Fusion 5 for 5 at State Cup

Guest Guest-soccer_fan-*

Guest Guest-soccer_fan-*

Thats right Kool-Aid drinkers the first games at championship weekend are over and the Fusion lost all 5 of its first games effectively ending any state title hopes. Especially disappointing was the loss by the u15 girls, a team that hadn't previously lost a state cup game in its history, gets shut out 2-0 by a Jr Rhino squad they used to easily defeat. Hate to say I told you that this organization has destroyed our local soccer scene, maybe now people will start looking into actually getting all of our best players together instead of settling for this overpriced BS.

Guest Guest
Thats right Kool-Aid drinkers the first games at championship weekend are over and the Fusion lost all 5 of its first games effectively ending any state title hopes. Especially disappointing was the loss by the u15 girls, a team that hadn't previously lost a state cup game in its history, gets shut out 2-0 by a Jr Rhino squad they used to easily defeat. Hate to say I told you that this organization has destroyed our local soccer scene, maybe now people will start looking into actually getting all of our best players together instead of settling for this overpriced BS.

actually the boys U18 controls their own destiny still. A 1-0 win or any win by two makes them state champs

Guest Guest

Also, the U-17 boys team tied Rochester FC today 2-2. Rochester FC won states, and lost in Regionals on goal differential last season. They are probably the best team in the state for that age group and Fusion tied them.

Sounds like your Fusion hater post isn't quite accurate, huh buddy?

Guest Guest-soccer_fan-*
Also, the U-17 boys team tied Rochester FC today 2-2. Rochester FC won states, and lost in Regionals on goal differential last season. They are probably the best team in the state for that age group and Fusion tied them.

Sounds like your Fusion hater post isn't quite accurate, huh buddy?

Fusion has now played 8 games in the finals and they have 2 wins 1 tie and 5 losses. The post is totally accurate, the one team that controls its own chance (u18b) still is only 1-1 and must beat the 2-0 Syracuse FC team to have a shot, who is actually the team in control of the group.

Lets look at the some other groups and their games won to games played

Fusion 2 wins/ 8 played

Rhinos 13 wins/ 18 games

Syracuse FC 11 wins/ 17 games

Buffalo United 5 wins / 13 games

Its pretty easy to see who the weakest of the "Premier" group is. We have less teams in the finals than the other big clubs, we have less success than the other clubs, and I'm the one who wasn't accurate? All I'm asking is for people to stop just blindly buying into the myth that this group makes things better, because it is not even near the truth.

Guest Guest

15gs came back with a nice 1-0 win and can still win with a help and a win Sunday. The Rhino gm was a matter of the team just not finishing. Control the gm, have more chances just could not finish. I have an idea for this guy...get a life loser. Or better yet drink some of Jim Jones Kool aid and go away.

Guest Guest
Fusion 2 wins/ 8 played

Rhinos 13 wins/ 18 games

Syracuse FC 11 wins/ 17 games

Buffalo United 5 wins / 13 games

Other Binghamton area clubs - 0 wins/0 played

Fusion is what is putting Binghamton area soccer on the map.

Guest Guest
Other Binghamton area clubs - 0 wins/0 played

Fusion is what is putting Binghamton area soccer on the map.

Binghamton area soccer was already on the map long before Fusion came around and will be long after Fusion is gone. How do you define putting us on the map? Producing ODP players, state cup success, top notch HS teams, or college scholarships? In all those areas Fusion has yet to improve on what the Binghamton area was already doing before. There is not one area where Fusion is doing more than we have in the past.

Whenever our area attempts to put together a "Premier" club, be it Euro Futbol, Fusion, FC Broome or any other they start saying that they are better than club teams, thats not what you should try to compare to. Start measuring yourself against the same type of club, not groups from one small town. No one expects SRU or Hiawatha (a travel club representing a small school district) to vie for state cups crowns. However you can't argue that those clubs have built good players, I would argue that they have been more successful than Fusion overall at producing talent (after all thats where Fusion takes its players from). The u15g team has stagnated in my honest opinion this years showing at tourneys and state cup reflects that, the u17b team is still about the same spot it has been for the past two years as well.

Guest Guest
How do you define putting us on the map?

No one expects SRU or Hiawatha (a travel club representing a small school district) to vie for state cups crowns.

You answered your own question. Regardless of who "produces talented players" soccer is a team sport. I would much rather have a team representing Broome at a HIGH level (ex. - playing in state cup and other RANKED tournaments). Without Fusion, Broome County would never have a team playing for a state cup title. THAT is how TEAM success is measured...not by individuals.

Guest Guest
You answered your own question. Regardless of who "produces talented players" soccer is a team sport. I would much rather have a team representing Broome at a HIGH level (ex. - playing in state cup and other RANKED tournaments). Without Fusion, Broome County would never have a team playing for a state cup title. THAT is how TEAM success is measured...not by individuals.

And, that is the problem with many of the Fusion teams, the players play as individuals and not as as team players.

Guest Guest-soccer_fan-*

Let all the lame Fusion excuses be heard

"We're better than club teams in Binghamton"

"We played really good after we were eliminated by losing our first game"

"Those other teams are good and we played them tough"

As I said yesterday, when you lose every first round game and end up winning less than one out of every 4 matches you play your group is the weakest so called Premier group in the state. If you want to continue to have the best that our area can offer looking like this, then Fusion is the right thing for you. Maybe we should actually try to get all of the top players together for once, but Soaring Cap players aren't going to leave a good group to pay and extra thousand bucks I'll guarantee that, same goes for the TC United kids.

Guest Guest
"We're better than club teams in Binghamton"

This is obviously true. No other Binghamton area teams even tried to qualify for state cup, nor would they have made it if they did.

"We played really good after we were eliminated by losing our first game"

This is lame excuse. The tournament is round robin so teams have to play EVERY game well; however, i've never heard anyone use this.

"Those other teams are good and we played them tough"

This is absolutely true. The teams that are in State Cup are phenominal. Rarely does ANY team make it through the tournament with 3 wins.

Guest Guest-soccer_fan-*
This is absolutely true. The teams that are in State Cup are phenominal. Rarely does ANY team make it through the tournament with 3 wins.

Thats why on the girls side 6 different teams went 3-0 this State Cup out of 7 age groups (u19 couldn't play 3 not enough teams). A rate of over 85% is not a rarity its the probable outcome. You guys will try to grasp at any straw to make things look better for you. As I've said Fusion is easily the worst so-called premier club around, in honesty they are not one and until they actually get the top players from all of Section 4 they won't be.

Guest Guest-soccer_fan-*

Just went to the NYSW website to get the accurate info, since 2004 an average of 8 teams each season go 3-0 out of the 16 age groups so its a 50% shot each season. On the boys side it happens 2-3 times a year girls side its 5-6 times, Heck the Fusion u15 girls were 3-0 the last two seasons, this year marked their first loss ever at State Cup. So the whole "it rarely happens" myth is another lame excuse. Also considering that no team that lost its first game in the tourney went on to win its group in the past 3 years, its pretty easy to say lost the first game and you are out.

Guest Guest

The gap in good/bad girls soccer (and sports in general) is SIGNIFICANTLY wider than that of the men's game. Think of all the women's championship teams in professional/college sports over the past decade. It's mostly dominated by 1 or 2 teams in each sport.

@

Guest guest

actually broome county does have a team competing next weekend for the state cup and its not fusion its empire united

Guest Guest
actually broome county does have a team competing next weekend for the state cup and its not fusion its empire united

It's not State Cup. The New York West State Cup Final Four was last weekend. You are mistaken with another tournament...

Guest guest
It's not State Cup. The New York West State Cup Final Four was last weekend. You are mistaken with another tournament...

whatever it is i read about it on the empire cup tournament page and there was a local team playing and it wasnt fusion

Guest Guest
whatever it is i read about it on the empire cup tournament page and there was a local team playing and it wasnt fusion

State Cup is significantly different. It's the most prestigious tournament in New York State West and teams have to QUALIFY for it. Empire Cup is simply a tournament to participate in. The post was about how no other BC area teams qualified for State Cup.

Guest Guest

This post shows the ignorance of Broome County soccer fans. They have no idea what competition is like on the STATE level.

@

Archived