Time to Mull Over Binghamton's Problems

Guest Coffin Corner

Guest Coffin Corner

http://www.binghamtonpress.com/apps/pbcs.d...EWS01/802130374

Mayor announces 'partnership for change'

By Brian Liberatore

Press & Sun-Bulletin

Post Comment

BINGHAMTON -- Mayor Matthew T. Ryan says he will create four committees to mull over the city's most daunting challenges.

In his hour-long State of the City speech, Ryan announced his "partnership for change." The plan calls for four committees of staff, elected officials and residents to tackle four issues: rising personnel costs, sanitation, sustainable development and housing.

"I don't think we should have to make cuts or

What a nut job. What about the Garbage Summit from years ago? Why is this guy still trying to figure things out with all this mumbo jumbo committee BS. What an absolute abomination this mayor and his crew are.

He's like the guy everyone knows at work, who knows how to look busy without ever actually doing anything. He's an expert at generating superfluous verbosity, and is able to snow the boss with BS.

Ryan's problem is that he's way too easy to spot by the residents of the City.

I thought Ryan's much ballyhooed " Neighborhood Assemblies" were supposed to be a "grassroots"..."bottom-up"...."participatory democracy" avenue for citizens to advise Ryan, his administration and the city council on public policy matters?

So why the need to create 4 brand new "panels" and "commissions" do do the same thing?

I'll tell you why....because after two years...they've accomplished absolutely nothing of substance...it is not a broad-based grassroots movement...it appeals to a very small radical fringe group of kooks. There is no broad appeal across the political spectrum and that's why the number of people particpating hasn't grown and their impact is nill. The Neighborhood Assemblies are used as a political organizing tool for Citizen Action and THEIR narrow agenda. The process is designed to benefit them...not the city as a whole.

The Neighborhood Assemblies are "yesterday's news"...and they've been impotent in providing anything substantive in turning the city around...creating jobs, fighting crime, raising property values, etc...so it's time to shuck and jive and create something "new and exciting" in order to distract and divert attention away from the demonstrable failure.

When what you're doing isn't working....simply change the name and keep doing the same thing and call it progress and hope the populace is too stupid to catch on.

Obviously Ryan knows what he's doing...Binghamton was stupid enough to elect him...and he knows it.

You fools get what you deserve.

5 threads with the same thing copied and pasted.

You've been busy.

That is soooooooooooo lame.

And you read it all five times.

Now I ask you, who's "lame?"

And you read it all five times.

Now I ask you, who's "lame?"

I read a lot of threads here. You plastered your crap all over too many of them.

A: You're still lame.

I read a lot of threads here. You plastered your crap all over too many of them.

A: You're still lame.

And you've read all five of those lame posts.

It's like shooting fish in a barrel.

Guest Latrine Jenkem

He missed the major problem with Binghamton. It can be called the " DELETED " and it was imported from NYC. It's highly observable on Main Street.

Archived