - It will be the opposite of the Mayor's. Our state hospital has an entire ward of middle aged failures who think they have all the answers.

Actually, there are many REGISTERED USERS on this site who agree with Ed. Those who don't are typicalls GUESTS.

And what did that have to do with the State of the City Address?

"Friend of Binghamton" from the post above. Ed was at NewsChannel 34 and then at WBNG all afternon while Ray and PoeticJustice were posting on Pressconnects. He is not them.

Keep telling yourself he is if you like but he's not.

Is that all you have?

You cannot address a single issue. You think people care about your opinion of Ed when crime is increasing by 42% in 18 months, when taxes rose 15% in two years and will rise more this year? When Ryan talks about fiscal responsibilty and hires Sustainable Development Coordinators that nobody has a clue what they will even do!

Don't you think people watched that pathetic State of City Address with all its platitudes, generalities, and hot air; more plans to plan to make plans.

People have caught on.

They know Ryan is finished.

The know he is surrounded by dregs, like Dessauer who might be indicted any day by the feds in their still open investigation, left wing nuts like Tarik Abdelazim, and inexperienced kids like A&W Block. People all know now of Mayor Ryan's long history of abusing and harassing women. People understand all the trouble brewing with the police because they think he is a piece of crap.

PEOPLE NOW GET IT.

SLAM ED ALL YOU WANT. IT WON'T CHANGE A THING. IT ONLY MAKES IT THAT MUCH MORE OBVIOUS YOU HAVE NO LEGITIMATE RESPONSES.

I've got a good feeling "Friend of Binghamton " is maybe Mary Pat Hyland. She came up with this idea Ed was Ray and Poeticjustice first.

Where is Mary Pat now that she got fired?

Certainly she would be angry enough with Ed for pointing out what a lousy journalist she was just when she got fired!

Between the $50,000 Tarik is making (an independent media guru), and $35,000 for Andrew Block (the Media Director) you'd think they could get the microphone to work before the speech... After all, these people work in this building five days a week!

Aside from the technical difficulties, it seems the speech was centered around the announcement of a series of commissions. I thought that's what the Neighborhood Assemblies were for?

And just out of curiosity, someone who was there, or someone who may have seen the audience shot better than me: was that Affify in the 2nd row, under the yellow turban? Who the hell does this guy think he is showing his face at city hall..

Ryan made a few errors in his speech. He stated that the Bush admin was responsable for fiscal problems by citys such as Bing. Congress is to blame they hold the purse strings not the ex. branch. The second was blaming Bucci for the city fiscal problems. The City of Bing under Bucci, (Including his last year) received an award the last 11 years of the Bucci adm for fiscal policies. The problem is the hiring of most of the jobs that were elmininated under Bucci. Why does a city of only 45,000 have the need for a comm director. Rich David did both jobs asst mayor and comm director. Why is there a youth director? The city never needed one in the past. A blight director? The city never needed one in the past. etc............

I've got a good feeling "Friend of Binghamton " is maybe Mary Pat Hyland. She came up with this idea Ed was Ray and Poeticjustice first.

Where is Mary Pat now that she got fired?

Certainly she would be angry enough with Ed for pointing out what a lousy journalist she was just when she got fired!

I don't like mary pat. But cmon, "friend of binghamton" is not mary pat. friend of binghamton and E. Jensen are stoned out of their minds when they right. they sound like the stepford wives only they are men. I am sure they are one and the same person--not mary pat. my bet is they are tarik. the writing style is stifled and pretentious. when you read it you have to come up for air and say "wtf."

I don't like mary pat. But cmon, "friend of binghamton" is not mary pat. friend of binghamton and E. Jensen are stoned out of their minds when they right. they sound like the stepford wives only they are men. I am sure they are one and the same person--not mary pat. my bet is they are tarik. the writing style is stifled and pretentious. when you read it you have to come up for air and say "wtf."

yeah, maybe Tarik.

Binghamton has collective amnesia becuase if you remember back to October 30, 2005 and another of Ryan's broken election promises Ryan said in this newspaper in his first six months was he going to bring "people" "together" to plan to plan to make a plan. That is what he is doing now because he never did it in his first six months.

(I'm working on getting you the exact quote because the Press & Sun-Bulletin's on-line search archives are so useless I do not feel like wading through 2000 articles to find the right one. I'm assuming internally they have a better means of looking it up. It was in a comparative piece of all three candidates)

Meanwhile, without having to form even one committe here is how Rainbow Ryan can save about $6,000,000, $2,000,000 of that EVERY EAR!

"In his hour-long State of the City speech, Ryan announced his "partnership for change." The plan calls for four committees of staff, elected officials and residents to tackle four issues: rising personnel costs, sanitation, sustainable development and housing.

"I don't think we should have to make cuts or decisions without involving the public," Ryan said.

Over six to 12 months the groups are charged with deciding how to fund city services, combat rising costs and hold the line on city taxes."

http://www.pressconnects.com/apps/pbcs.dll.../802140336/1001

How to hold the line on City taxes???

1. Do not build a needless and damaging Roundabout at Court & Exchange Streets. Savings $2,000,000, the City's share.

2. Do not extended the often flooded, little used Riverwalk to the seedy Binghamton Plaza. If residents there want to walk have them walk to the grocery store they complain is too far. Savings $800,000 plus.

3. Close two fire stations and cut 10 firefighters. Savings $2,000,000 PER YEAR.

4. Do not build or finish the muni wifi. Savings $30,000 up front and $30,000 per year every year. (Time Warner Cable should sue the city about this for unfair practices)

5. Fire needless and useless A&W Block Communty Relations Director (from NYC, apparently no BU or BCC grads were available) in a community he knows nothing about. Savings $40,000 + per year.

6. Fire Youth Director Ana Shaleo-Johnson. Kids can make videos in school. The churches, schools, hospitals, county, feds, and social agencies all do a better jobs than her with the same thing anyway. Savings $40,000+ per year.

7. Fire the Sustainable Development Coordinator, nobody has a clue what he does anyway. Savings $30,000 + per year.

8. Fire the Blight Coordinator another useless position and one already done in Planning and Housing. Savings $70,000 per year.

You can put back the Code Enforcement guys on the CDBG who were taken off to make room for these two useless positions so Ryan and Abdelazim can lie and say we're not paying for them.

9. Keep Jim Dessauer away from any funds. Savings $500,000.

We have now saved about $6,000,000 in 10 minutes.

Did you use a committee to come to these conclusions?

Binghamton has collective amnesia becuase if you remember back to October 30, 2005 and another of Ryan's broken election promises Ryan said in this newspaper in his first six months was he going to bring "people" "together" to plan to plan to make a plan. That is what he is doing now because he never did it in his first six months.

(I'm working on getting you the exact quote because the Press & Sun-Bulletin's on-line search archives are so useless I do not feel like wading through 2000 articles to find the right one. I'm assuming internally they have a better means of looking it up. It was in a comparative piece of all three candidates)

Meanwhile, without having to form even one committe here is how Rainbow Ryan can save about $6,000,000, $2,000,000 of that EVERY EAR!

"In his hour-long State of the City speech, Ryan announced his "partnership for change." The plan calls for four committees of staff, elected officials and residents to tackle four issues: rising personnel costs, sanitation, sustainable development and housing.

"I don't think we should have to make cuts or decisions without involving the public," Ryan said.

Over six to 12 months the groups are charged with deciding how to fund city services, combat rising costs and hold the line on city taxes."

1. Do not build a needless and damaging Roundabout at Court & Exchange Streets. Savings $2,000,000, the City's share.

2. Do not extended the often flooded, little used Riverwalk to the seedy Binghamton Plaza. If residents there want to walk have them walk to the grocery store they complain is too far. Savings $800,000 plus.

3. Close two fire stations and cut 10 firefighters. Savings $2,000,000 PER YEAR.

4. Do not build or finish the muni wifi. Savings $30,000 up front and $30,000 per year every year. (Time Warner Cable should sue the city about this for unfair practices)

5. Fire needless and useless A&W Block Communty Relations Director (from NYC, apparently no BU or BCC grads were available) in a community he knows nothing about. Savings $40,000 + per year.

6. Fire Youth Director Ana Shaleo-Johnson. Kids can make videos in school. The churches, schools, hospitals, county, feds, and social agencies all do a better jobs than her with the same thing anyway. Savings $40,000+ per year.

7. Fire the Sustainable Development Coordinator, nobody has a clue what he does anyway. Savings $30,000 + per year.

8. Fire the Blight Coordinator another useless position and one already done in Planning and Housing. Savings $70,000 per year.

You can put back the Code Enforcement guys on the CDBG who were taken off to make room for these two useless positions so Ryan and Abdelazim can lie and say we're not paying for them.

Had the opportunity to repost and expand these suggestion in the PSB this morning....

Those who reply to Ed with STFU are plants by Ryan Tarik and Citizen Action because Ed brings up valid points. I mean does this administration really think we don't see the connection when he talks, in his state of the city and budget meetings that taxes have to go up because of increased personnel costs followed by his hiring more employees of top level that do nothing?

People are getting it. That's what worries Ryan and Abdelaizm.

The gig is up.

Nobody is buying the lies anymore.

Two years of nothing but tax and crime increases have taken their toll.

And it will only get worse.

People are getting it. That's what worries Ryan and Abdelaizm.

The gig is up.

Nobody is buying the lies anymore.

Two years of nothing but tax and crime increases have taken their toll.

And it will only get worse.

Who knows where the taxes will end? They have to rise even more than last year given no new revenue and more spending

Archived